to be or not to be - Razer DBack - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

to be or not to be - Razer DBack

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
haven't seen any mouse reviews?? :***: i'll start the first one

i've got a razer dback (being so knowned :: official mouse of cpl : and a lot of ppl wanted to buy it but hesitated cuz it's pretty expensive and not too much ppl uses it so they got no place to get advise.For a gamer, and using dback for about 2 months, giving this review and guide hope will help someone.

http://www.dntks.de/artikelnr-B0006JK2LW-abbildung.htm

(someone teach me how to upload images...)

RAZER DIAMOND BACK
Technical Specifications:

1.Optical engine powered by kärna precision (it is said on the case, and it is to be the most high-tech skill for optical engines)ps:best optical engine doesn't mean better mouse, but indeed for better accuracy.but dback is not the most accurate one cuz LogitechMX1000 is more accurate ...but it is using a laser engine.
2.Twice the DPI of conventional high performance sensors(1600 dots per inch)
3.Always On Mode – the optical sensor never powers down - provides instantaneous response at all times during game play
4.Buttons – 7 physical buttons optimized for gaming response and independently programmable
5.Ultra large non-slip mouse buttons
6.Non-slip side rails
7.Zero acoustic Teflon feet for smooth motion over any surface
8.On-the-Fly sensitivity adjustment(means, in-game sensitivity adjustment. that is to allow u to change ur mouse sense in-the-game)
9.Comes in with a translucent chassis (to tell the truth, looks really cool)

Specificationson official websites) (www.razerzone.com ::the have a limited edition and that looks too cool )

Dimensions: 5.04" length x 2.5" width x 1.54" height
7 foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
1600 dpi, for increased speed, precision, and accuracy
High speed motion detection, up to 40ips and 15g
Frame rate over 6400 frames per second (5.8 megapixels per second)
16 bit data path (as compared to 8 bit and 12 bit data paths used by other conventional mice) for increased data-processing

Dback features two oversized velvet textured buttons. Each button has a recessed groove which allows your fingers to comfortably find and rest in the middle of the buttons. Between the two buttons is a slightly transparent, white rubber scroll wheel.
The bottom of the Diamondback has a slender form with the left and right sides curved inward. The mouse is equipped with three zero acoustic Teflon feet. Two boomerang shaped ones are at the top and one larger crescent shaped one is at the bottom. The optical sensor is located at the center of the base.

http://www.hipermax.pl/images/Diamon...meleon_big.jpg

Performance:

The mouse's sleek Teflon feet work great with just about any surface (it is capable on about any mousepad, about, like im using a QPad right now). Diamondback runs in an Always On Mode, which means the optical sensor and accompanying LED never dims. This means the mouse will never have "wake up" lag. (the optical engine sends and read and defines the reflexion of the ray. If having the engine always on, that means the time the opt engine turns off and to wake up, the lag between it will be ignored. infact the lag will be counted as msecs...very rarely critical to games ::normally the opt engine will not send rays when it doenst detects any movement:

The 1600 dpi(dots per second and u will find sth about that in overclock.net , i m sure someone did post sth about that...) sensor is immediately noticeable, especially at the highest sensitivity level as the cursor can travel across the entire screen with very little mouse movement.(with a low dpi, high sensitivity will cause the lost of frames) All the other fancy technical information about the Diamondback's optical sensor, such as its high speed motion detection (up to 40ips), frame rate of over 6400 frames per second (5.8 megapixels per second), and a 16 bit data path, insure the smoothest cursor movement of any optical mouse available today.

Naturally, the Diamondback works good in all the games I tried with it; whether it was selecting and controlling units with in WC3 TFT or aiming in CS. The additional side buttons came in handy for any useful in-game controls (e.g. i make the side button to "USE" in cs and that works well). The On-The-Fly sensitivity allowed me to calibrate the Diamondback's sensitivity without having to go to the games' option menus, but tell u the truth, u won't use that function pretty often indeed, and i never used it yet because u need to make pretty much operations on the mouse(sidebutton+scrolling).

After these months of using it, more and more problems occured -

1.The OVERSIZED buttons and the recessed groove which allows your fingers to rest in the middle of the buttons makes very serious problems in FPS games such as CS, cuz the button is so large and close and sensitive that very often u will click another button wehn u suppose to click the other. This is XXXtremly Critical when u play games like cs when u press the wrong button...(common sense 4 gamers)
2.This mouse is too small and uncomfortable for the big hands and ones who are used to big mouse like ie3.0. It will be easy for u to grap but hard for u to grap steadily and the "Zero acoustic Teflon feet ", which is 3 of them, according to P=F/S, u will find pretty hard to control the mouse for REAL accuracy becuz it is s0 sm000000th when fraction is s0 much reduced! BUT this could be extremly helpful in RTS games like TFT for flying across the screen and saving your ltl farmer...but not too good for FPS cuz it is really hard to be used to it(HeatoN: don't compromise ur gear, let the gear compromise u). ::::::i stick 2 mouse stickers on each corner, ignoring the original large one, that indeed make a bit of having better grips...)

http://twojepc.pl/html/razer_diamnod...nodback_18.jpg

but don't get too frustrated with my opinions, the 1600dpi is still very useful in games and especially for the ones who have small hands! grabing the razer dback still makes u benefits from the high dpi and fps!

and RAZER DIAMONDBACK ROX IN L0000000KS! it looks really cool xD

conclusion: hmmm....it is a mouse that is ideal for gamers that participate in RTS and ones who have small hands(compared with big hands using sth like ie3.0) and left-handers. not recommended to fps gamers (u will lose ur frames of mouse when u do across-screen movements with low sensitivity e.g. turning around in CS) who have low sensitivity and pro-editors and videomakers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in