The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related - Page 36 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #351 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 12:28 PM
LTSC Consiglieri
 
skupples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 22,360
Rep: 651 (Unique: 349)
clearly you need to reach a deeper level for grounding then. wrist isn't high enough quality.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
skupples is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #352 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 16
Rep: 0
I just went to another place with a different electricity distributor and I have the same symptoms.I'm going to try to place the buried copper pica in the ground

Last edited by Strongzera; 02-15-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Strongzera is offline  
post #353 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CrucialNUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 179
Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Strongzera View Post
I just went to another place with a different electricity distributor and I have the same symptoms.I'm going to try to place the buried copper pica in the ground
Interesting. Well it may not be something from the power company after all (would make sense with how a double conversion UPS does not fix it), but rather some kind of local part of the electrical system in the places we have seen? I am not sure but I have some leads currently, will update after I confirm some stuff.

Just a dude trying to fix problems
CrucialNUG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #354 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 12:43 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
loltako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Strongzera View Post
I just went to another place with a different electricity distributor and I have the same symptoms.I'm going to try to place the buried copper pica in the ground
This guy is close to getting out of the infinite electrical loop.
loltako is offline  
post #355 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CrucialNUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 179
Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by loltako View Post
This guy is close to getting out of the infinite electrical loop.
And what do you say to those folks, 1 in this thread- @Straszy , and @Aymanb that fixed it by moving? Surely they would report that it is not truly fixed if you are correct in that the issues will present themselves anywhere we go, after a few days. Lets just say that all of what you are saying is true for yourself, then what logical explanation do you have for all of this other than this is somehow electrically caused or affected in some way or another.

Just a dude trying to fix problems
CrucialNUG is offline  
post #356 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 02:31 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
loltako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by CrucialNUG View Post
And what do you say to those folks, 1 in this thread- @Straszy , and @Aymanb that fixed it by moving? Surely they would report that it is not truly fixed if you are correct in that the issues will present themselves anywhere we go, after a few days. Lets just say that all of what you are saying is true for yourself, then what logical explanation do you have for all of this other than this is somehow electrically caused or affected in some way or another.

I do not know @Straszy But I talked a lot with @ayman , I was even present for 3 years on the nvidia topic he created.

Ayman doesn’t have EXACTLY the same problem, he says he has no problem with games and his games worked perfectly, he told me, "We don’t have the same case, because my games work well", He had only mouse, mouse delay feeling like ice, slippery and slow, maybe this particular case can be corrected by electricity, idk.

My delay, and the majority here, is in the whole system and mainly in games, games feeling like 60hz, horrible enemies and hitreg, games impossible to play because everything seems delayed.
loltako is offline  
post #357 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CrucialNUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 179
Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by loltako View Post
I do not know @Straszy But I talked a lot with @ayman , I was even present for 3 years on the nvidia topic he created.

Ayman doesn’t have EXACTLY the same problem, he says he has no problem with games and his games worked perfectly, he told me, "We don’t have the same case, because my games work well", He had only mouse, mouse delay feeling like ice, slippery and slow, maybe this particular case can be corrected by electricity, idk.

My delay, and the majority here, is in the whole system and mainly in games, games feeling like 60hz, horrible enemies and hitreg, games impossible to play because everything seems delayed.
Yes Ayman did have this problem. I will quote Ayman's very own post,
"The issue itself? Mouse movement is unresponsive/input lag, and when I touched the case of my PC etc. the lag would multiply and my mouse speeds would increase or decrease. Games were unplayable, aiming was impossible. My monitor quality decreased, my sound quality was bad, even with studio headphones."

He had the problem in desktop, BIOS, all games etc. Unfortunately it seems as though he has not looked back after fixing his problems by moving. But can you really blame him after suffering this issue for years? I would probably want to just forget that it is possible too, and go back to thinking like most folks do that power quality beyond the very basics has no affect on how computers function.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co...lag_and_other/

Give it a read through the comments there. There are some electrical engineers speaking about how a bad ground or similar issues can in fact affect a PC. A decent explanation for how a bad ground could cause this:

Desktop computers can tolerate as much as +/-10% variation in phase-to-neutral voltage, but they are quite sensitive to small changes in neutral-to-ground voltage. This is particularly true for newer computers whose logic circuitry may operate at less than one volt.

