G Pro Wireless - excessive power saving - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

G Pro Wireless - excessive power saving

Closed Thread

post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 08:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 51)
I haven't seen anything in this thread that looks like power savings or attempted power savings, not sure what you're referring to.

I had GHUB installed for a short period of time in the past. I have also installed and uninstalled LGS and various versions of Synapse on this system. I currently have none of the above installed at the moment because I prefer to run without any software.

GProW, GPRO 3366, G305, G203 are all made in China.

When testing mice I only have one connected to the PC at a time. The only other USB device connected is a 1000Hz Keyboard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 12:18 AM

Quote: Originally Posted by HappyAlive View Post
Thinking he's lying about 30.6ns because you're atrophied brain can't comprehend it. People have gotten sub 30 so many times, yet apparently 30 is hard to believe.

It's not hard to believe. I see 30ns on hwbot when people are using ln2, a chiller, phase change cooling etc. Unfortunately, Those results don't pass a memtest on ambient. Is there a special place where people post memtest stable on ambient 30ns configurations that you speak of? Cause I don't see them on hwbot, on reddit, on clockem up, on here or on any website at all. If there is, i'd like to check it out to these 30ns configurations that are talked about so much, and i'd also like to see the z390 4x8gb configurations(i mainly care about 4x8gb z390 to be frank). I gotta know the next gym boss to defeat. Or have I already bested everyone out there? Because according to all my research, I have the best 4x8gb z390 ambient memtest stable configuration, number 1. I'd like someone to disprove me if i was wrong. so if there is a special database out there that contains proof of concept, please do share, because i've looked everywhere. I don't care about talky talky, i care about walking the walky.

I'm a real world usage kind of guy. I'm sure you understand what is important to me now and what isn't.

Last edited by XGS-Duplicity; 07-25-2020 at 12:44 AM.
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 02:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
HappyAlive

Quote: Originally Posted by XGS-Duplicity View Post
It's not hard to believe. I see 30ns on hwbot when people are using ln2, a chiller, phase change cooling etc. Unfortunately, Those results don't pass a memtest on ambient. Is there a special place where people post memtest stable on ambient 30ns configurations that you speak of? Cause I don't see them on hwbot, on reddit, on clockem up, on here or on any website at all. If there is, i'd like to check it out to these 30ns configurations that are talked about so much, and i'd also like to see the z390 4x8gb configurations(i mainly care about 4x8gb z390 to be frank). I gotta know the next gym boss to defeat. Or have I already bested everyone out there? Because according to all my research, I have the best 4x8gb z390 ambient memtest stable configuration, number 1. I'd like someone to disprove me if i was wrong. so if there is a special database out there that contains proof of concept, please do share, because i've looked everywhere. I don't care about talky talky, i care about walking the walky.

I'm a real world usage kind of guy. I'm sure you understand what is important to me now and what isn't.
People run sub30ns on ambient, just required 1.6+v bdie. Either way, your concern trolling isn't relevant, since reality isn't subject to individual perception on a non-individualist scale. With proper cooling people can hit sub 28ns, and by "proper cooling" I just mean 2v bdie with a ****ty fan. You're also comparing his hardware to the stock 9/10th gen intel + bdie setup.

Nobody with an inclination towards performance would use 4x8, that's for reddit autists who want to fill out their case with more rgb and people who want to pretend like rending videos for their 20k yt channel requires 3950x. You talk about being "the best", but it's irrelevant. Being the best just means finding some niche specification that nobody competes for, like " 4x8gb z390 ambient memtest stable", which can't even be definied properly since "stable" isn't static. You have accomplished exactly one mediocre feat and your ego has balooned, leading you to believe you have some qualification to talk about a bunch of things you (actually) know nothing about.

That's all pretty small compared to the fact that you honestly think you have a right to be flexing w/ cr2, very funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 02:29 PM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 202 (Unique: 134)
I haven't seen on topic posts. This thread seems to be mostly the true elites mocking the worm cattle about how wrong they are and assuring each other about how elite they are. It is fun at least.

"Soldering resistors onto your video card to bypass the manufacturers over current protection kind-of sort-of absolute-definitely voids your warranty"
Desktop
(17 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3950X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero
GPU
Nvidia 2080 Ti
RAM
32GB DDR4 3600
Hard Drive
Intel 900P
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Optical Drive
Asus BW-16D1HT
Power Supply
Seasonic 1200W
Cooling
EK Velocity + EK GPU Block
Case
Old Marble Slab
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG C9 55"
Keyboard
Wooting two
Mouse
Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Mousepad
Logitech G PowerPlay
Audio
Arctis Pro Wireless
Other
Mellanox 40GbE
▲ hide details ▲

post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 02:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 17)
I do not think people here have the experience to write custom firmware for G Pro W. Although, a person who knows about e.g. C#/.NET marshaling functionality thorough and knows C++ directinput/raw input library so well that they could immediately notice the relevancy on the ported C# code, could possibly do it if they decided to use their time better. Mocking people seems to be more fun for them, though.

I do not remember my unit dipping to 500 Hz, but I have never updated the firmware - maybe it started happening with recent firmwares? Could you try reverting back older firmware versions and see if this behavior is still there?
post #76 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 10:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by schizobeyondpil View Post

except there is a delay between going from adaptive to full mode, or you know, just disabling adaptive polling to save power.

also theres no point in being nice because people dont want to accept the truth, since it hurts their purchase they attached themselves to. you can only reason with someone who wants to accept what u are saying, and wants to change for better.
Really? Can you show me the evidence of that delay? Or how did you notice this?

In my understanding, adaptive mode should be more efficient than full mode. I don't think there needs to be any kind of transition to full mode since adaptive mode can act like a full mode in situations where mouse is continuously registering new data for the polls.

There is a point being nice, to avoid people getting overly defensive and also making life more enjoyable in general for both you and the people you interact with. You shouldn't be too concerned of whether people believe you or not. If you provide the best information that you have or the best arguments you have, that's the most you can do to help people understand, the rest is not in your hands.
post #77 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 11:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by trism View Post
I do not remember my unit dipping to 500 Hz, but I have never updated the firmware - maybe it started happening with recent firmwares? Could you try reverting back older firmware versions and see if this behavior is still there?
I was suspecting the same. However logiscam doesn't let you download specific fw. Only workaround is this :

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview...g303_firmware/

Workaround is to download older LGS and get old fw from there. However even the oldest LGS i could find had the latest fw for g102/203 , so im out of luck there.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in