I just bought Razer viper - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

I just bought Razer viper

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 11:54 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 33 (Unique: 23)

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by cdcd View Post
Thank you for summoning him
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 01:30 AM
mfw

Rep: 521 (Unique: 240)
He's not here yet. Is there a chant we should be doing or something?

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Model O Glossy White v2.0
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 01:52 AM
FOCAL ARIA FTW

Rep: 362 (Unique: 282)
I cannot live without Synapse!
My Basi Ultimate is so kinky when controlled by Synapse.
Heck all my Razer products are like that.

FLOOR STANDING SYSTEM: FOCAL ARIA 948 WITH NAD C388 & NAD C568 & REGA PLANAR 3 / HOME CINEMA : YAMAHA AVENTAGE RX-A860
DESKTOP AUDIO: DENON AHD-2000/5000 -MARK LAWTON & DENON AHD-9200 WITH PIZZA STACK / TOPPING A50 HiFi BALANCED HEADPHONE AMP & D50S HI-RES DAC & P50 REGULATED LINEAR PSU

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 07:46 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 48 (Unique: 38)
C'mon guys, I know the OP is being silly but he's also being jerked around.

@HishGamer
First off, be patient. Members here have seen threads about such questions pop up many times, so not everyone's keen to act as technical support. Once you make a thread, be patient. Give it enough time before bumping the same thread.
Your posts are also very low effort. You don't tell anything about whether you are facing some issue or you're just going by what someone posted on the internet. No other info about usage or computer either.

Secondly, don't listen to what r0ach says. He is loud and active enough to get his statements noticed, but almost none of his claims have any substance to them. Just because his claims tickle your OCD doesn't mean any of it is right.

Now for your Synapse issue: I don't have enough experience with Synapse v3, but with v1 and v2 it was pretty clear that installing it and/or changing DPI levels through it will change how your sensor feels. It was obvious enough for a lot of people to notice it. It was like the sensor would be laggy or floaty.
Did it affect accuracy/precision? Don't know.
What exactly did it change? Don't know, and hard to know.
Could it be reversed? 99% of the time No.

But I am talking about a significant change here, I don't know if your question is about an actual change or if you're just being concerned about some hypothesis.

The only thing to do with v1/v2 was to never install Synapse and live with the factory settings. This is not possible for everybody, especially since the mice affected also did not have 'true' onboard memory (they only saved 1-2 settings without Synapse). And we have so many great options now, I don't see a reason why Razer has to be among priority suggestions. This whole cloud-based mouse software trend is bull**** anyway.

With Synapse v3, I don't think it's as much of an issue, or the effect's significance has reduced, or people don't care. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if it did affect some users, even if the issue was fixed for the majority. If you don't feel a noticeable difference and can play fine with it, then just apply your settings and uninstall if possible.
If you do notice a difference in tracking/feel, I would suggest returning your mouse for another new unit, wiping Synapse completely from your PC, then using the mouse with factory settings. If you really want it, maybe install Synapse on a different computer and configure your mouse there, then use the mouse on your main PC and see if it helps. If it's not saving some/all of your settings on the mouse, well, don't say I didn't tell you. Gotta deal with it or get a different mouse.

I don't like how other brands like Logitech and SteelSeries also have cloud-based mouse software now. Sure, maybe it doesn't **** with the sensor anymore but I have read how the software itself can be finicky sometimes. What need is there for it to be cloud-based anyway? What is this over-engineering for?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 07:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 49)
Quote: Originally Posted by kornedbeefy View Post
I have the viper mini and just opened my task manager. Razer has over a dozen processes running which I consider bloatware like fpsrunner.exe. Anyone know how to install just the mouse drivers?
As said you can use the default Windows drivers but beware if using W10, you might find Windows Update tries to force install Razer software. :/

Quote: Originally Posted by HishGamer View Post
Do you think razer synapse missed up any of my razer viper "Factory settings"
Don't know but some of their mice support reset to factory defaults either through Synapse :/ or some special combo like holding down the LMB, RMB and scroll wheel button for 5 seconds. Not something I've looked at so cannot give a definitive answer, sorry.

Last edited by ucode; 07-23-2020 at 07:43 PM.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 07:16 PM
OCN is bad civilization

Rep: 122 (Unique: 91)
I think LMB+RMB was a combo for surface calibration reset.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 07:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 49)
^^^Could well be @Melan , just something I vaguely remember, probably incorrectly. May not even do that on some mice.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 09:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
At least from the feels, I've seen reports of mouse pad calibrations being "reset" when Synapse is not open. Not sure if it really is though.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by kurtextrem View Post
At least from the feels, I've seen reports of mouse pad calibrations being "reset" when Synapse is not open. Not sure if it really is though.
What do you mean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in