Thoughts on Logitech G703? Powerplay mouse pad? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Thoughts on Logitech G703? Powerplay mouse pad?

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Rep: 292 (Unique: 198)
Thoughts on Logitech G703? Powerplay mouse pad?

Hello,

I'm looking to replace my G700s (right over 5 years old). I've looked at a few options and the mouse that best fits what I want in a mouse seems to be the G703 (outside the built in battery). What are your thoughts on the G703? Is the charging Powerplay mouse pad worth it at $120?

My usage,

90% general pc usage
5% photo/video editing
5% gaming

What I want in a mouse,

Wireless (No wires other then charging)
Designed for right handed use (no ambidextrous).
Battery life that lasts 24 hours min at 1000 polling rate.
1000 polling rate.
Optical sensor.
2 programmable side buttons.
Nothing too crazy with the physical design. I'm not a huge fan of the visuals of a lot of newer hardware and I think they'll age poorly. I intend to use this mouse for at least 4 or 5 years.

As for what games I play, I tend to play co-op online games such as RDR2, Gta v, Far Cry, The Division, GRWL (old one), Diablo 3, Skyrim. I don't game often and might go weeks without gaming. When I do game it's usually a co-op with my friends.

I have no budget though I don't want to waste money.

Thanks,

*Ok guys, I just ordered a G604. Going to give that a try and see how I like it. I own two G602 so I have an idea of what to expect though lets see how the redesign does.

Last edited by Chargeit; 01-25-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
To The Game

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 11:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 45)
I don't think it's worth it. It's small-ish and costs a ton.

When you look at the battery loading mice, they get months of battery life. Unless you're really keen on the tech and plan to stick with it, I wouldn't bother with the Play mat.

Even the ones with the built in battery usually get a few days to a week or two. Charging isn't as bad as it used to be!

Last edited by SmashTV; 01-25-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by SmashTV View Post
I don't think it's worth it. It's small-ish and costs a ton.

When you look at the battery loading mice, they get months of battery life. Unless you're really keen on the tech and plan to stick with it, I wouldn't bother.

Even the ones with the built in battery usually get a few days to a week or two. Charging isn't as bad as it used to be!
Issue I'm having is finding a form factor that looks like it will work for me. While having 1000 polling rate, optical sensors and being right handed. Would be nice if they came out with an updated version of this G700s with optical sensors but doesn't looking like that's happening.

Yeah the size is kind of 50/50. My main mice are a G700s at home and a G602 at work so I'm used to fairly large mice.

I'm generally against built in batteries since they kind of represent planned obsolescence though in the case of a mice I do see where it would help keep the weight down.

I'll look around some more. Not in a huge hurry though when unplugged my G700s is starting to wake the computer. I was able to confirm it was the G700s by turning it off and having the computer stay in sleep mode.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 12:44 PM
OCN is bad civilization

Rep: 112 (Unique: 86)
Take a look at G604.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Take a look at G604.
Yeah I'm checking that one out right now.

Use a G602 at work. I like it overall but when I tried using the G602 at home something about the angle of my setup caused me to hit the side buttons a lot and I couldn't get used to it. Outside that I only use two of the side buttons for page up/page down making the other buttons kind of in the way.

Though looking around the G602 might be my best option.

The more you learn about what you like and dislike the harder it becomes to make decisions when buying stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Take a look at G604.
Ok, think I'm going to try the G604. While I'm not a huge fan of all the extra buttons I like that it's 1000 polling rate, optical sensor and has an adjustable mouse scroll wheel. Looking over the stats it should be about 20g lighter then my G700s or G602 and offer a lot more battery life compared to my G700s.

Last edited by Chargeit; 01-25-2020 at 01:10 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 01:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 1)
I love my G703. I charge it maybe once every 3 days? lol.

Played CSGO at a high level and frankly, I find the tracking better than my old Razer Deathadder or the numerous Finalmouse/Logitech mice I've ran through, as well as no wire weight or having to deal with stupid cord bungees (or taping the wire to the wall lol)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by acoustic View Post
I love my G703. I charge it maybe once every 3 days? lol.

Played CSGO at a high level and frankly, I find the tracking better than my old Razer Deathadder or the numerous Finalmouse/Logitech mice I've ran through, as well as no wire weight or having to deal with stupid cord bungees (or taping the wire to the wall lol)
I just ordered the G604. I'll keep the G703 on the back burner in case I don't like the G604.

Fun fact, I ordered a G703 a few days back from Amazon and they sent me a G203 instead. It did work out for me since I hadn't realized the G703 had a built in battery which I'm not a huge fan of. Though if the G604 doesn't work out I'll give the G703 another try.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 02:33 PM
mfw

Rep: 447 (Unique: 218)
I have both the Powerplay mat and the G703. IMO, it's not worth the $100. Enable USB charging while the PC is off and let it charge when you're away. You'll have a 25-30h mouse without having to constrain yourself to a miniscule mousepad (and spending the extra money).

I bought it because of the novelty, but it quickly proved to be a pointless addition.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Rac3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Gigabyte AMP500
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
I have both the Powerplay mat and the G703. IMO, it's not worth the $100. Enable USB charging while the PC is off and let it charge when you're away. You'll have a 25-30h mouse without having to constrain yourself to a miniscule mousepad (and spending the extra money).

I bought it because of the novelty, but it quickly proved to be a pointless addition.
Yeah with the hours some of these mice are now claiming it does seem to be less of an issue then it is with this G700s that might get 5 hours at 1000 polling rate.

Pad isn't that small. Larger then the one I'm using right now. Though I like to use my pad in portrait which gives this pad more depth. Also hold my mouse more fingertip style so I don't require too much space for movement.

Last edited by Chargeit; 01-25-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in