Mice with Kone Pure Military-style "soft-touch" rubber coating? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mice with Kone Pure Military-style "soft-touch" rubber coating?

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Mice with Kone Pure Military-style "soft-touch" rubber coating?

Can anyone chime in as to which lightweight (80 grams or under), small-to-medium mice that have a similar "soft-touch" rubber(ish) coating such as the one on the Kone Pure Military? I plugged mine back in after a while and was reminded at how good it felt to grip and lift. Of course, the 3310 sensor isn't optimal, and the mouse wheel button on my copy seems to be broken, and takes a lot of force to press down. Although I strangely feel more accurate sniping with it than the Glorious Model O- (something to do with the fact that I disabled LOD control on the KPM?).

I vaguely recall a recent release from either Roccat or Steel Series (or maybe it was Asus?) that mentioned a "soft-touch coating" in its product website. May have been one of the Roccat Kain mice, actually. But "soft-touch" is kind of a vague descriptor, and there's no guarantee it'll have the same grippy characteristics as the KPM, so I'd appreciate some owner feedback.

As a side note, I replaced the stock KPM feet with the Tiger Arc ones, and they feel great.

Last edited by Staticks; 07-22-2020 at 02:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 01:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Roccat Kone Pure Ultra
66g
PMW3389
But I guess a bit different coating ( hybrid anti-wear coating)
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Klopfer View Post
Roccat Kone Pure Ultra
66g
PMW3389
But I guess a bit different coating ( hybrid anti-wear coating)
I was under the impression that the Ultra was just smooth plastic (similar to the Kone Pure Owl-Eye, which I hated and returned after 15 min of use). Or is it different?

I looked at the descriptions for the Kain 120 and Kain 100, and they're both a little heavy at 89 grams unfortunately. But who knows, maybe they'll feel lighter in my hand.

Mouse: Cougar Revenger S | Glorious Model O-
Mousepad: Ktrio Lycra Cloth Pad | Cooler Master MP510 Cordura Pad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 02:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
I didnt tried it , so I cant tell it you
I tried the Kain in a local shop , didnt felt heavy and a nice shape ( for me )
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 02:58 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 47 (Unique: 37)
The matte coated versions of DM1 Pro S and DM1 FPS have what you're looking for.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 01:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Why is the 3310 not optimal? I aim better with my ZA13 than 90% of my other mice (model o-, mm710, razer viper, zowie S2, xtrfy m4, logitech mx518 hero) and I'm about 2350 elo on faceit csgo.

Sure that the other sensors are "better" but the differences is not big enough to justify it over other much more important things, such as size, shape and comfort.

You feeling more accurate has nothing to do with technical side of things, it's all because of how the mouse feels in your hand that gives you better aim.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 10:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 47)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post
Why is the 3310 not optimal? I aim better with my ZA13 than 90% of my other mice (model o-, mm710, razer viper, zowie S2, xtrfy m4, logitech mx518 hero) and I'm about 2350 elo on faceit csgo.

Sure that the other sensors are "better" but the differences is not big enough to justify it over other much more important things, such as size, shape and comfort.

You feeling more accurate has nothing to do with technical side of things, it's all because of how the mouse feels in your hand that gives you better aim.
Only possible explanation is the tilt slam thingy. 3310 is otherwise more than OK.

MX518 Legendary
Nixeus Revel
Logitech G603 (91g)

Allsop Raindrop XL
Razer Goliathus Speed
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I looked over some reviews, and the consensus seems to be that the Kone Pure Ultra's "hybrid surface" is just smooth UV-coated matte plastic, similar to the Kone Pure Owl-Eye. Disappointing. Oh well, the search continues.

Mouse: Cougar Revenger S | Glorious Model O-
Mousepad: Ktrio Lycra Cloth Pad | Cooler Master MP510 Cordura Pad
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 01:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

have any of you have had the possibility or any of you, to try to switch from Ambi and succeeded to only use Ergo i mean non symmetrical, for example kone pure ultra or any of these or similar, just as 1 of all examples. and like it more for most of the time? with the mice that is now and before 50+ years+
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 01:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Staticks View Post
I looked over some reviews, and the consensus seems to be that the Kone Pure Ultra's "hybrid surface" is just smooth UV-coated matte plastic, similar to the Kone Pure Owl-Eye. Disappointing. Oh well, the search continues.
got the XM1 white with the other coating, its much closer that all the rest and more compressed, more than DM1 FPS its not as you may think that one you asked for , but its for sure similar compared to all other mice on the market

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in