22cm by 11cm hands is it worth trying the model O - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

22cm by 11cm hands is it worth trying the model O

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
22cm by 11cm hands is it worth trying the model O

Just wondering if it's even worth trying this mouse since it's similar to an fk1 and I'm using an fk1+ that's too short and narrow, wondering if the light weight might help not fatigue my hand as much

Play left handed so mouse has to be ambi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 04:32 AM
mfw

Rep: 468 (Unique: 224)
Depends. If palm grip or hybrid, given hand size, I'd say the Model O is not for you. My hands are smaller than yours, and the Model O is still not satisfactory. If claw grip, maybe it's big enough, but it's hard to know.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP510 L
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I guess it'll just be too small as they all are

The roccat kain has really nice dimensions for me but it's ergo right it almost looks ambidextrous and I thought about buying that and trying it but I'm sick of wasting money

Guess I'm just unlucky big hands play left kinds sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 05:58 AM
mfw

Rep: 468 (Unique: 224)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhys7 View Post
Guess I'm just unlucky big hands play left kinds sucks
Yeah, lol. The market is not made for you.

Have you tried mousereview? They might be kind of aspie, but someone there is bound to have a solution for you.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP510 L
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 07:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Just wondering if it's even worth trying this mouse since it's similar to an fk1 and I'm using an fk1+ that's too short and narrow, wondering if the light weight might help not fatigue my hand as much

I have 20cm long hands and its almost too small to be usable in palm, so if your hand is longer than mine than then it won't work in any other grip than fingertip/claw.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
Yeah, lol. The market is not made for you.

Have you tried mousereview? They might be kind of aspie, but someone there is bound to have a solution for you.
ive not but I will try it, ill try anything, its the width that kills me my little finger cant sit comfy on any mouse
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 02:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 7)
20x10 and use the model O- for 131 tip, my endgame mouse until Logi releases a GPW minus with similar size.

If you have the same grip the 10% size difference for the Model O would account for the hand size difference.
For any other grip, even just 122 tip, it's probably not going to work.

Which makes me wonder, would I have started to use 131 grip because my hands were generally too big for 122 on those tiny early mice ?

Last edited by Menthalion; 02-25-2020 at 02:21 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 02:34 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 353 (Unique: 251)

Had the FK1+, it was small and my hands are 21x10 skinny. The FK1+ was too low, weird side buttons, terrible main buttons not split from shell, usually mice are narrow and too short.

I ended up with a bit different grip than what I had with IE3.0, which is what I wanted, a change in grip but still keep as large a mouse as I can and the G403 works for me.
All the Zowie/BenQ I tried were always too small with a subpar shape, let alone outdated sensors, no customization software, etc.

No idea how someone can use 131 or 122 grip. 3 on top of mouse in nuts as the wheel gets in the way constantly. And 2 on pinky side gotta have short fingers and small hands to fit two fingers there.

Left hand ambi... Model 0 is not that. Logitech GPW I think is? There are not many mice with side buttons swappable between sides or on both sides. Plus it can truly be annoying when they are on both sides, especially if you can't disable or remap the sides separately.

Another option is, finally learn to use mouse with right hand. Many people do that. Much bigger selection.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Had the FK1+, it was small and my hands are 21x10 skinny. The FK1+ was too low, weird side buttons, terrible main buttons not split from shell, usually mice are narrow and too short.

I ended up with a bit different grip than what I had with IE3.0, which is what I wanted, a change in grip but still keep as large a mouse as I can and the G403 works for me.
All the Zowie/BenQ I tried were always too small with a subpar shape, let alone outdated sensors, no customization software, etc.

No idea how someone can use 131 or 122 grip. 3 on top of mouse in nuts as the wheel gets in the way constantly. And 2 on pinky side gotta have short fingers and small hands to fit two fingers there.

Left hand ambi... Model 0 is not that. Logitech GPW I think is? There are not many mice with side buttons swappable between sides or on both sides. Plus it can truly be annoying when they are on both sides, especially if you can't disable or remap the sides separately.

Another option is, finally learn to use mouse with right hand. Many people do that. Much bigger selection.
i started playing right handed did so for 25 years, im much better left handed with any mouse than i am right handed so ive done what you say and im better with left

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 02:16 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 353 (Unique: 251)
All I can say is try get something beefier, taller, as flatter mice (such as the FK) have a smaller curve over their top and will feel smaller in the hand.
It is pretty difficult to find good mice for larger hands as most mice are made for the average smaller Asian/teen hand.

Rival 300 was large but it was bad in many other ways. That may be the largest I had in my hand. The newer Rival has some ambi option I think but the size I believe went a lot down.

In the end likely you will have to move more away from palm grip into more of a hybrid or even finger tip grip :/
You could try the new IE3.0, they finally made it again with a sensible sensor I think after a decade of waiting for it. It has a wider rear than most mice so it fills the hand a little better width wise. But again, that's not ambi.

A large ambi mouse, don't remember any. Mod some with stick on plastic/tape or print one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in