straw poll: Do you prefer tact switch or regular switch for wheel click? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

straw poll: Do you prefer tact switch or regular switch for wheel click?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
straw poll: Do you prefer tact switch or regular switch for wheel click?

this is a small straw poll to show what do you prefer in case of wheel click.



https://www.strawpoll.me/19236691



so what do you prefer as wheel click?



Tact switches :



used by razer and logitech sometime they tend to be stiffer,,are extremely light for the mouse ,have a very low travel and tend to have a low life rating .

Regular Mouse switch:



used in most new gaming mouses,by glorious,finalmouse and xtrfy

they can make the wheel a bit noisy,they can be light or stiff,can have low or high life ratings,have longer travel,are a bit heavier for the mouse.




make your choice and have fun!

https://www.strawpoll.me/19236691
Attached Images
   

Last edited by tailslol; 01-15-2020 at 02:29 AM.
tailslol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:40 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
TranquilTempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,770
Rep: 79 (Unique: 64)
Regular switches. Though really, as long as I can click without scrolling, and scroll without clicking, when I want to, all is good.

TranquilTempest is online now  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
same i tend to prefer regular switches.
tailslol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 03:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
gipetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 539
Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
I dislike a stiff mouse wheel, gives me pain so i generally swap out for a lower newton 3 pin switch. that said, i like how the 2 pin switches orient the switch blade at 90 degrees to the wheel axle. this ensures a consistent click every time, not a click and unclick like a 0 degree orientation with wear as the axle moves back and forth, missing the switch occasionally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelplay.png
Views:	4
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	319010  

gipetto is online now  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by gipetto View Post
I dislike a stiff mouse wheel, gives me pain so i generally swap out for a lower newton 3 pin switch. that said, i like how the 2 pin switches orient the switch blade at 90 degrees to the wheel axle. this ensures a consistent click every time, not a click and unclick like a 0 degree orientation with wear as the axle moves back and forth, missing the switch occasionally.
well the easy fix would be to just enlarge the axle
wicked bunny did this and they use regular omrons for wheel click.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200105_170642.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	319016  

tailslol is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 04:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
TranquilTempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,770
Rep: 79 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by tailslol View Post
well the easy fix would be to just enlarge the axle
wicked bunny did this and they use regular omrons for wheel click.
Though that means the front of your mouse has to be taller. There's also no reason you can't rotate a normal 3 pin switch 90 degrees.

TranquilTempest is online now  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 04:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
r0ach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,017
Rep: 168 (Unique: 109)
Almost all middle mouse clicks to me are crappy and usually pretty stiff except for Steelseries, which seems to be the one thing they're consistently good at. So it's not just switch alone since a lot of people use the same switches and end up having a bad MMB. Things like the G302 switch are also passable, but not quite as good. But even on Steelseries I think a few of the cheaper, obsolete mice like the Kana v2 might have better MMB than some of the newer ones.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
r0ach is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by TranquilTempest View Post
Though that means the front of your mouse has to be taller. There's also no reason you can't rotate a normal 3 pin switch 90 degrees.
the mouse is not that high and rotating the switch could be an issue.
you'll lack of space for a symmetrical switch placement.
Attached Images
 
tailslol is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 04:35 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
r0ach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,017
Rep: 168 (Unique: 109)
As an add-on to the above post, anyone know offhand what the G302 middle mouse switch is? Feels like a Huano. Would definitely be better with an Omron. I think people are actually mistaken about why companies do this because there's very little price savings actually there. I think they do it because for some reason they erroneously believe the middle mouse click is supposed to be harder, or think it helps people with ogre fingers from accidentally pressing down when scrolling.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
r0ach is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
As an add-on to the above post, anyone know offhand what the G302 middle mouse switch is? Feels like a Huano. Would definitely be better with an Omron. I think people are actually mistaken about why companies do this because there's very little price savings actually there. I think they do it because for some reason they erroneously believe the middle mouse click is supposed to be harder, or think it helps people with ogre fingers from accidentally pressing down when scrolling.
it is hard to tell on the 302 because it use a suspended wheel.
and there is a rubber tact switch near to a regular kailh switch.
tailslol is offline  
Reply

Tags
finalmouse , gaming , glorious , Razer , Switches

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off