Electrical issue causing input de-synchronization or input loss - Page 44 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Electrical issue causing input de-synchronization or input loss

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #431 of 450 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 04:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Poland
Posts: 23
Rep: 0
After so many weeks it is still good. One thing that made me curious, once a time, like every nn restarts (very rare) there was a beep for RAM (mostly before solving my issue). Tests (memtest) didn't show anything bad. I don't know if something happened to RAM/motherboard because of my issue or is this just separate issue and RAM is not fully stable on 1.36v on XMP, but switching it to 1.4v made mouse a little bit more consistent (it was already consistent, but this is just like cherry on top of cake). From what I have read, it can be possible. It is strange though. I need to look out for other beeps if they occur again.

Ryzen [email protected] 1.3v | MSI B450M PRO-VDH V2 | 2x8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 | Palit GeForce RTX 2060 GamingPro OC | Dreammachines DM1 Pro | HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Cherry MX Red | DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm + FiiO e10k | ViewSonic XG2402 144Hz
dervu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #432 of 450 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 01:03 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Yury Sheb View Post
have good results here
What are we looking at here?
xToxicMatt is offline  
post #433 of 450 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 06:22 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
gunit2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 471
Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by vf- View Post
Those would be under Control Panel/System/Power & Sleep - Additional Power/Change Plan setting/Change Advanced Power setting - USB Settings - USB selective suspend setting - Disabled.

Rather than faffing which each setting.
Quote: Originally Posted by breh View Post
Believe it or not, I had already disabled this setting, and even used the power settings explorer program to unlock the hidden power-saving settings, such as USB 3.0 Link Power management, AND use the windows ultimate performance power plan, and the power-saving behaviour still happened as I described (e.g. leaving PC untouched for 1-2 hours and the mouse not immediately waking up upon using it). As far as I know, I have performed every single tweak and optimisation known to man to disable power-saving, and it still didn't stop until I went through the entire list and manually disabled the setting. I'm pretty sure the selective suspend settings apply at every level of the controller e.g. host controller, root hub, composite device etc., and windows actively tries to implement power-saving whenever and wherever it can.

As we all know, USB selective suspend is kinda broken, and even appears in games when the USB devices are being actively used. If there's even the slightest chance of power-saving settings in the pathway chain to your mouse/keyboard, it should be disabled, give it a shot if you see some inconsistency. It means you can at least rule it out as a problem. Spending 5-10 minutes mindlessly clicking through properties (I had 43 entries that I went over, and only have 4 external USB devices connected, and some corsair fans connected with the internal USB port) isn't too much time in the grand scheme of things, considering some of us have spent years dealing with this stuff.
Something interesting to note about this discussion of disabling USB selective suspend and going through each individual USB device listing under Device Manager and unchecking the "Allow PC to turn off this device to save power" checkbox.

I learned that you can do both of the things above and some devices will STILL get suspended regardless of what you have set.

If you go into your Registry Editor and go to the following location: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Enum\USB\

You will find a bunch of folders with names similar to "VID_04BF&PID_0320". These are the hardware ID's of your USB devices. Going under each of these folders you will find a folder called "Device Parameters" and then should look for ones that have the key called "DeviceSelectiveSuspended" with a value of 1. This indicates that the device is selective suspended or will get suspended. I was super mind boggled to find MANY devices that had a value of 1 even though I have USB selective suspend completely disabled in my power options and the "Allow PC to turn off this device to save power" checkbox unchecked. Ideally, you would want to go through every single device that has the "DeviceSelectiveSuspended" key and set them to 0.

Also keep in mind there might be some finicky devices where the key might eventually revert back to a 1 and you would have to change it back to 0. The only one that has done that for me is a TDK Bluetooth USB dongle, so what I ended up doing for that one is going into it's Permissions and basically made it read-only so that the SYSTEM or ADMINISTRATORS are not allowed to make any changes to the keys of that device.

Anyways, this might not be something that helps those with electricity issues or whatever, but just wanted to state what I found for anyone that was messing about with these settings earlier on.

gunit2004 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #434 of 450 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 06:49 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020
 
skupples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bradentucky
Posts: 25,555
Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
Quote: Originally Posted by xToxicMatt View Post
What are we looking at here?

the next wave of miracle products for ElctroBOOM to review.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
skupples is offline  
post #435 of 450 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 05:00 PM
vf-
New to Overclock.net
 
vf-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by gunit2004 View Post
Something interesting to note about this discussion of disabling USB selective suspend and going through each individual USB device listing under Device Manager and unchecking the "Allow PC to turn off this device to save power" checkbox.

I learned that you can do both of the things above and some devices will STILL get suspended regardless of what you have set.

