Zowie FK-B and ZA-B refresh now listed on their website. - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Zowie FK-B and ZA-B refresh now listed on their website.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 11:22 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 179 (Unique: 93)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
It's tried and true. And, if I'm not mistaken, the 3360 is more surface friendly than the 3389.

Agreed.

The 3360 can take any aspect it encounters whilst the 3389, is quite choosy about it's surface.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:46 PM
Low IQ User

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Is the scrollwheel still the same and are the sidebuttons (especially ec series) still the same? Is it possible to change the wheel itself?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 04:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 21)

Click structure has been improved and clicks should be noticeably lighter. What I hoped most for the ZA13 refresh.

ZA13 click resistance: 55g, ZA13-B: 45g.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 02:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
Quote: Originally Posted by ncck View Post
they still have a higher actuation force than most new mice but that's ok
That's not okay. It's why you've never seen any MOBA player on the planet use a Zowie mouse.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post
Literally hate every single mouse that is under 80g, and I own most of them (model o-, viper, viper mini, mm710, xtrfy m4)
The main problem with the Model O- for me is that the LOD is too low and changing it in the driver just makes tracking worse. They somehow gimped their firmware to not work right because other mice like the Sensei 310 with 3360 don't have this bizarre LOD issue and track better. Try placing the Model O- on a white paper towel (makes LOD higher).

The feeling of the tracking is WAY better than on a black mouse pad. I think the mouse might actually be usable with a white mouse pad, but I don't have one. You can tell the tracking is clearly gimped on a black surface.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 11:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
I did use a Zowie Za-12 old version to play MOBA game Dota 2 and it had doubleclick after several months lol. Zowie switches are not as great as other brands and I feel a little pressure when click it maybe better than China Omrons but nowhere as needing force as True Japan Omrons like Ducky one. After got my Zowie repaired doubleblick with warranty I am no interested in using any Zowie mices anymore. However Zowie mice have better shell quality than Logitech mice but still oily, sticky, slippery after heavily using. Even Logitech G403 is more accurate than any old Zowie series in sensor comparison (mouse test on someone's youtube) and maybe Zowie has improved the sensor tracking in newer versions.

To me now quality mice must have quality shells, great quality sensor, buttons, layer boards, shape the last thing might consider because I can adapt to shape after several weeks using them.

However after using Realforce mouse I think it's the superior version to any Zowie-EC series. Both share similar shape, but Realforce is no doubt better in any categories.

Buying more mices and spending more time on them to find out which one is your true mouse is really an infinite task so please do not give up. Consider it is as an Audiophile hobby so there is no true end-game. No mouse is perfect.

Last edited by LoveKnight; 08-04-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in