How to clean install a new mouse + 2 Windows USB bugs affecting most people - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How to clean install a new mouse + 2 Windows USB bugs affecting most people

post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 02:56 AM
low IQ

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
Yea, this is a major rookie mistake. If anyone thinks their mouse controls better with something like Synapse or LGS installed, the only reason is because something else in the computer is configured poorly and giving you some type of overshoot or clown cursor, then Synapse or LGS bogs/dulls down cursor response lowering the overshoot where you can aim again.

For example, settings in the BIOS like "PLL Overvoltage" cause massive overshoot for me when set on anything besides disabled/normal/regular. Then if you overclock your CPU while leaving something like PLL on 'Auto', some BIOS will automatically raise PLL overvoltage giving you clown cursor in the process. The BIOS is really the root of most people's problems. Some boards don't even have a single good BIOS release at all, while others will have only one or two that's far better than the other 10.
Are you 100% certain you're not permanently undershooting due to lack of CPU stability instead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
I run stock speed with turbo boost turned off and don't have undershoot or overshoot. Overclocking the ASUS boards I use forces turbo boost on, which is laggier to have on than off. So you're screwing yourself overclocking on these.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 04:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yea, this is a major rookie mistake. If anyone thinks their mouse controls better with something like Synapse or LGS installed, the only reason is because something else in the computer is configured poorly and giving you some type of overshoot or clown cursor, then Synapse or LGS bogs/dulls down cursor response lowering the overshoot where you can aim again.
I can't aim with my Razer Deathadder V2 Mini without Synapse mouse mat calibration. Crosshair just floats around position where I want it to be so I have to constantly correct my aim. I had the same problem with many other mice and never could find a solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 05:32 AM
Mehehe!

Rep: 87 (Unique: 51)
Quote: Originally Posted by gunit2004 View Post
Razer Synapse in any form, whether it be 2 or 3, completely gimps mouse aim feel and should never be installed on a PC lol.
It doesn't on the newer mice. Older 3G and 3.5G Razer mice should stay away from it however. Unless there are new issues, but no issues on my Viper here, only on the older 3G/3.5G Deathadders.

post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 05:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by schizobeyondpil View Post
Dont buy Razer next time, literally red bull of gaming mice
But I aim the best with Razer Deathadder V2 Mini. It is bad on default settings but with mouse mat surface calibration in Synapse 3 mouse works almost flawlessly. I tried a lot of different mice including Logitech G Pro, G305, G603, G-Wolvess Skoll, Cooler Master MM710 and all of them gave me the same 'floaty' feeling with no way to fix it. I even started to believe that it is normal.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 05:53 AM
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱

Rep: 165 (Unique: 128)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
no, this solves clown cursors.

swamp cursor is clearly the EMI,EMF, RFI, BMW, & CIA in people's water pipes.

reminds me, we fired this T1 guy that commonly made the mistake of deleting the ENTIRE category in device manager. The last straw was him bricking a remote new hire's laptop on day one.

yay I has no grays! at least not in device manager and i never removed them previously.

quite interesting how one windows install behaves differently from another.

wonder if the glowies are messing with r0ach

nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴ
█▀█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ▀█▀

post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J Doe View Post
But I aim the best with Razer Deathadder V2 Mini. It is bad on default settings but with mouse mat surface calibration in Synapse 3 mouse works almost flawlessly. I tried a lot of different mice including Logitech G Pro, G305, G603, G-Wolvess Skoll, Cooler Master MM710 and all of them gave me the same 'floaty' feeling with no way to fix it. I even started to believe that it is normal.
There's absolutely no reason you should aim well with that sensor because it's a weak sensor with Razer's bad '1 mouse 2 keyboard' emulation Synapse firmware on top of that. I would say you should start with a better control variable by having a mouse that's known to have a non-gimped sensor and firmware, then you can use that to determine if other stuff on your PC is configured poorly. Like if you can't play at all with a Logitech G403 with 3366, G403 Hero 16k, G Pro Wired Hero 16k, or something like that, it's not the mouse, it's something else about your computer.

Those shapes above will not be for everyone, but they'll at least allow you to discern if the mouse and the sensor is the problem or something else on the PC. I'm not a fan of the G403 shape, but the mouse tracks well when I plug it in. If I plug in a Viper Mini, the sensor controls terrible in comparison. So if you play the best with a Razer 3359, something is very whack about your PC.

post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 10:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Logitech G Pro with 3366 sensor was the worst mouse I ever tried. Absolutely unusable. I couldn't control crosshair with it all, it just lived it's own life. G305 with Hero sensor is much better in this regard but still not very good. The second best mouse after Razer Deathadder V2 Mini for me is Glorious Model O with 3mm LOD settings.
I don't want to bother with buying new mice anymore. Razer Deathadder V2 Mini is getting me kills in CSGO and it's all I want from mouse.

Last edited by J Doe; 07-03-2020 at 10:37 PM.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J Doe View Post
Logitech G Pro with 3366 sensor was the worst mouse I ever tried. Absolutely unusable. I couldn't control crosshair with it all, it just lived it's own life. G305 with Hero sensor is much better in this regard but still not very good. The second best mouse after Razer Deathadder V2 Mini for me is Glorious Model O with 3mm LOD settings.
Because anytime you load the software for any of these mice it gives you a completely non-deterministic result each time. Sometimes cursor movement will be faster and more responsive, sometimes slower. And it will never feel identical to how it did straight from the factory before you exposed it to the software. Makes no sense but that's the way it is.

You've loaded up the software with all of these mice which caused some of them to feel completely different to how they're supposed to. Sometimes you can get lucky and your uploaded settings to the mouse turn out good, other times they feel terrible, but generally never exactly identical to how it was from the factory.

But in my example above, I also said G403 with the 3366, not the G Pro with 3366. I've owned both and for some reason the G Pro 3366 was WAY slower and unresponsive compared to Logitech's normal 3366's. The G Pro Hero 16k is insanely better than the G Pro 3366.

Last edited by r0ach; 07-03-2020 at 11:01 PM.
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 05:26 AM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 43 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
I'm at odds with this. It did change the dpi where now I need more then I had before. However, movement is natural in MW2019. Am I aiming better? Still testing this. But I'm pretty happy with my aim having changed nothing in the game settings for the mouse.
Reinstalling a mouse changes cpi? No sorry. That's not how mice work lol.
If in doubt for whatever "reason", just measure cpi with mousetester and you will realize that that's not the case.
(and please don't trick yourself into mistaking human error for actual differences and picking out the results that validate your placebo)

I run stock speed with turbo boost turned off and don't have undershoot or overshoot. Overclocking the ASUS boards I use forces turbo boost on, which is laggier to have on than off. So you're screwing yourself overclocking on these.
Turbo boost is necessary for all clocks above standard, on ALL board, since like.. sandy bridge? Earlier probably?
It's just a thing that says on, it doesn't involve dynamic clock changes.
r0ach confirmed troll 100%

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in