The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related - Page 35 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related

 
Thread Tools
post #341 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 06:16 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
loltako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by CrucialNUG View Post
What is this logic? You do realize all those devices you tried affect the electrical power quality (in one way or another) to your PC. None of these are a real and full fix because this problem is larger than that. You saw differences in the performance of your PC after using them indicating they were changing something about the power transients that mess up our PCs. They made your game work differently because they made your PC work differently this obviously points to our PCs being electrically affected from some factor in our electrical infrastructures. You are actually contradicting yourself at this point- need I say more?
Really, the same symptoms, these things happened, making me believe for a long time to be electric, but he appeared 600 km from my house where 10 other computers worked perfectly well, if it is electric, everyone should be damaged, there should not be a professional team of CS playing over there.

As I said, when I left, they hired another player to use the PC I was on, I asked if he had reinstalled the windows or done something, he just connected the equipment and started playing, it was perfect, because he made streams of there, he played online tournaments and performed very well.
loltako is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #342 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CrucialNUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 285
Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by loltako View Post
Really, the same symptoms, these things happened, making me believe for a long time to be electric, but he appeared 600 km from my house where 10 other computers worked perfectly well, if it is electric, everyone should be damaged, there should not be a professional team of CS playing over there.

As I said, when I left, they hired another player to use the PC I was on, I asked if he had reinstalled the windows or done something, he just connected the equipment and started playing, it was perfect, because he made streams of there, he played online tournaments and performed very well.
So you did not rule out electrical, you just had one experience that made you consider it was not. I have used PCs (mine as well as others) elsewhere they were perfectly fine.

Just a dude trying to fix problems
CrucialNUG is online now  
post #343 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 09:31 PM
RIP OCN
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 644
Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by loltako View Post
Really, the same symptoms, these things happened, making me believe for a long time to be electric, but he appeared 600 km from my house where 10 other computers worked perfectly well, if it is electric, everyone should be damaged, there should not be a professional team of CS playing over there.

As I said, when I left, they hired another player to use the PC I was on, I asked if he had reinstalled the windows or done something, he just connected the equipment and started playing, it was perfect, because he made streams of there, he played online tournaments and performed very well.
Quote: Originally Posted by CrucialNUG View Post
So you did not rule out electrical, you just had one experience that made you consider it was not. I have used PCs (mine as well as others) elsewhere they were perfectly fine.
You're both nuts, haha.
anti-clockwize is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #344 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CrucialNUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 285
Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by anti-clockwize View Post
You're both nuts, haha.
You would not be the first one to say it. These problems are real though, and in this thread alone there are about 12-15 others reporting they have seen the same stuff as I have. We are fully aware of how unlikely this stuff is. Wish it was not the case.

Just a dude trying to fix problems
CrucialNUG is online now  
post #345 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:46 AM
Dankeroni Pepperoni
 
Oh wow Secret Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 330
Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by loltako View Post
Really, the same symptoms, these things happened, making me believe for a long time to be electric, but he appeared 600 km from my house where 10 other computers worked perfectly well, if it is electric, everyone should be damaged, there should not be a professional team of CS playing over there.

As I said, when I left, they hired another player to use the PC I was on, I asked if he had reinstalled the windows or done something, he just connected the equipment and started playing, it was perfect, because he made streams of there, he played online tournaments and performed very well.
Did you ever have a 3rd party test your PC? For example, play on one PC for a few days until issues occur. Then set up a PC across the room. Make your friend go back and forth between the two computers and do some kind of consistent, scorable aim test.

the feel when you're stuck using a 10 year old office mouse because you can't aim with anything else... FeelsBadMan
Oh wow Secret Cow is offline  
post #346 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 08:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
loltako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Oh wow Secret Cow View Post
Did you ever have a 3rd party test your PC? For example, play on one PC for a few days until issues occur. Then set up a PC across the room. Make your friend go back and forth between the two computers and do some kind of consistent, scorable aim test.
I have 3 friends who play CS: GO and Apex legends competitively close to me (in my city, my neighborhood). they are not professional players, but they are good players and also sensitive to delays or something, I mean, if there was something on my PC that would prevent them from playing at the level they play, they would notice.

You have no idea how torturous it is, while I'm playing I feel the delay absurdly, so I ask one of them to play a game, be it Apex legends, pubg or cs: go, I put my chair next to it and stay very close monitor to see if the feeling of the game changes.

So I start to see the dolls moving slowly as it should be, the game is fluid and it really feels like 144 / 240hz, they can play at the same level they play at theirs home, nothing changes.

I asked a friend to do the same to me, while I'm playing he sits on the chair next to me and focuses completely on my gameplay, he can see how much the feeling of the game changes, the hitreg changes, the dolls seem to move faster, players with bad ratings start to have reflections of God.

All my friends in my city, are of a lower level than my game level, I mean, some of them were going to assist me and support me playing professionally years ago.

I tried to buy a wireless mouse / keyboard / headset, and long power cables to keep the PC as far away from me as 5 ~ 10 meters, but did nothing.

Last edited by loltako; 02-14-2020 at 08:28 AM.
loltako is offline  
post #347 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 08:48 AM
Dankeroni Pepperoni
 
Oh wow Secret Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 330
Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by loltako View Post
I have 3 friends who play CS: GO and Apex legends competitively close to me (in my city, my neighborhood). they are not professional players, but they are good players and also sensitive to delays or something, I mean, if there was something on my PC that would prevent them from playing at the level they play, they would notice.

