Forum Jump: 

Best Wireless Mouse at the moment?

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Best Wireless Mouse at the moment?

Heyy

Right now i have a G502 3366 sensor.

Which would be the best sensor wise wireless mouse.

Is the hero sensor performance wise lower than the 3366?

I am looking for a g pro/g502 lighspeed or G703 lightspeed do they all have the same hero sensor?

And if yes, right now i hace 1600 dpi which dpi is equal to my sensovoty right now if i get an hero sensor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 03:05 PM
9 Cans of Ravioli

Rep: 1267 (Unique: 689)
1600 DPI is 1600 DPI.

Find a mouse shape and weight that you like and buy that.

Intel i9 9900K Coffee Lake @ X8 5309mhz (+47.5%)
AMD FX-8320 Vishera @ X4 5022mhz (+43.5%)
Intel i5 4690K Haswell @ X4 5013mhz (+43.2%)
AMD X4 960T Zosma @ X6 4870mhz (+62.3%)
Intel i7 6700 Skylake @ X4 4709mhz (+38.5%)
Intel i5 6400 Skylake @ X4 4588mhz (+69.9%)
2 OP pls nerf
(24 items)
NUC U
(10 items)
CPU
i9 9900K
Motherboard
AsRock Z390 Taichi
GPU
MSI GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill DDR4 4133 32GB
Hard Drive
Mushkin Pilot NVMe 1TB
Hard Drive
HP EX950 NVMe 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 5TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital EZRZ 3TB
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750w
Cooling
Corsair H115i Pro
Cooling
Raijintek Morpheus II
Case
Fractal Design Meshify S2
Operating System
Windows 10 Education x64
Monitor
Acer XF270HU 27" 1440p
Monitor
LG 24UD58 24" 4K
Keyboard
CoolerMaster MasterKeys Pro S
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
Glorious Model D
Audio
Klipsch PowerGate + FiiO E10K
Audio
Micca RB42
Audio
Philips Fidelio X2
Audio
Philips SHP9500S
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i3 8109U
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
GPU
Iris Plus 655
RAM
Kingston 8GB DDR4 2400
Hard Drive
Dierka K1 120GB
Hard Drive
ADATA SU800 128GB M.2
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional
Operating System
MX Linux
Keyboard
Dierya DK63-BT 60% (Outemu Blue)
Mouse
Logitech G603 Wireless
CPU
i7 860
Motherboard
Advantech AIMB 280 ITX
GPU
EVGA GTX 950 2GB
RAM
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
Seagate Momentus 2.5" 500GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue 2.5" 320GB
Power Supply
Silverstone SFX-L Gold 500w
Cooling
Arctic Alpine 11 GT 2
Case
Silverstone Milo Z ML07B
Operating System
Windows XP x86 SP3
Keyboard
Velocifire TKL01 Outemu Browns
Mouse
Logitech M512
▲ hide details ▲

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 03:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 483 (Unique: 328)
The HERO seems to be great. It's not worse than the 3366. There's no difference really in practice. You should worry more about how you like the shape of a mouse, its sensor position, the buttons, the weight, etc. I know the 3366 from a Logitech G303 and a Logitech G Pro, and I know the HERO from a Logitech G305.

Note that there are weirdos that say that the HERO "feels" different. My guess would be that surrounding stuff like for example the different mouse feet are doing more to the feel than actual 3366 vs HERO sensor differences.

About your DPI question:

You should measure the DPI for every new mouse you buy. You have to do this yourself, you can't rely on what you see other people report online. The DPI is always a tiny bit different for every single mouse, and sometimes it's a lot different. With "measure" I mean you have to use a ruler and calculator.

That said, I measured pretty much exactly the 800 DPI on my G305 that I've configured in the software. I repeated my measuring a bunch of times and got results between 790 and 810 DPI.

