Smaller Deathadder - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Smaller Deathadder

post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 02:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by Razer_TheFiend View Post

Edit : Maybe I should take volunteers here to try out some smaller DA prototypes?

Don't toy with my feelings like that...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 05:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
If you looking for a slightly smaller DA you should look at the Razer Mamba Elite I picked up one for a steal recently from someone who prefers Logitech, at first it felt somewhat bulky since I have been using the same small mouse for 10 years but after 3 days it seems to be perfect for my grip. I have 19.5cm x 10cm hands and I use fingertip grip for csgo and other fps games and palm for web browsing and day to day use. I can now finally play for hours without getting pinkie and ring finger cramp.

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MadSkiLLz View Post
If you looking for a slightly smaller DA you should look at the Razer Mamba Elite I picked up one for a steal recently from someone who prefers Logitech, at first it felt somewhat bulky since I have been using the same small mouse for 10 years but after 3 days it seems to be perfect for my grip. I have 19.5cm x 10cm hands and I use fingertip grip for csgo and other fps games and palm for web browsing and day to day use. I can now finally play for hours without getting pinkie and ring finger cramp.

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk
Will look into it if I have a problem with the mm530
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 08:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 45)
Deathadder was primarily designed to be comfortable in palm-grip for medium-ish hands, so other styles are not the primary consideration in its case.

But of course if a smaller Deathadder works out well for other grip styles for larger hands, that's fine too.

Edit : Maybe I should take volunteers here to try out some smaller DA prototypes?
Curious as to what qualifies as medium? I found the DA too big. I'd reckon my hands are "medium", and humorously enough the DA fit more for claw in my experience.

Side note, this reminds me how much I miss the presence of Bald Mouse Jesus (peace be upon him).

MX518 Legendary
Nixeus Revel
Logitech G603 (91g)

Allsop Raindrop XL
Razer Goliathus Speed
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Got the mm530 pwning in Modern Warfare with it, it's perfect except for the front thumb button is difficult to actuate.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 03:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Let me know if you are serious. I'm a moba player and have been looking to find a more natural claw grip mouse. The deathadder 3.5g was my first gaming mouse but i then transitioned to g502 during my MMO days, having now transitioned to LoL, I realized the g502 was too bulky and i needed something lighter. More recently I realized over the years (most likely working with office mice) that my grip had transitioned to claw, from palm. Looking at the current offerings from Razer they all miss the mark for my needs. Having tested out the Mamba elite, Basilisk, Viper, Death adder elite,Lancehead, non quiet handle like my current set up.
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 11:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzon View Post
Let me know if you are serious. I'm a moba player and have been looking to find a more natural claw grip mouse. The deathadder 3.5g was my first gaming mouse but i then transitioned to g502 during my MMO days, having now transitioned to LoL, I realized the g502 was too bulky and i needed something lighter. More recently I realized over the years (most likely working with office mice) that my grip had transitioned to claw, from palm. Looking at the current offerings from Razer they all miss the mark for my needs. Having tested out the Mamba elite, Basilisk, Viper, Death adder elite,Lancehead, non quiet handle like my current set up.
I am serious, but not calling for any volunteers just yet. Maybe we'll make a few prototypes after the CNY break to see if there's a consensus on the size.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 03:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
I am serious, but not calling for any volunteers just yet. Maybe we'll make a few prototypes after the CNY break to see if there's a consensus on the size.
My body & soul are ready.

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 12:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 168 (Unique: 109)
Although I haven't used a Viper, so not sure about the clicks personally, if Razer is to not go bankrupt, I don't think you should use any type of mouse switches that aren't conducive to spam clicking. What I mean is, games like MOBAs are probably even bigger than FPS nowadays and they simply cannot be played without relatively light clicks. You're clicking multiple times per second for an entire 20-50 minute game.

Other list of things for Razer to do:

I seem to recall the Razer Lancehead TE identifying itself to Windows as 1 mouse and 2 keyboards. Cursor movement on this mouse was not very good compared to other competitors at the time like Sensei 310's 3360. Ideally a mouse should only identify itself to Windows as a mouse and not a keyboard at all like the Kana V2 and older mice, but if you insist on having it identify as a keyboard too for some sort of macro support, it definitely should not identiy itself as two keyboards. You think this stuff doesn't matter, but it does and will cause Windows to give you worse cursor movement.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in