Endgame XM1 clicks actually got fixed - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Endgame XM1 clicks actually got fixed

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 177 (Unique: 116)
Endgame XM1 clicks actually got fixed

I bought one of the earlier, black XM1's and both the right and left click made an extremely loud THUNK sound on rebound of the click. They were some of the loudest buttons I've ever used. It's not me being picky or anything because JumpingRocketNinja also had this issue with both of his and didn't like it. I bought one of the newer white ones and the 'thunk' sound is completely gone on both clicks. They're now about as loud as a G Pro Hero wired. Maybe a little louder, but sound pretty similar overall.

I'm not sure if 50m Omrons are louder in general or if it's due to newer mice being lighter, hollower, and having thinner shells, but it seems like most newer mice with them are louder than older 20m Omrons overall. So don't really expect quietness from any of these things. Even though this new white XM1 clicks are majorly fixed compared to the older ones, the G Pro Hero wired and XM1 are still both a little louder than I would like. Clicks on the 20m Omron G403 are quieter, and clicks on mice like the G302 and G402 are even quieter than those.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 01:13 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 47 (Unique: 37)
This is already known, on release of the the white one it was is basically a fixed XM1. I imagine at some point the black batches will be updated too.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It wasn't known. There was zero mention about clicks not being loud as hell anymore. All they mentioned was thicker mouse feet, thicker mouse coating, different cord, and slightly different side buttons. As for the new cord, I don't really notice a difference between the last one. The last one didn't have much friction so I'd probably actually prefer the older one more since I'm not really a fan of removing shielding entirely from mouse cables.

I wish there was someone who wasn't lazy who would bench polling differences between the regular cord and new zero shielding cord. I bet the newer one has more noise in the polling due to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 08:45 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 33 (Unique: 23)
New cord still has shielding

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

This mouse is a real pain in that it's so close to greatness now but doesn't quite make it there. The coating is great, the sensor performs well, shape is good, but in a MOBA-type game, I find myself doing things like missing CS I wouldn't with a lowly mouse like the G302. My hovering over targets type of tracking is good with it too, but when it comes time to pull the trigger, I don't seem to do any better than lesser sensors with objectively worse tracking like the AM010.

I believe the cause of this is the mouse has pretty stiff clicks. You really have to apply a decent amount of effort into pressing the things down and I think it just throws me off entirely. For some people this might not be a problem - and it's probably less of a problem in FPS games where you don't have to spam click - but it's definitely holding me back using it. I would say anything stiffer than the G403 w/ 3366 and 20m Omrons is gonna be detrimental to most people in general.

I have a GPW sitting next to me by this white XM1 v2. The XM1 has absolutely zero pre-travel on the buttons, while the GPW has a little bit of sponginess/slight pre-travel. That sponginess/slight pre-travel on the GPW doesn't really bother me at all and feels pretty normal to what you see on most mice over the last 10-15 years. To me it feels like they made a conscious effort on the XM1 to eliminate pre-travel entirely in the engineering process, and ended up making them a bit too staff as a side effect of this.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Just noticed what the problem is with this mouse. They put the switches/actuation point way too far forward on the PCB. Unless you're some type of mutant with absurdly long fingers, most people are going to be clicking around the middle of the buttons, while the actuation point is at the very very front where nobody is actually clicking the mouse, especially someone using fingertip grip. Without redesigning the entire PCB, a quick hotfix they could do is simply flip the button orientation 180 degrees so the actuation point is further back.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 05:51 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 179 (Unique: 93)
Have the latest White Model here too.

Why hasn't Endgame designed any software driver that enables other functions for the 2 - side buttons?

You only have 2 functions using their latest v1.08 - 1) Enable going forward or backwards 2) Disable both buttons.

What a selection, might as well not provide anything at all, like some other small factories producing nobody mice, on the cheap .
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Besides the button actuation point being too far forward, the XM1 shape is probably better than GPW. With the GPW it feels like they created a shape for nobody that doesn't feel like it's designed for palm, claw, or fingertip grip. The XM1 at least works for claw and fingertip. The GPW doesn't feel right with fingertip grip at all, and for claw it feels off like something isn't quite right. So just how the hell are you supposed to hold a GPW?

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 12:12 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 179 (Unique: 93)
Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
The XM1 at least works for claw and fingertip.

Works nicely for me, the Fingertip actuation is super fine. Maybe because I am old, my switch-press is a lot slower than yours.

Also love their scroll wheel. Alps, has always been the better option for every mouse on Planet Earth .
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

When you say "works fine", by definition a claw grip has your fingers kinda bent and not laying flat, which would place your fingers further back on the mouse either in the middle of the buttons or even further back. For fingertip grip it's the same thing and you would be holding the mouse further towards the back, which would place your fingers further back on the buttons as well. So it's a pretty big oversight placing button actuation on the very front of the mouse where nobody would actually be pressing for those grip styles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in