Help Me Replace My Now Defunct (aka dead) Mouse.....Please :) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Help Me Replace My Now Defunct (aka dead) Mouse.....Please :)

 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
kayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 676
Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Help Me Replace My Now Defunct (aka dead) Mouse.....Please :)

Hey, I currently own both a Razer Mamba Hyperflux which sadly died last week (my fault, I killed it), and a Razer Basilisk which I bought to replace the Mamba Hyper. I hate the Basilisk. The shape is weird, don't like the thumb rest. I think I hold mice weird. I'm in the USA. Really, really want a wireless mouse (one with a dongle).

I play Dota2, lots of shooters and RPGs, plus the occasional RTS and Battle Royale. I, currently also work from home on my PC, but that hopefully shouldn't be for too much longer. I'm a righty. Honestly, I don't care how much it costs. If it is comfortable that is what I care about. My hand measures 20.3cm long, 13cm wide. That being said, my thumb is only 6.98cm long. It's a dumb thumb that curves way backwards.

I honestly don't know what to call it. I have short stumpy thumbs. Pointer and middle finger rest on the clickers(M1 and M2) down to my 2nd knuckle, while my ring and pinky rest on the right side of the mouse. My whole pinky, down to my palm, rest on the edge of the mouse. None of the rest of my palm touches the mouse. I guess I'm maybe a fingertip/palm weird hybrid. I think I prefer a lighter mouse, but heavier is not horrible. I love the weight of this Mamba Hyperflux though at 96g. Typically I keep my mice between 3200-4000 DPI.

I really, really want a wireless mouse!!

I have purchased and disliked the following list of mice, for various comfort reasons, over the past 7-8 years: Logitech G703, G502, G900, G9x; Razer Basilisk Ultimate, DeathAdder, Ouroboros; Roccat Kone, Kone XTD; Corsair M65; Zowie FK1. I'm seriously at a loss. The only mouse I've had for more than 1 year has been the Mamba Hyperflux (I owned it for 2 years before knocking it on the floor and it dying), but at the same time I don't want to buy another one.

Thoughts and recommendations?

"Full frontal nerdity," that quote suits me. Thanks, Better Off Ted.
kayan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 11:04 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Zammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,269
Rep: 36 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by kayan View Post
Hey, I currently own both a Razer Mamba Hyperflux which sadly died last week (my fault, I killed it), and a Razer Basilisk which I bought to replace the Mamba Hyper. I hate the Basilisk. The shape is weird, don't like the thumb rest. I think I hold mice weird. I'm in the USA. Really, really want a wireless mouse (one with a dongle).

I play Dota2, lots of shooters and RPGs, plus the occasional RTS and Battle Royale. I, currently also work from home on my PC, but that hopefully shouldn't be for too much longer. I'm a righty. Honestly, I don't care how much it costs. If it is comfortable that is what I care about. My hand measures 20.3cm long, 13cm wide. That being said, my thumb is only 6.98cm long. It's a dumb thumb that curves way backwards.

I honestly don't know what to call it. I have short stumpy thumbs. Pointer and middle finger rest on the clickers(M1 and M2) down to my 2nd knuckle, while my ring and pinky rest on the right side of the mouse. My whole pinky, down to my palm, rest on the edge of the mouse. None of the rest of my palm touches the mouse. I guess I'm maybe a fingertip/palm weird hybrid. I think I prefer a lighter mouse, but heavier is not horrible. I love the weight of this Mamba Hyperflux though at 96g. Typically I keep my mice between 3200-4000 DPI.

I really, really want a wireless mouse!!

I have purchased and disliked the following list of mice, for various comfort reasons, over the past 7-8 years: Logitech G703, G502, G900, G9x; Razer Basilisk Ultimate, DeathAdder, Ouroboros; Roccat Kone, Kone XTD; Corsair M65; Zowie FK1. I'm seriously at a loss. The only mouse I've had for more than 1 year has been the Mamba Hyperflux (I owned it for 2 years before knocking it on the floor and it dying), but at the same time I don't want to buy another one.

Thoughts and recommendations?
If the Mamba Hyperflux worked well for you but you want a wireless mouse with a dongle this time, why not grab the Mamba Wireless? (2018 release)

It's the same shell and only slightly heavier than the Hyperflux. I used one for a while before I started using ultra light mice and thought it was really comfortable.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Zammin is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
kayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 676
Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
If the Mamba Hyperflux worked well for you but you want a wireless mouse with a dongle this time, why not grab the Mamba Wireless? (2018 release)

It's the same shell and only slightly heavier than the Hyperflux. I used one for a while before I started using ultra light mice and thought it was really comfortable.
What mouse do you use now? Do you regret going ultra light?

"Full frontal nerdity," that quote suits me. Thanks, Better Off Ted.
kayan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 09:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Zammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,269
Rep: 36 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by kayan View Post
What mouse do you use now? Do you regret going ultra light?
I have absolutely no regrets going ultralight. As long as the mouse shape is still comfortable, there's not really anything to lose by going lighter. Having said that, it's ultimately a thing of preference. I've been using a G-Wolves Skoll and a Pwnage Ultra Custom (wireless) which are both sub-70g Zowie EC clones. The Skoll is a bit larger than the Ultra Custom.

Prior to adapting to lighter mice though, I had no issues playing with the Mamba Wireless and Rival 600 which were two of my previous mains. I used the Mamba for the majority of my time playing Black Ops 4 from late 2018 to mid 2019.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Zammin is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2020, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
kayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 676
Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
I have absolutely no regrets going ultralight. As long as the mouse shape is still comfortable, there's not really anything to lose by going lighter. Having said that, it's ultimately a thing of preference. I've been using a G-Wolves Skoll and a Pwnage Ultra Custom (wireless) which are both sub-70g Zowie EC clones. The Skoll is a bit larger than the Ultra Custom.

Prior to adapting to lighter mice though, I had no issues playing with the Mamba Wireless and Rival 600 which were two of my previous mains. I used the Mamba for the majority of my time playing Black Ops 4 from late 2018 to mid 2019.
Thanks for the advice!

"Full frontal nerdity," that quote suits me. Thanks, Better Off Ted.
kayan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off