The only non-paid shill post mouse roundup on the entire internet 2020 edition - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The only non-paid shill post mouse roundup on the entire internet 2020 edition

post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 04:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I had all the mice you mini-reviewed and can agree with most things. Cant say much about the sensors as i am not that sensitive to differences and i usually still play on 500Hz anyway because i just got used to it over so many years.

I main my Kone Pure Ultra now after waiting for a proper replacement for my IO 1.1a for so long (i gave up). Really like the KPUs weird shape, cant even say why...i just happen to like it even tho its not super comfortable. Hopefully they will release a wireless version at some point.

PewPew Rig
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
GPU
RTX™ 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G
RAM
G.SKill Trident Z Neo
Hard Drive
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro
Power Supply
be quite! Straight Power 11
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Dark Base Pro 900
Monitor
ViewSonic ELITE XG270QG
Mouse
Roccat Kone Pure Ultra
Mousepad
ZOWIE G-SR- SE Deep Blue
Audio
Creative Soundblaster AE5
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 04:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I have the Hero sensor in both, MX518 (set to 850 DPI) and G Pro (set to 800 DPI) and both feel "delayed" compared to the Model O. I'm using the MX518 because I prefer the shape, but I prefer much more the track feeling of Model O.

Both hero sensors feel like they are somewhat delayed, behind my movement, not real time. They track perfectly, the movement is consistent, but feels behind. Model O feels real time with my movement.

I tried to buy and old stock G Pro 3360 because I wanted to compare but ended receiving this Hero unit. I don't like the sensor at all. I had the original G403 and the G303 and both felt amazing so I'm blaming the Hero sensor.
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 04:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 47)
Quote: Originally Posted by mefxes View Post
I have the Hero sensor in both, MX518 (set to 850 DPI) and G Pro (set to 800 DPI) and both feel "delayed" compared to the Model O. I'm using the MX518 because I prefer the shape, but I prefer much more the track feeling of Model O.

Both hero sensors feel like they are somewhat delayed, behind my movement, not real time. They track perfectly, the movement is consistent, but feels behind. Model O feels real time with my movement.

I tried to buy and old stock G Pro 3360 because I wanted to compare but ended receiving this Hero unit. I don't like the sensor at all. I had the original G403 and the G303 and both felt amazing so I'm blaming the Hero sensor.
Some mighty PEBKAC there.

MX518 Legendary
Nixeus Revel
Logitech G603 (91g)

Allsop Raindrop XL
Razer Goliathus Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 05:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by SmashTV View Post
Some mighty PEBKAC there.
I'm just sharing my feeling and impressions.

If matters, feeling and impressions from someone who were into high level competitions in counter-strike, plays fps games for more than 20 years and had almost every decent mice ever made.

If I could change the hero in my MX518 to a 3360 I would do immediately. My experience with 3360 sensor was always amazing, while Hero feels behind in both mice I have with it.

And I can see other people sharing concerns about the hero sensor.

Maybe you lack what's needed in perception to notice. Most people do. Lack perception.

But thanks anyway for your amazing addition.
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 07:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm just sharing my feeling and impressions.

If matters, feeling and impressions from someone who were into high level competitions in counter-strike, plays fps games for more than 20 years and had almost every decent mice ever made.

If I could change the hero in my MX518 to a 3360 I would do immediately. My experience with 3360 sensor was always amazing, while Hero feels behind in both mice I have with it.

And I can see other people sharing concerns about the hero sensor.

Maybe you lack what's needed in perception to notice. Most people do. Lack perception.

But thanks anyway for your amazing addition.
I don't need to toot personal accomplishments to try and solidify feelz. I've been high level competing since ye olde Doom and SF2 days, but it has no bearings on whether or not my feelings correlate to sensor performance.

If you are so sure, and it so apparent with such ease, then you can showcase it. Be a pioneer and show off that perception (or lack thereof).

Otherwise, PEBCAK.

MX518 Legendary
Nixeus Revel
Logitech G603 (91g)

Allsop Raindrop XL
Razer Goliathus Speed
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 07:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

I don't need to toot personal accomplishments to try and solidify feelz. I've been high level competing since ye olde Doom and SF2 days, but it has no bearings on whether or not my feelings correlate to sensor performance.

If you are so sure, and it so apparent with such ease, then you can showcase it. Be a pioneer and show off that perception (or lack thereof).

Otherwise, PEBCAK.
You remember me the old days when ppl were always getting mad when I was always saying how bad the 60hz LCDs were and why I kept my 160hz CRT for years. Mobs of crazy ppl into immediate 5 years old mode doing whatever to defend their toy against the evil man saying bad things. Ppl really get personal, it's crazy and sad at the same time.

And look at we are now.

Perception is a curse, my man. People with mediocre perception are much easier satisfied. And will deny crazily anyone who doesn't share their lack of perception.

One doesn't need much to see clearly I'm not alone with my perception to cause the funny 5 yo rage to defend a mouse sensor. The OP #2 stands by the lack os consistency of the Hero sensor clearly. Another user stated a bad feeling about the sensor too. And this one single thread with 3 pages. I can find TONS of ppl saying the same over and over again.

So don't be sad or rage if you can't notice. Be happy. You're much happier than ppl who can notice these variances.