If you go into your Registry Editor and go to the following location: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Enum\USB\

You will find a bunch of folders with names similar to "VID_04BF&PID_0320". These are the hardware ID's of your USB devices. Going under each of these folders you will find a folder called "Device Parameters" and then should look for ones that have the key called "DeviceSelectiveSuspended" with a value of 1. This indicates that the device is selective suspended or will get suspended. I was super mind boggled to find MANY devices that had a value of 1 even though I have USB selective suspend completely disabled in my power options and the "Allow PC to turn off this device to save power" checkbox unchecked. Ideally, you would want to go through every single device that has the "DeviceSelectiveSuspended" key and set them to 0.

Also keep in mind there might be some finicky devices where the key might eventually revert back to a 1 and you would have to change it back to 0. The only one that has done that for me is a TDK Bluetooth USB dongle, so what I ended up doing for that one is going into it's Permissions and basically made it read-only so that the SYSTEM or ADMINISTRATORS are not allowed to make any changes to the keys of that device.

Anyways, this might not be something that helps those with electricity issues or whatever, but just wanted to state what I found for anyone that was messing about with these settings earlier on.

Personally I'm getting sick and tired of this obsession with this green energy crap and these are the problems we've got.
vf- is offline  
post #436 of 450 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 06:27 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
gunit2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 471
Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by vf- View Post
Personally I'm getting sick and tired of this obsession with this green energy crap and these are the problems we've got.
Even further update to that actually, it's not only the "DeviceSelectiveSuspended" keys that are a problem. You will find a bunch of other ones that might not have the "DeviceSelectiveSuspended" key BUT have another form of power management/savings using the keys "AllowIdleIrpInD3" & "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled".

Overall there's like 5 different keys that you need to change to 0 or make sure are already set to 0 by default, if your goal is to turn off any type of power management/savings crap (all can be seen in the picture attached, as I show an example device that happened to have all the different types of power management all on one device). Some devices have none, or just one.

The green ones should already be 0 I think if you disabled power management via Device Manager and have USB selective suspend turned off in your power settings. But the red ones need to be done manually through registry I'm pretty sure. At least this was the case on my machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	powermanagement.png
Views:	109
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	361466  


gunit2004 is offline  
post #437 of 450 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 01:31 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
x7007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,211
Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
I have only one issue now. The mouse is working properly as long as I don't use the Air Conditioner. When it is on I get some input lag and accuracy loss. I'm not sure why or how to isolate it.


The Air conditioner is pretty far from the computer and the Cable TV Internet Company COAXIAL cables. It also not random as it interrupts the mouse all the time it's working

EDIT : Connecting it to another power slot using Powerstrip fixed the issue. I have no idea why.

RIGWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU :AMD 1950X @ 3.7 Ghz 1.280
MOBO : Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)
RAM : G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GBx4 DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
GPU :INNO3D Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 8G D5 1759Mhz iChill X3
Sound Card For 5.1 Speakers : Asus Strix RAID DLX
Network Card : SolareFlare SFN6122F SFP+ 10Gbit Dual Port PCIEx4
PSU : ThermalTake 850Watt ToughPower
STORAGE
SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480Gb OS
WD Gold 6TB DataCenter 7200 128MB DATA/GAMEZ
Seagate 5TB Enterprise 7200 128MB (ST5000NM0024) DATA/GAMEZ
Samsung x2 1TB 7200 RAID0 GAMEZ
Segate 3TB Backup+ Desktop USB External BACKUP

GEAR and Sound
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TV : LG OLED55C6 TV
Mouse : Logitech G502
Mouse Pad : SteelSeries I-2 Black
Keyboard : Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE
GamePad : Xbox Elite Controller + Xbox Wireless Adapter
Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT990 600 Ohms
A...



Last edited by x7007; 08-05-2020 at 03:06 PM.
x7007 is offline  
post #438 of 450 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 05:33 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 37
Rep: 0
You guys can pretty much ignore everything I've said so far, I'm now certain my mobo is failing. I think I was just unlucky and ended up with 2 dodgy ones in a row (or my case mounts have metal contacting the mobo, I've checked and reseated everything, but I'm not 100% sure there isn't some hidden screw or chunk of metal interfering).
breh is offline  
post #439 of 450 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Timecard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 503
Rep: 32 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by breh View Post
You guys can pretty much ignore everything I've said so far, I'm now certain my mobo is failing. I think I was just unlucky and ended up with 2 dodgy ones in a row (or my case mounts have metal contacting the mobo, I've checked and reseated everything, but I'm not 100% sure there isn't some hidden screw or chunk of metal interfering).
Just run the pc outside your case and you'll know.
Timecard is offline  
post #440 of 450 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 12:16 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
r0ach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,438
Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
Quote: Originally Posted by breh View Post
You guys can pretty much ignore everything I've said so far, I'm now certain my mobo is failing. I think I was just unlucky and ended up with 2 dodgy ones in a row (or my case mounts have metal contacting the mobo, I've checked and reseated everything, but I'm not 100% sure there isn't some hidden screw or chunk of metal interfering).
Ah, the joy of building a computer when I was like 10 and powering it on while the entire back of the motherboard is in contact with the metal case. It appears we have solved the X-file for this entire thread.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
r0ach is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off