Now I am not saying that our grounding is the sole cause of this. However hopefully you can now understand that power issues can indeed affect the performance of a computer. There are others that have moved and fixed this issue, I have spoken to at least five. And there are many who have moved and seen no improvement. Some people like Ayman it took moving twice before he found a location where it worked properly. That is in line with my own experience- tried two other locations near me that have the same problem, and across town (in a much newer area) my gear ran perfectly. I did not have to wait a day or two to find out- I knew instantly whether it was fixed or the problem was still there. I am willing to evolve my understanding of this issue as new information presents itself. I am confident that a "bad ground" is not the source of our problems. It may not even be power quality in the traditional sense but something in these homes or areas cause some compounding affects that mess with devices.

Just a dude trying to fix problems

Last edited by CrucialNUG; 02-16-2020 at 03:22 PM.
CrucialNUG is offline  
post #358 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 10:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
loltako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by CrucialNUG View Post
Yes Ayman did have this problem. I will quote Ayman's very own post,
"The issue itself? Mouse movement is unresponsive/input lag, and when I touched the case of my PC etc. the lag would multiply and my mouse speeds would increase or decrease. Games were unplayable, aiming was impossible. My monitor quality decreased, my sound quality was bad, even with studio headphones."

He had the problem in desktop, BIOS, all games etc. Unfortunately it seems as though he has not looked back after fixing his problems by moving. But can you really blame him after suffering this issue for years? I would probably want to just forget that it is possible too, and go back to thinking like most folks do that power quality beyond the very basics has no affect on how computers function.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co...lag_and_other/

Give it a read through the comments there. There are some electrical engineers speaking about how a bad ground or similar issues can in fact affect a PC. A decent explanation for how a bad ground could cause this:

Desktop computers can tolerate as much as +/-10% variation in phase-to-neutral voltage, but they are quite sensitive to small changes in neutral-to-ground voltage. This is particularly true for newer computers whose logic circuitry may operate at less than one volt.

Now I am not saying that our grounding is the sole cause of this. However hopefully you can now understand that power issues can indeed affect the performance of a computer. There are others that have moved and fixed this issue, I have spoken to at least five. And there are many who have moved and seen no improvement. Some people like Ayman it took moving twice before he found a location where it worked properly. That is in line with my own experience- tried two other locations near me that have the same problem, and across town (in a much newer area) my gear ran perfectly. I did not have to wait a day or two to find out- I knew instantly whether it was fixed or the problem was still there. I am willing to evolve my understanding of this issue as new information presents itself. I am confident that a "bad ground" is not the source of our problems. It may not even be power quality in the traditional sense but something in these homes or areas cause some compounding affects that mess with devices.

I talked to him and asked him if he had delays in how the game works, enemies moving strangely in fps games, horrible hitreg, feeling of a broken and delayed game at all times.

Ayman says that furman power conditioner instantly helped 90% of his delay, that would be a proof that IN HIS CASE, it is electric, but i talked to people who have broken games and general lag on the desktop, furman and UPS Online among other things did ABSOLUTELY nothing, If it were electric, there would be an improvement that would be minimum 30% or more, what I saw happening was more than 10 people returning energy conditioners for return policies, others were unable to and had to sell.

He told me that the feeling of how the game works, hitreg, feeling of heavy play, he doesn't have it, it's not the same problem, I spent a lot of time talking to him.

Again, if I didn't have these symptoms in games, about hitreg, prefired enemies, broken game feeling, 60hz feeling, I wouldn't be here.

If you have any form of contact with him, ask him about these symptoms in the games, he never had.

Quote: Originally Posted by CrucialNUG View Post
Now I am not saying that our grounding is the sole cause of this. However hopefully you can now understand that power issues can indeed affect the performance of a computer.
I believe that electricity can affect the computer, mouse, delays of this kind, BUT the way the game works, (all the symptoms I mentioned above) I don't believe that it is electricity, and neither isp, (after tested all isp's in my city including cell phone 4G network via USB)
In my case, I have evidence on that,

Last edited by loltako; 02-16-2020 at 11:08 PM.
loltako is offline  
post #359 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 02:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Straszy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 129
Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Just quick update from my side, for over month no mouse issues after moving to a different place with PROPER grounding. Good luck everyone.
Straszy is offline  
post #360 of 417 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CrucialNUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 179
Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Straszy View Post
Just quick update from my side, for over month no mouse issues after moving to a different place with PROPER grounding. Good luck everyone.
Working on a massive update about the true nature of this issue and the cause! Thanks for reporting in man! And yes you are correct it has to do with a compounded issue of (hard to detect) compromised grounding!

Just a dude trying to fix problems
CrucialNUG is offline  
Reply

Tags
input lag , mouse lag

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (1 members and 4 guests)
ashrashrashr
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off