Edit to add something I just remembered. Years ago when 3360 Logitech line was lauched, I was used to the original MX519 and the G9X, mice with outrageously higher LODs than these new models. In another forum where young ppl think they knew everything, the untouchable truth is that the lower the LOD the better. And while it may be true due to movement economy, it may not be due to how human beings work. I was there saying the new LODs were an amazing achievement but some people could or would never be used to LODs so low. Here the OP speaks about the extremely low LOD and how annoing it can in fact be. I have a video review posted on youtube where people complain about the same. But in that forum they banned me just because their truth shouldn't be touched and "the lower the lod the better".

People need to grow up and accept other people can and should have different perceptions and therefore diff opinions.

Last edited by mefxes; 07-07-2020 at 08:42 PM.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 09:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

You remember me the old days when ppl were always getting mad when I was always saying how bad the 60hz LCDs were and why I kept my 160hz CRT for years. Mobs of crazy ppl into immediate 5 years old mode doing whatever to defend their toy against the evil man saying bad things. Ppl really get personal, it's crazy and sad at the same time.

And look at we are now.

Perception is a curse, my man. People with mediocre perception are much easier satisfied. And will deny crazily anyone who doesn't share their lack of perception.

One doesn't need much to see clearly I'm not alone with my perception to cause the funny 5 yo rage to defend a mouse sensor. The OP #2 stands by the lack os consistency of the Hero sensor clearly. Another user stated a bad feeling about the sensor too. And this one single thread with 3 pages. I can find TONS of ppl saying the same over and over again.

So don't be sad or rage if you can't notice. Be happy. You're much happier than ppl who can notice these variances.

Edit to add something I just remembered. Years ago when 3360 Logitech line was lauched, I was used to the original MX519 and the G9X, mice with outrageously higher LODs than these new models. In another forum where young ppl think they knew everything, the untouchable truth is that the lower the LOD the better. And while it may be true due to movement economy, it may not be due to how human beings work. I was there saying the new LODs were an amazing achievement but some people could or would never be used to LODs so low. Here the OP speaks about the extremely low LOD and how annoing it can in fact be. I have a video review posted on youtube where people complain about the same. But in that forum they banned me just because their truth shouldn't be touched and "the lower the lod the better".

People need to grow up and accept other people can and should have different perceptions and therefore diff opinions.
It's funny you mention crazy denial, when I'm completely open to something more substantial than feelz, and yet you clutch to it. It's some strange poetic humor... maybe one day you'll follow up on it. After all, some things just start out as a feeling. Until then, I'll put this in the loony bin.

I think the perception here is totally accurate with PEBCAK - especially with that empty, self-centered response. Yeesh.
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 10:41 PM
OG AMD

Rep: 600 (Unique: 465)
It's funny you mention crazy denial, when I'm completely open to something more substantial than feelz, and yet you clutch to it. It's some strange poetic humor... maybe one day you'll follow up on it. After all, some things just start out as a feeling. Until then, I'll put this in the loony bin.

I think the perception here is totally accurate with PEBCAK - especially with that empty, self-centered response. Yeesh.

Careful there, some might say the same about your responses.

Anyways....to each his own. I'm no competitive gamer but I've been gaming since before the PC. I use a $25 Asian mouse that works perfectly for me, at least until I break the switches. Happens to every mouse I ever used after about a year. Reason I use cheap mice is because the internet adds more variance than any hardware, so I don't feel the difference that often. I do feel the difference between 50 ping and 70 ping immediately.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/4d8m5e-6.png
https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/bs72bx-6.png
AMD Athlon II 450 @4.74GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2204588
AMD MaxxMemm Rankings
960T @ 4.6GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2171450
RedwoodCustomPC
AM4
(6 items)
Redwoodz
(10 items)
Professional
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
ASRock X470 Taichi
GPU
MSI RX570 Armor MKII 8GB
RAM
GSKill Trident Z D-die
RAM
TeamGroup Excalibur
Power Supply
GSKill Ripjaws PS850G
CPU
AMD FX Vishera 8350
Motherboard
ASRock Extreme 9 990FX
GPU
HIS X 7970 IceQ
RAM
Gskill Trident
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-760XP
Cooling
TT Water 2.0
Monitor
Samsung Series 9 27"
Keyboard
Mionix Zibal
Mouse
Mionix 5000
CPU
Phenom II X6 1100t
Motherboard
MSI 890FX GD65
GPU
MSI Radeon HD5670
RAM
GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB SATA III
Optical Drive
Samsung BD
Power Supply
Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w
Cooling
Zalman 9900MAX
Case
Fractal Design R3
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Professional
Monitor
AOC 22" LED
Keyboard
Logitech
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB
▲ hide details ▲

post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 12:11 AM
low IQ

Rep: 0

Have you tried any 3389 sensor or Razer's 3399? I'm looking for a new mouse and I'm not sure what to get. I can't use any mice with holes due to hyperhydrosis.
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 01:52 AM
mfw

Rep: 521 (Unique: 240)
To be fair, I've tried both the Hero 16K and the 3360, and they feel different to me. I can't say why they do, mostly because both sensors perform similarly excellently in any objective test performed by seasoned reviewers. However, I'll take vanilla 3360 if there's a choice.

It might have been a case of Logitech's automatic calibration doing weird things to tracking, which might not be the normal behavior. That being the case, though, why take a chance when the rock-solid 3360 does the job just as well with no such idiosyncrasies? Besides, I like having access to LoD settings.

This is a non-issue when the mouse you like either has one sensor or the other, obviously.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Model O- Glossy
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in