new info on the Vaxee mouse (Zowie's successor) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

new info on the Vaxee mouse (Zowie's successor)

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 48 (Unique: 38)
new info on the Vaxee mouse (Zowie's successor)

Mouse info begins at 2:15

They don't show the mouse clearly enough, but it looks pretty good to me. Reminds me of the MS IO1.1 but I think this one's not absolutely symmetrical. Might even have side buttons on only one side, can't tell from the video.

Interesting to see their focus on click latency. I wonder if this will create a new trend, after the ultralight craze.

The start of the video also covers some info of the company, and it seems initial availability might be limited. I just hope it is reasonably priced, mice have become absurdly pricy for my taste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 04:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 20)
Neat
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 05:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Looks like an ergo mix between ec2 and the xtrfy m4 shape.

The logo look like zowie sideways. Why is this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 05:50 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 179 (Unique: 93)
Quote: Originally Posted by badben25 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0c0SPkqsYU

The start of the video also covers some info of the company, and it seems initial availability might be limited. I just hope it is reasonably priced, mice have become absurdly pricy for my taste.

Zowie has NEVER provided a decent scroll wheel, so unless they finally decided to install an ALPs encoder within their expensive design, then it is not worth the asking price.

If Roccat has successfully designed mice from the get go, all using Alps scrollers, then why has Zowie always failed to implement that vital feature, being a solid, clickable, working scroll wheel?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 08:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
It reminds me of an EC that is wider and with more ambidextrous-like qualities, like the S series but centred (or perhaps a GPW with better curves). Looks like a shape that could possibly provide more rear palm support.
Very excited to finally see new shapes being explored, kinda tired seeing clone after cheese-grater-clone.

(Edit: oops typos)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 05:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 28)
Color me impressed. I've been saying "I wonder when Zowie's gonna make a good mouse". All that had to happen was for the people that really care to leave and start their own thing.

Everything the guy said about the mouse sounds really good. Trying a new shape, even. Being their first mouse, I don't expect all the features it shares with other mice from big names to be up to the same standard, but maybe they'll surprise us. Glorious had a really good launch with their mouse, so idk.

I think what'll be important is not pricing it like Zowie does their mice, though, like they're some prestigious item. Like any of the major tournaments players have won with their mice somehow justify the price lol.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Avalar; 07-28-2020 at 06:02 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 02:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
The translation says 4 dpi steps, but theres only 3 on the bottom of the mouse. are there more dpi steps or is the max 1000?

looks good, will probably pick one up because this ninox astrum doesnt seem to be coming anytime soon and the model d i have has an annoying scroll wheel squeak and i cant be bothered to open it up and get replacement mouse feet

Last edited by hisXLNC; 08-01-2020 at 02:47 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 10:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
How is click latency related to accidental double clicks?(since he's discussing travel distance seperately)
Calling BS on them being able to do 1ms but choosing not to...if you have a switch to change response time, offer the lowest as one of the settings please.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in