You have no idea how torturous it is, while I'm playing I feel the delay absurdly, so I ask one of them to play a game, be it Apex legends, pubg or cs: go, I put my chair next to it and stay very close monitor to see if the feeling of the game changes.

So I start to see the dolls moving slowly as it should be, the game is fluid and it really feels like 144 / 240hz, they can play at the same level they play at theirs home, nothing changes.

I asked a friend to do the same to me, while I'm playing he sits on the chair next to me and focuses completely on my gameplay, he can see how much the feeling of the game changes, the hitreg changes, the dolls seem to move faster, players with bad ratings start to have reflections of God.

All my friends in my city, are of a lower level than my game level, I mean, some of them were going to assist me and support me playing professionally years ago.

I tried to buy a wireless mouse / keyboard / headset, and long power cables to keep the PC as far away from me as 5 ~ 10 meters, but did nothing.
I believe that the rabbit hole of input lag/delay/snappiness goes much deeper than most people think and that some people who could have been very good are being held back by bad hardware or electrical issues. I imagine little Timmy who could have been a Fortnite millionaire, but didn't because his dad bought him a mobo with bad networking and high DPC.

But dude, the more I read about your case in particular, the more it defies reason. Our reality is mostly grounded in cause and effect. When you think about what could possibly cause a PC to become laggy and delayed only the moment you sit down in front of it and go away the moment someone else begins using it, there is pretty much no logical explanation. The only thing left I could say to you is that you need to ground your issue with some objective data. You will spend the rest of your (gaming) life spinning in circles if you can only say that your game "feels" delayed when you use it.

the feel when you're stuck using a 10 year old office mouse because you can't aim with anything else... FeelsBadMan
Oh wow Secret Cow is offline  
post #348 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 08:55 AM
u broke 666 rep :(
 
skupples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 23,434
Rep: 679 (Unique: 361)
or ground self next time.

get a grounding bracelet

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
KAIHL Switches < CHERRY Switches, 10/10, blind taste test @ work.
skupples is online now  
post #349 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 09:03 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
loltako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Oh wow Secret Cow View Post
I believe that the rabbit hole of input lag/delay/snappiness goes much deeper than most people think and that some people who could have been very good are being held back by bad hardware or electrical issues. I imagine little Timmy who could have been a Fortnite millionaire, but didn't because his dad bought him a mobo with bad networking and high DPC.

But dude, the more I read about your case in particular, the more it defies reason. Our reality is mostly grounded in cause and effect. When you think about what could possibly cause a PC to become laggy and delayed only the moment you sit down in front of it and go away the moment someone else begins using it, there is pretty much no logical explanation. The only thing left I could say to you is that you need to ground your issue with some objective data. You will spend the rest of your (gaming) life spinning in circles if you can only say that your game "feels" delayed when you use it.
If it were me reading what I would say a few years ago, I would also think I was crazy, I have a complete sense of it.

I played with and against coldzera, (The best CS player in the world for 2 years in a row) I talked to him many times about the problem, but he has no idea about it, he just arrives, plug his equipment, configure nvidia options and basic things and go play.

I know how the game should work, I've been surrounded by people who today make money from e-sports, I accept and respect anything, but never that this case is psychological or anything like that, I just abandoned a career and the trust of player friends, I have a 3000U$ PC/monitor/equipments and today I only use it to watch videos and series, I don't feel like playing anything, it's not fun anymore.

What do you want me to do? document all the tests I did in a 100-line post? I doubt that anyone will really give importance to this, the only people willing to hear about something so complex and ghostly are our group...

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
or ground self next time.

get a grounding bracelet
Incredibly, I tried an anti-static bracelet attached to a grounded wire, but it does nothing.

Last edited by loltako; 02-14-2020 at 09:08 AM.
loltako is offline  
post #350 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CrucialNUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 285
Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Oh wow Secret Cow View Post
I believe that the rabbit hole of input lag/delay/snappiness goes much deeper than most people think and that some people who could have been very good are being held back by bad hardware or electrical issues. I imagine little Timmy who could have been a Fortnite millionaire, but didn't because his dad bought him a mobo with bad networking and high DPC.

But dude, the more I read about your case in particular, the more it defies reason. Our reality is mostly grounded in cause and effect. When you think about what could possibly cause a PC to become laggy and delayed only the moment you sit down in front of it and go away the moment someone else begins using it, there is pretty much no logical explanation. The only thing left I could say to you is that you need to ground your issue with some objective data. You will spend the rest of your (gaming) life spinning in circles if you can only say that your game "feels" delayed when you use it.
+1 on this, but if we can find out the cause of these issues for those of us that do know its somehow electrically related, then it may shed some light on some of the more outlier cases. Now in his case I have no reasonable explanation for how his friends could operate the PC fine but not him. I believe he could just insulate (thick rubber gloves, and ground himself out using an anti static bracelet to rule out any fluke theories here. Either way it certainly brings into question the reliability of the witnesses he had around him. If his problems are indeed the same (which to be honest it does sound the same, aside from the whole not working properly for him while it does for everyone around him) then it would not make much sense that there are 5-6 folks who experienced this issue, moved and had no problems from then on out.

Just a dude trying to fix problems

Last edited by CrucialNUG; 02-14-2020 at 11:52 AM.
CrucialNUG is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
input lag , mouse lag

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off