I find the Zowie S2 shape to be awful, but I aim extremely well with it. Is it the sensor? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

I find the Zowie S2 shape to be awful, but I aim extremely well with it. Is it the sensor?

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
I find the Zowie S2 shape to be awful, but I aim extremely well with it. Is it the sensor?

Both my ZA13 and FK2 are absolutely amazing shapes for my hand. I feel super comfortable holding either of them, but playing CS:GO I simply aim much better with the S2 even though I find the shape to be clumsy and uncomfortable.

Outside of the game I dont even feel confident holding the S2, but while playing I somehow end up getting much more kills with it than other mice.

I'm suspecting the sensor as I definitely feel like the 3360 feels more snappier/faster at precise flicking than the 3310 but im not sure.

Does anyone have the FK2-B and original FK2 who notices a difference in sensor/aiming? I'm super tempted to try and get the FK2-B but I'm scared of wasting my money to end up with 2 FK2s.

PS. I already have the model o-, it's way too light for me + i dislike the holes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 07:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 9)
Yep 3310 feels less snappy for me too, currently play with dm1 pro S. (3360)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 02:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post
Both my ZA13 and FK2 are absolutely amazing shapes for my hand. I feel super comfortable holding either of them, but playing CS:GO I simply aim much better with the S2 even though I find the shape to be clumsy and uncomfortable.

Outside of the game I dont even feel confident holding the S2, but while playing I somehow end up getting much more kills with it than other mice.

I'm suspecting the sensor as I definitely feel like the 3360 feels more snappier/faster at precise flicking than the 3310 but im not sure.

Does anyone have the FK2-B and original FK2 who notices a difference in sensor/aiming? I'm super tempted to try and get the FK2-B but I'm scared of wasting my money to end up with 2 FK2s.

PS. I already have the model o-, it's way too light for me + i dislike the holes.
3310 in zowies is not great, you can get used to it and perform very well. but if you are going from another good mouse, you will see how bad it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 02:33 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 174 (Unique: 90)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post
I'm super tempted to try and get the FK2-B but I'm scared of wasting my money to end up with 2 FK2s.

Just get this baby from Max Gaming;

https://us.maxgaming.com/gaming-mice...e-gaming-mouse

Latest model made from this company.

Live life to the Full here, don't hesitate to collect more mice because it's the best way in finding your "End-game" model.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 10:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I feel same way. But in my case I think it is because I am forced to grip it less aggressively, due to it's much lighter clicks (Even though I have swapped switches and sanded the shells on both the ZA13 and FK2). Personally I think the 3310 feels better, or atleast indifferent about it, but it could just be that I am more used to it.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 23)
My best scores in Aim Hero and Kovvaak are recorded with mice I find completely uncomfortable. I think it's more to do with the shape than the sensor.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 02:47 PM
mfw

Rep: 451 (Unique: 219)
Quote: Originally Posted by frunction View Post
My best scores in Aim Hero and Kovvaak are recorded with mice I find completely uncomfortable. I think it's more to do with the shape than the sensor.
No pain, no aim?

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Rac3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Gigabyte AMP500
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 08:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Some shapes can feel worse while playing but still offer better comfort in long gaming sessions, that might be a factor as well
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 08:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 45)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
No pain, no aim?
Taking me back to the G303 times of people blowing out their limbs just to use the mouse.

MX518 Legendary
Nixeus Revel
Logitech G603 (91g)

Allsop Raindrop XL
Razer Goliathus Speed
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 08:29 PM
LTSC Consiglieri

Rep: 658 (Unique: 351)
serious question - i'm trying to learn more about that which I've used forever but grossly under-estimate.

what would the benefit be behind a polling rate button? (aside from not having to deal with it in software) but i mean, actual use case advantages to turning down/using a different polling rate from max?

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in