Razer viper input latency - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer viper input latency

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Razer viper input latency

I installed a fresh windows 10 copy yesterday, but my issue persists the new viper mouse is feeling laggy or sluggish and not snappy, any ideas what might be causing the issue? Don't mention me anything about r0ach because he is irresponsible. Thanks ^^

[The issue started when I accidentaly exposed the mouse to Razer synapse 3.0]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 AM
low IQ

Send it back and dont buy mice that dont allow you to flash their firmware history on demand.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Brainlet View Post
Send it back and dont buy mice that dont allow you to flash their firmware history on demand.
Could you further explain the latter part of your comment please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 06:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
reinstall windows and dont install synapse. ez
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 03:46 AM
low IQ

Quote: Originally Posted by HishGamer View Post
Could you further explain the latter part of your comment please?
Rolling back firmware to whatever version you want
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post
reinstall windows and dont install synapse. ez

I did that, do you think exposing the mouse to synapse would have a permanent effect on the mouse itself ?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I did that, do you think exposing the mouse to synapse would have a permanent effect on the mouse itself ?
Probably depends on whether or not it installs some new firmware or changes existing.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 03:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 49)
Quote: Originally Posted by Brainlet View Post
Rolling back firmware to whatever version you want
ASUS did that with their P67 boards too, if the version to flash was same or older then Bupdater would refuse to flash it, just had to convince the software it was flashing a newer version of firmware when in reality it was an older version. Worked fine for the boards I used it on. Same can be done for Razer Viper Mini. Companies have there reason(s) for either providing the option to rollback firmware or not.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 03:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
do you think exposing the mouse to synapse would have a permanent effect on the mouse itself ?
Of course. Every mouse I've used with on-board memory has this problem. Each time you expose the mouse to manufacturer's software it gives you a non-deterministic result each time. I'm not sure if it's giving you a slightly different DPI each time like 800 vs 790 or what, but subjective experience is always different each time you upload new settings to the mouse. This is why the G Pro Hero 16k wired and XM1 in front of me have both never been exposed to the mouse software.

Also, the DPI toggle button causes a similar issue. If you scroll through the different DPI's then back to 800 again, sometimes it will be a little faster or slower than the one you were originally at. You also need to reboot the system after toggling DPI because it will feel off until you do. It throws some sort of timing issue out of whack. It's BS the manufacturers don't admit things like this, that toggling DPI while in-game is 100% useless and is only a detriment.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to

Last edited by r0ach; 08-04-2020 at 03:48 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
Of course. Every mouse I've used with on-board memory has this problem. Each time you expose the mouse to manufacturer's software it gives you a non-deterministic result each time. I'm not sure if it's giving you a slightly different DPI each time like 800 vs 790 or what, but subjective experience is always different each time you upload new settings to the mouse. This is why the G Pro Hero 16k wired and XM1 in front of me have both never been exposed to the mouse software.

Also, the DPI toggle button causes a similar issue. If you scroll through the different DPI's then back to 800 again, sometimes it will be a little faster or slower than the one you were originally at. You also need to reboot the system after toggling DPI because it will feel off until you do. It throws some sort of timing issue out of whack. It's BS the manufacturers don't admit things like this, that toggling DPI while in-game is 100% useless and is only a detriment.
I am really happy to see you back on the forums and reply to me, actually have you seen how many posts I made to "summon you" ? lol btw I need a detrimental answer for this question. Do you think exposing the mouse to synapse will never make it like factory again? even after deleting synapse and installing new windows? And in your opinion what do you think happens does synapse cause permanent damage or force input latency permanently even? I mean what kind of damage exactly happens. And if so is it worth to return the mouse and change it for a new "non exposed to software one" lol. I think my point is clear enough for you to easily explain it for me. Nice to see you man.

Last edited by HishGamer; 08-06-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in