G Pro Wireless - excessive power saving - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

G Pro Wireless - excessive power saving

Closed Thread

post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 09:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Do you use the mouse in wireless mode only? Ever tried using it while wired to see if it exhibits the same behavior you are observing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 09:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Brainlet View Post
CPUs are an entirely different ballpark to a simple sensor and mouse firmware. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Also, as I already said, if you disable all the power saving features even modern CPUs will consume a LOT of power in idle.
They're really not THAT different... both are semiconductors and benefit from fabrication node improvements, microcode and instruction sets (image processing algorithms in sensors), number of transistors (CMOS array size and pixel density in sensors). "Simple" doesn't mean it can't have scalable efficiency improvements. It's the same sort of efficiency improvement curves for ASICs, DSPs, modems, Hardware encoders etc.

Power saving features on CPUs are equivalent to downshift feature on mouse sensors. Not directly related to the fundamental efficiency of the silicon. You can disable it, but it wouldn't change the fact that when active, a modern 35W TDP Ryzen would only need maybe 10W to do the same amount of work done by an 8100FX at 100W, and it wouldn't "do it worse".

Last edited by Razer_TheFiend; 07-22-2020 at 09:33 PM.
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 09:31 PM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 202 (Unique: 134)
And I'm the one being rude? Ok buddy.
I never accused you of being rude, only of using insults to try to dismiss the opinions of anyone who disagreed with you.

Quote: Originally Posted by MaxTendency View Post
The entire, "If you cant measure it, it doesn't exist" is not productive either.
But what do you use to evaluate claims then? Are we just going with; well this guy on the web said it and it makes sense to me so it must be true?

No one knows what is happening in the firmware, people simply latch on to an explanation that makes sense to them and assume it is true. They then get mad when other people do not believe them and say so. They might be right but I haven't seen or experienced enough evidence to believe them, yet, and I feel justified in pointing out when I feel skeptical about a claim made in a public forum.

I am not saying it doesn't exist, just that I don't have enough evidence to believe your claim that it does.

"Soldering resistors onto your video card to bypass the manufacturers over current protection kind-of sort-of absolute-definitely voids your warranty"
Desktop
(17 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3950X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero
GPU
Nvidia 2080 Ti
RAM
32GB DDR4 3600
Hard Drive
Intel 900P
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Optical Drive
Asus BW-16D1HT
Power Supply
Seasonic 1200W
Cooling
EK Velocity + EK GPU Block
Case
Old Marble Slab
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG C9 55"
Keyboard
Wooting two
Mouse
Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Mousepad
Logitech G PowerPlay
Audio
Arctis Pro Wireless
Other
Mellanox 40GbE
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 10:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 47)
Do you realize how ridiculuous you sound saying that with a literal logitech avatar? Fanboys...
The opposite. If anything, people with high input lag can't notice it since the impact relative to their total input lag isn't big enough.
It's not isolated on this system as I already stated multiple times.
It is nearly confirmed, to the tune of 99.9%, your setup is so incredibly laggy that the (great) mouse doesn't feel right even with low speed movements on your swampy PC.

I can tell from here dude. No need to confirm or thank me.
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 10:47 PM
Long Time Lurker

Rep: 59 (Unique: 47)
I'm more curious about these specific "system optimizations" OP is referring to. Would love to hear!

SHODAN
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus B450M
GPU
ASUS Turbo GTX 1070 @ ~2GHz
RAM
16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4 @ 3000 15-15-15-35
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB
Hard Drive
PNY CS1111 240GB SSD
Hard Drive
WD Blue 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair CX550
Case
Coolermaster NR400
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Keyboard
Corsair K63 Red
Mouse
Corsair Glaive
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Chandlermaki; 07-22-2020 at 10:54 PM.
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 01:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
This man needs r0ach to save him
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 06:08 AM
mfw

Rep: 521 (Unique: 240)
He mad.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Model O- Glossy
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 08:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
He mad.
Quote: Originally Posted by AuraDesruu View Post
This man needs r0ach to save him
Quote: Originally Posted by SmashTV View Post
It is nearly confirmed, to the tune of 99.9%, your setup is so incredibly laggy that the (great) mouse doesn't feel right even with low speed movements on your swampy PC.

I can tell from here dude. No need to confirm or thank me.

Why are people trolling like this?

And on the 3rd quote , OP already addressed this but let me make it easier. The difference between 1ms and 2ms is night and day, but 40ms vs 41ms is barely noticeable. You're accusing OP of lagging when you cannot notice your mouse dipping to 500hz 100 times a second.

OP asked 2 questions,

1. If someone knows how to mod the firmware to disable all power savings. (Which I'm interested in knowing as well)

2. If someone on a properly optimized setup (Power saving disabled in bios, preferably with a custom bios since stock bios hides ALOT of these settings, w7, 240hz or+ monitor etc etc etc) who owns both GPW and VU can confirm if VU has same behaviors or not.

If you're not going to answer these questions then don't post. Also for the people asking OP to prove his claims, do you really think you're worth so much that OP should spend thousands of dollars on a high fps camera just to prove something to you so you can give him nothing in return?

Also I already pointed out (WITH PROOF) how logiscam mice cannot even maintain a stable 1k hz polling (even their wired ones). If you did not notice your mouse dipping to 500hz 100 times a second then you shouldn't worry about what OP is talking about since you wont notice it on your w10 install with 100 layers of powersaving in bios anyways.
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 10:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MaxTendency View Post
Why are people trolling like this?

And on the 3rd quote , OP already addressed this but let me make it easier. The difference between 1ms and 2ms is night and day, but 40ms vs 41ms is barely noticeable. You're accusing OP of lagging when you cannot notice your mouse dipping to 500hz 100 times a second.

OP asked 2 questions,

1. If someone knows how to mod the firmware to disable all power savings. (Which I'm interested in knowing as well)

2. If someone on a properly optimized setup (Power saving disabled in bios, preferably with a custom bios since stock bios hides ALOT of these settings, w7, 240hz or+ monitor etc etc etc) who owns both GPW and VU can confirm if VU has same behaviors or not.

If you're not going to answer these questions then don't post. Also for the people asking OP to prove his claims, do you really think you're worth so much that OP should spend thousands of dollars on a high fps camera just to prove something to you so you can give him nothing in return?

Also I already pointed out (WITH PROOF) how logiscam mice cannot even maintain a stable 1k hz polling (even their wired ones). If you did not notice your mouse dipping to 500hz 100 times a second then you shouldn't worry about what OP is talking about since you wont notice it on your w10 install with 100 layers of powersaving in bios anyways.
Insulting people on these forums is not a way of convincing anyone of anything. R0ach can say he feels performance lost but at least he won't go around insulting people for disagreeing with him. If OP believes that there is an actual issue with the mouse, then he should have evidence to prove his claim. If he has evidence, how can any of us deny that its wrong and he's bull?
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 10:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by schizobeyondpil View Post
if you have evidence to prove his claim is wrong, why dont u post it instead of asking him to post it and running circles with things like "it works great" ???
Shouldn't OP go through the scientific process to prove to himself that Logitech's power-saving is flawed b4 asking solutions?
Nonetheless, I don't understand how this is an issue as of now because the mouse was released back in 2018. How are you people now just "finding out" this problem.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in