About how to measure DPI: what I do is move the mouse pointer on the desktop from the left to the right edge of the screen, and measure what distance the mouse has to move on the mouse pad. Then divide pixel width of your screen with the distance in inch, and the result is your mouse DPI. Make sure the Windows mouse settings are configured to 1:1 translation of raw coordinates to pixels for this calculation to work right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 04:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Not sure about all the spec breakdowns and such but so far the G602 has been everything the MX518 was and more. At one point in time I had 6 or 7 of the 518's and I used to do cord repairs and replacements on them when the wires would break. The only issue I have had with the G602 is that the mouse wheel click is acting up. May just need cleaning since it's been around two years that I have been using it on an almost daily basis. But otherwise it's been great. I just attached their little pigtail for the USB adapter to my keyboard so that my mouse is within a couple feet of the mouse when in use. Couple drops of super glue and a couple zip ties on the cord.

The DPI settings to me are a bit of a pain, sure you can run a high DPI sensor super fast and the mouse will twitch around the screen with the flick of the wrist but at a loss of accuracy. So I usually run around the 800DPI setting while the 602 can run up to 2500DPI. What really matters is the polling rate, or how often it reads the sensor. If it's polling at 60 times per second but you sweep across you mousepad super fast it will feel sluggish or like you have to move a lot farther than if you are moving slow. The G602 polls at either 125, 250 or 500 times per second depending on the mode it's set in. The faster it polls the more accurate your mouse movements will be but at the cost of battery life.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 04:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
Arugh is there a replica or a close variant to my glorious g700?

Just Roll With It
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 04:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by deepor View Post

Note that there are weirdos that say that the HERO "feels" different. My guess would be that surrounding stuff like for example the different mouse feet are doing more to the feel than actual 3366 vs HERO sensor differences.
they can feel different, even different versions of the firmware can give different feel on the same mouse. there is no voodoo about this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 04:38 PM
LTSC Consiglieri

Rep: 651 (Unique: 349)
VooDooo, runnin' from my magic now, brain insane, sugawuga pie, southwest voodoo in the haugh!

mice - I either use it how they come out of the box, or return them. they should JUST WORK, idc about firmware that helps increase battery life due to RGB drain.

between hero/3366, find the one that fits your hand(for me this means my hand doesn't cramp during heated battle), & makes you 360 no scope with ease.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.

Last edited by skupples; 02-03-2020 at 04:43 PM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 05:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 483 (Unique: 328)
Quote: Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
they can feel different, even different versions of the firmware can give different feel on the same mouse. there is no voodoo about this.

Yeah, I know that feel problem. I had it pretty bad in the past. The thing is just, I'm really not sure if it was real or not because I never managed to measure the feel changes objectively.

I tried to measure in a bit of a round-about way by using a game where I could see hit percentages tracked at the end of a match. For example a long time ago with Quake3, I would play a week with one setup and look at what my best percentages for railgun and lightning were in the screenshots I took. I could never actually track a difference there when the problem between setups was something that was just "feel".

Now, if I can't actually see my accuracy changing after a few days of experimenting, what does that "feel" stuff actually mean? Just by meditating about that question, I cured myself of my feel problem. I basically stopped trusting my feelings about the mouse and I can now play with any setup that isn't seriously broken.

Another thing that was super important for my "feel" problem is, I started playing somewhat "pro" back in the day and my clan had a sponsor to travel to LAN tournaments and such. Now about playing in LAN tournaments, there's stuff going on there that's massively more impactful. The feel problems at home are a bit of a joke in comparison. At the LAN you have at least a different chair and table to deal with if it's BYOC, or you might also have to use a different monitor and computer as well. You then desperately learn how to deal with that to do well. That LAN problem then in passing also helped fix those "feel" problems I had at home when experimenting with tweaks.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello

OK thank you for the advise, i think i just go into an store and test some logitech mice. Why cost the g pro and g502 wireless so much more than the g703?

Do the new logitech wireless have to use the logitech g hub software because right now i use the logitech gaming software and i heard that the g hub has lot of bugs.

I also programm the makros for some keyboard keys

My personal best mouse would be the g502 wireless without the side snipe button
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 03:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
re:Logitech software/mouse
LGS Gaming software works on Gpro wireless mouse. Still not the best software. But can put settings into mouse and remove software(or install from a sandbox) Once you change mouse settings, settings are retained in mouse so you do not need to keep software to use mouse.
LGHub is a nightmare. Hangs if you do not have a persistent internet connection endlessly cycling its logo animation! Loads a range of background tasks which need internet access. Behaves like spyware in general. Should not run on a system that needs strong security.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in