How to clean install a new mouse + 2 Windows USB bugs affecting most people - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How to clean install a new mouse + 2 Windows USB bugs affecting most people

post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 08:10 AM
low IQ

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetLow View Post
Use DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES, Roach!
or https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/device_manager_view.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 09:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I have several mice plugged in at once via usb hubs and swap them out often and my aim has never felt better!
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 07:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
no, this solves clown cursors.

swamp cursor is clearly the EMI,EMF, RFI, BMW, & CIA in people's water pipes.

reminds me, we fired this T1 guy that commonly made the mistake of deleting the ENTIRE category in device manager. The last straw was him bricking a remote new hire's laptop on day one.

yay I has no grays! at least not in device manager and i never removed them previously.

quite interesting how one windows install behaves differently from another.
DO THOSE GLOWING SOBS FOLLOW YOU AT NIGHT TOO!? (lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 12:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Original Hyper X Pulsefire does not register the mouse as a keyboard they did it correctly. I remember looking at device manager and was awestruck how little device drives it would register. It was just the mouse registered and that is all, maybe r0ach should try that mouse out.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 07:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

It really is simple

Quote: Originally Posted by schizobeyondpil View Post
actually they are because windows I/O device/driver manager probably holds a lock not sending two different devices requests to same physical port/location simultaneously. and its clearly easy to notice if windows wants to poll the keyboard its going to go pick the first one first which will cause it to lock the mouse poll(same port/location), affecting the cursor/mice poll until the lock is returned.

not so hard is it?
This make so much sense. I have a razer viper ultimate. My systems is Ryzen 7 3700x and a MSI 2070 super. While playing say I'm in a multiplayer lobby and not touching anything I'll get 150 fps. As soon as I touch the mouse and move it around my fps will drop down to like 110. My cpu time also will go up from 4ms to 9-10ms. I figured it was a polling rate issue as I had mine set to 1000. so I figured go into synapse and try changing it to 250 and see if that fixes it. Well no razer and all their glory only offer 125 500 and 1000. But changing it even down to 125 didn't change the cpu time going up or the fps drop. But from what you stated here this makes a lot of sense. I have to redownload the game completely but I'm going to try this in alittle while and se if it works and will report. Thank you for this post. I love the razer viper ultimate but god damn razer completly ruins it. It's just like Windows. My last gaming pc before I just built my ryzen was an athlon 760k oc to 4.8ghz and asus dual rx580 8gb. I had to modify windows so much to minimize any and all background services and process running. I was down to like 63 process, a gig of ram usage on boot. Literally no microsoft apps. no store, no updates, no defender. It was like running windows 95. No bloat, no suggestions, no pop ups. It was a beautiful thing. I honestly woudn't have built a new pc if I didn't game. It really is such a shame Microsoft sabotoges their own product. I really wish they made a sheep version and an ethusiast version.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
Quote: Originally Posted by PomeMade View Post
Original Hyper X Pulsefire does not register the mouse as a keyboard they did it correctly

I find that very hard to believe as I haven't seen a single mouse that identifies itself only as "1 mouse" and not "1 mouse 1 keyboard" since the Avago 3090 sensor. What do you mean by "original HyperX Pulsefire"? They use that name for like every mouse they release. There's a HyperX Pulsefire Core, HyperX Pulsefire Surge, etc.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 11:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
Because anytime you load the software for any of these mice it gives you a completely non-deterministic result each time. Sometimes cursor movement will be faster and more responsive, sometimes slower. And it will never feel identical to how it did straight from the factory before you exposed it to the software. Makes no sense but that's the way it is.

You've loaded up the software with all of these mice which caused some of them to feel completely different to how they're supposed to. Sometimes you can get lucky and your uploaded settings to the mouse turn out good, other times they feel terrible, but generally never exactly identical to how it was from the factory.

But in my example above, I also said G403 with the 3366, not the G Pro with 3366. I've owned both and for some reason the G Pro 3366 was WAY slower and unresponsive compared to Logitech's normal 3366's. The G Pro Hero 16k is insanely better than the G Pro 3366.
So does that mean after installing razer synapse on my new razer viper mouse cursor feeling would never be the same again even after uninstalling synapse and installing new windows? Though razer viper does not have on-board memory so I dont think LOD changes will be permanent.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 04:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by SamSqautch84 View Post
This make so much sense. I have a razer viper ultimate. My systems is Ryzen 7 3700x and a MSI 2070 super. While playing say I'm in a multiplayer lobby and not touching anything I'll get 150 fps. As soon as I touch the mouse and move it around my fps will drop down to like 110. My cpu time also will go up from 4ms to 9-10ms. I figured it was a polling rate issue as I had mine set to 1000. so I figured go into synapse and try changing it to 250 and see if that fixes it. Well no razer and all their glory only offer 125 500 and 1000. But changing it even down to 125 didn't change the cpu time going up or the fps drop. But from what you stated here this makes a lot of sense. I have to redownload the game completely but I'm going to try this in alittle while and se if it works and will report. Thank you for this post. I love the razer viper ultimate but god damn razer completly ruins it. It's just like Windows. My last gaming pc before I just built my ryzen was an athlon 760k oc to 4.8ghz and asus dual rx580 8gb. I had to modify windows so much to minimize any and all background services and process running. I was down to like 63 process, a gig of ram usage on boot. Literally no microsoft apps. no store, no updates, no defender. It was like running windows 95. No bloat, no suggestions, no pop ups. It was a beautiful thing. I honestly woudn't have built a new pc if I didn't game. It really is such a shame Microsoft sabotoges their own product. I really wish they made a sheep version and an ethusiast version.
you missed the word "probably" in the beginning of the meaningless paragraph to which you were responding. but even then, it wouldn't explain your case even in slightest

Roach's declowning guide to the galaxy https://i.imgur.com/iz6WDUl.jpg
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 06:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 20)
One consideration worth checking is what the device instance path is in both situations, I assume the device manager tree is sorting on some attribute. Also does device manager reflect the same order as in regedit?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in