SOLVED: Mouse Woes - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

SOLVED: Mouse Woes

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
SOLVED: Mouse Woes

SOLUTION: I updated my logitech mouse driver software and my zowie mouse now works. Logitech software update made old logitech software not work and therefore all mice now break. Thanks planned obsolescence.

've had a Logitech G502 for I want to say 3 years now, and it's been working wonderfully despite the cable showing significant wear. I cleaned both my mousemats the other day (one's a CoolerMaster Swift RX XL (a cloth pad), and the other's an old cupboard door, very hard and smooth). They both used to work great, especially when freshly cleaned, but when I played on either just after cleaning they felt dirty, as in there were occasional patches where my mouse wasn't reading properly and would slow down for a while. Classic signs of a dirty mousemat, except they were both freshly cleaned and were both showing identical symptoms. The only consistency was specifically where on the pad the skipping occurred, not how fast I was moving my mouse or what direction or anything.

I assumed then my mouse had finally given up the ghost, so I bought a Zowie FK1+-B (from amazon with plans to return and test other mice), but this was having the same issues with both mousemats, although more extreme on the soft pad and less extreme on the hard.

Then I of course assumed both my pads had "broken" in the same way at the same time because, surely, that's the only other possibility. I bought a Razer Goliathus (Medium size) to test this theory and lo and behold, both mice still have issues. The Zowie works similar to the way it does on my hard pad, in that it occasionally skips and slows down (as if im lifting it too high for half a second or so), and the G502 has slight but noticeable accelleration (I think, in another test it favoured the right side but in general it accelerates slightly), even after tuning for the mousemat (which seemed to change nothing).

Now I have no idea what could be wrong, my G502 is currently in a frontal USB port when it was always on the back (where the Zowie currently is) so I doubt it's a USB problem. I heard a story of someone's wired mouse being so broken it affected pixels on his monitor when he got close (with pictures so it was most likely legit), could it be a reverse version of that where my monitor is sending out misread-rays in a big radius? I'm completely stuck pls help (sorry for blogpost)

UPDATE: I tried the G502 on my brothers laptop with the hard pad and its doing the right-favoured acceleration stuff again, but that's likely because his laptop is bad and can't run TF2 well, and his laptop and my PC are the only places I can really test it. (TF2 because it's the easiest to run FPS he has, where testing is VERY easy).

UPDATE 2: Upon reflection my testing method on my brothers laptop was likely flawed. I'll think on it and test other stuff tomorrow, but the most likely culprit is my PC somewhere somehow.

Last edited by mouseal_issues; 02-15-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in