How to clean install a new mouse + 2 Windows USB bugs affecting most people - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How to clean install a new mouse + 2 Windows USB bugs affecting most people

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 157 (Unique: 102)
I'm at odds with this. It did change the dpi where now I need more then I had before. However, movement is natural in MW2019. Am I aiming better? Still testing this. But I'm pretty happy with my aim having changed nothing in the game settings for the mouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
Quote: Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
I'm at odds with this. It did change the dpi where now I need more then I had before. However, movement is natural in MW2019. Am I aiming better? Still testing this. But I'm pretty happy with my aim having changed nothing in the game settings for the mouse.
All you need to know is that having the mouse's 'keyboard' entry being the last in the list on a fresh Windows install is the normal way and it appearing at the top is the bugged way. For me personally, I've never liked how the mouse feels in the bugged configuration.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 11:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
What if I simply delete mouse's 'keyboard' from the device list? Will it have the same effect on mouse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J Doe View Post
What if I simply delete mouse's 'keyboard' from the device list? Will it have the same effect on mouse?
It will reinstall itself automatically on reboot. And this gets into the more voodoo side of things where there's no easily discernable explanation, but deleting anything in device manager usually will make the system feel a bit off until after you reboot, so doing it on every boot isn't a good option.

post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 11:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

The problem is that with the mouse's 'keyboard' on the bottom of the list Razer Synapse won't detect my mouse. I need it for mouse mat calibration.
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 12:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
A bit of a different topic maybe but if anyone has the time, could they quickly check their Task Manager and see if they have a "ProIntelliMouseNotificationService.exe" running under the 'Details' or 'Services' tab?

I do have an Intellimouse Pro but I don't ever remember actually installing it or using it since doing a fresh Windows install a while back. Then again, maybe I did plug it in and just don't remember. Was wondering if they suddenly started including this driver by default in Windows? It's an .exe that resides in the System32 folder.

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 12:54 AM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 58 (Unique: 49)
Quote: Originally Posted by gunit2004 View Post
A bit of a different topic maybe but if anyone has the time, could they quickly check their Task Manager and see if they have a "ProIntelliMouseNotificationService.exe" running under the 'Details' or 'Services' tab?

I do have an Intellimouse Pro but I don't ever remember actually installing it or using it since doing a fresh Windows install a while back. Then again, maybe I did plug it in and just don't remember. Was wondering if they suddenly started including this driver by default in Windows? It's an .exe that resides in the System32 folder.
I have it, but i disabled it ages ago
And i also use a pro intellimouse
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 01:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by J Doe View Post
The problem is that with the mouse's 'keyboard' on the bottom of the list Razer Synapse won't detect my mouse. I need it for mouse mat calibration.
Razer Synapse in any form, whether it be 2 or 3, completely gimps mouse aim feel and should never be installed on a PC lol.

post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 01:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

I don't have it.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Razer Synapse in any form, whether it be 2 or 3, completely gimps mouse aim feel and should never be installed on a PC lol.
Yea, this is a major rookie mistake. If anyone thinks their mouse controls better with something like Synapse or LGS installed, the only reason is because something else in the computer is configured poorly and giving you some type of overshoot or clown cursor, then Synapse or LGS bogs/dulls down cursor response lowering the overshoot where you can aim again.

For example, settings in the BIOS like "PLL Overvoltage" cause massive overshoot for me when set on anything besides disabled/normal/regular. Then if you overclock your CPU while leaving something like PLL on 'Auto', some BIOS will automatically raise PLL overvoltage giving you clown cursor in the process. The BIOS is really the root of most people's problems. Some boards don't even have a single good BIOS release at all, while others will have only one or two that's far better than the other 10.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in