Changing USB Polling Rate to 1000hz (or lower) - Page 43 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Changing USB Polling Rate to 1000hz (or lower)

post #421 of 476 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 03:47 AM
InstantAli3n

Rep: 150 (Unique: 110)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

So this has been around since the beginning of last year.

I mean it still requires test mode(lol esea), but damn do I feel personally bad now recommending a Fatal1ty mobo to fix the 8,8.1,10 issue in the past. doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

You can't really avoid using test mode on newer versions of Windows because they enforce drivers to be signed by Microsoft. Enabling test mode allows you to use self-signed drivers which everybody can make, but you still can't use unsigned drivers like you could in XP.
Really? That's interesting. I thought there was a way around that. Disabling driver signature enforcement and something else... I really should look into that and find a guide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 476 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 04:07 AM

Rep: 1157 (Unique: 647)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Really? That's interesting. I thought there was a way around that. Disabling driver signature enforcement and something else... I really should look into that and find a guide.

Personally I'm not a total wiz on what switches work where. I know of the DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS BCD flag which worked in 32-bit Windows 7 from what I can recall, but hasn't worked in 64-bit Windows 7 (probably even 64-bit Vista) and newer.
In reality it doesn't really mean anything. Anyone can sign drivers - a couple of years back THIS tool was popular, so I guess the only legitimate reason to do it is to verify the drivers integrity rather than ensuring you only use authorized drivers.

What does OCN offer as a site?
What are infractions and warnings?
How to make quality posts
#well
(19 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
GPU
Sapphire RX 580
RAM
2x G.Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO
Optical Drive
Generic DVD±RW Burner
Power Supply
Corsair TX850
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Fractal Design Core 2500
Operating System
Arch Linux
Monitor
Dell U2711
Monitor
Samsung SyncMaster 2233
Monitor
LG W2453TQ
Keyboard
Ducky DK9008G2, Cherry MX Blue, Overclock.net Edition
Mouse
Logitech G303
Mouse
Xtrfy GP3 HeatoN
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 Ohm
Audio
AntLion ModMic v3
Audio
M-Audio Fast Track USB
▲ hide details ▲

post #423 of 476 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 05:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 22)
Have you seen this post? It looks like overclocking is already possible on Win8 / 8.1 / 10. The zip contains a certificate :O

http://sweetlow.orgfree.com/hidusbf.html

I haven't tried it yet, because currently I don't have any old mice, but will try soon smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 476 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 04:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobragab View Post

Have you seen this post? It looks like overclocking is already possible on Win8 / 8.1 / 10. The zip contains a certificate :O

http://sweetlow.orgfree.com/hidusbf.html

I haven't tried it yet, because currently I don't have any old mice, but will try soon smile.gif

It works! Only in test mode though (admin cmd: bcdedit /set testsigning on)
post #425 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 05:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 43)
Just tried my WMO on a newer platform.. It seems that the INTEL usb 3.0 extensible drivers will BLOCK the 1000hz mod..

So.... basically on z77 z87 and z97, all the platform that use intel usb 3.0 drivers, if you install them (to use 3.0) it will not work with the older mice which need the mod to do 1000hz.

It will disable the mod on all of the usb ports and default to 125hz.

I tired with mx510, 518, WMO, IMO.

The problem is easily rectified, just buy a seperate usb3.0 addon card, and use that instead..

But if you MUST use the intel onboard usb3.0, it will block the mod.
post #426 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 06:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Just tried my WMO on a newer platform.. It seems that the INTEL usb 3.0 extensible drivers will BLOCK the 1000hz mod..

So.... basically on z77 z87 and z97, all the platform that use intel usb 3.0 drivers, if you install them (to use 3.0) it will not work with the older mice which need the mod to do 1000hz.

The problem is easily rectified, just buy a seperate usb3.0 addon card, and use that instead..

This is true in Windows 7, but on Windows 8/10 it is definitely not with Sweetlow's latest drivers. I'm using the WMO @ 500 hz at this very moment in Win10 and USB 3.0.
post #427 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Ex-resident Kinzu shill

Rep: 62 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Uninstall the eXtensible 3.0 drivers, disable xHCI in the BIOS and it will work. Using a Z97 Mark II here.

"Push your mouse to the limited with Overdrive. Legendary shape enhanced with premium martials."
post #428 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 43)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn View Post

This is true in Windows 7, but on Windows 8/10 it is definitely not with Sweetlow's latest drivers. I'm using the WMO @ 500 hz at this very moment in Win10 and USB 3.0.

The biggest mistake in all of what you said is " Windows 10 " biggrin.gif
post #429 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

Uninstall the eXtensible 3.0 drivers, disable xHCI in the BIOS and it will work. Using a Z97 Mark II here.
teaching.gif There is not need to disable 3.0 controller up to Intel 90 chipsets. It's very easy to setup your PC to always connect low/full/high speed devices to EHCI controllers and use XHCI controller only for super speed devices.
P.S. blame on [bad guys] who write BIOSes and can't export this hardware feature to users.
post #430 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 03:00 AM
Ex-resident Kinzu shill

Rep: 62 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLow View Post

teaching.gif There is not need to disable 3.0 controller up to Intel 90 chipsets. It's very easy to setup your PC to always connect low/full/high speed devices to EHCI controllers and use XHCI controller only for super speed devices.
P.S. blame on [bad guys] who write BIOSes and can't export this hardware feature to users.

Interesting that you can set xHCI to only work for super speed devices, not that I own any as far as I'm aware. Can we get an :educated: emote please?

"Push your mouse to the limited with Overdrive. Legendary shape enhanced with premium martials."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in