Razer Viper Mini - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Viper Mini

post #11 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 07:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
How does the sensor on this one compare to the 3360 and 3399?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 07:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
good ... but a bit weaker overall in terms of "stats" ( CPI , IPS and so on ) ...
I bet it's a Variant of the pmw3331
Edit:
CPI 8500 , IPS 300 , max acceleration 35G ... sounds like a pmw 3331 ...

Last edited by Klopfer; 03-04-2020 at 07:29 PM.
post #13 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 07:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Hmm so 3331 is just as good as say 3360 but just slightly inferior stats which don't really mean much since it's not going to spin out either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 07:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
yeah , it's a good sensor , if the implementation is good ...
post #15 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 08:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
No mention of how nobody liked the switches in the regular Viper and they re-used them anyway? lol. Do Razer employees even comprehend that FPS games are not the main market segment in the world for competitive games and if you make switches that are entirely unusable in MOBA-style games your mouse is dead in the water? Even for FPS games I highly doubt heavy Huano-type of switches are liked by the majority.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #16 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 08:08 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
they left the screw holes easily accessible. so someone is basically acknowledging you, r0ach.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #17 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 08:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
No mention of how nobody liked the switches in the regular Viper and they re-used them anyway? lol. Do Razer employees even comprehend that FPS games are not the main market segment in the world for competitive games and if you make switches that are entirely unusable in MOBA-style games your mouse is dead in the water? Even for FPS games I highly doubt heavy Huano-type of switches are liked by the majority.
While I agree that the optical switches in the standard Viper don't feel great, the ones in the mini actually do have some changes so they aren't completely re-used from the previous mice. Badseed Tech mentions in his review that the switches in the Viper Mini feel closer to normal mechanical ones. As a result of whatever changes they made to achieve this the rated lifespan of the switch has been lowered.

Despite the optical switches not feeling great, the Viper and VU seem to be very popular so I wouldn't class them as dead in the water, but I do still wish they at least stuck to the old Razer branded Omrons instead.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #18 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 09:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
Razer is like a standard, bloated, zombie corporation at this point on cruise control like every other corporation in America if they can't figure out after making mice for a few decades what type of switches people like and don't like in mice. Before they spend a cent engineering switches they should already know what they want them to feel and sound like in the end, but it seems they don't. And if people don't like them, they don't seem to understand when to cut their losses and switch to something else. This is the textbook definition of zombie corporation.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #19 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 09:15 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 179 (Unique: 93)
Even for FPS games I highly doubt heavy Huano-type of switches are liked by the majority.
I do love any Huano switch. LOVE them to death.

And if people don't like them, they don't seem to understand when to cut their losses and switch to something else. This is the textbook definition of zombie corporation.
But for the young crowd, who still love these Zombies. They are for them, the penultimate gaming company out there.

It's like watching another episode of the Walking Dead, where Negan belts the Zombie Freaks over and over again for choosing Razer Corp. Then later watching them squirm around in pieces, as they try to justify their purchase .
post #20 of 239 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 09:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 14)
Razer is like a standard, bloated, zombie corporation at this point on cruise control like every other corporation in America if they can't figure out after making mice for a few decades what type of switches people like and don't like in mice. Before they spend a cent engineering switches they should already know what they want them to feel and sound like in the end, but it seems they don't. And if people don't like them, they don't seem to understand when to cut their losses and switch to something else. This is the textbook definition of zombie corporation.
It's all for marketing purposes. It's so they can put "super l33t zero latency optical laser switches" on the box. The same reason Logitech and so many other big manufacturers use those Omron D2FC-F-K switches, so they can say "50 MILLION CLICKS" on the box. Those 50M click switches are one of the least liked switches and are notorious for developing double-clicking, especially in mice like the GPW. But they still use them because 50M clicks sounds better than 20M or 10M to the average buyer, even if the switches with lower life spans have better tactility.

IMO Razer's biggest issue is Synapse 3. It's one of the bloatiest pieces of mouse software out there. :/

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in