Gaming mouse - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Gaming mouse

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmnop View Post
a keyboard is more important. how about I take the one you have away for a week and see how well you do without it? you can get by without a mouse using mouse keys.
Reading is fundamental. He said having a quality mouse is more important.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 242 (Unique: 154)
and I disagreed

- Christine
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Nope

Rep: 183 (Unique: 148)
Quote:
and I disagreed
Are you going to give him advice on a gaming mouse or just disagree about something he/she isn't interested in and has no point in this thread, because if you want to continue we can just ignore your post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
and I disagreed
No, you did not disagree in your post. You stated that a keyboard is more important than a mouse because you can carry out the functions of the mouse with the keyboard. For one, you can also perform the keyboard's function with a mouse by using the on screen keyboard. Secondly, your statement is utterly irrelevant because we are talking about what is more important for gaming.

post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanisx View Post
I've already read this post. All they talk about is dpi (whatever that is). What I'm asking is: Is there really a need for increased response time, comfortablility, and dpi? My mouse responds alright already (wireless dell mouse), it is pretty comfortable, and have no idea what dpi is.
DPI?? Dots per inch. If you play FPS(First Person Shooter) games, and you have to set the sensitivity really low for accurate aiming, then more DPI helps. A higher DPI lets you move your hand less, and have the same exact cursor movement. A higher DPI makes aiming less "blocky", and more smooth.

If you were to drag your hand 1 inch up with a 500dpi mouse, the cursor would move 500 pixels up at a 1:1 sensitivity. Switch that mouse with a 3200dpi mouse, and the cursor will move up 3200 pixels when you drag your hand up(1:1 sensitivity ratio).

I don't see why response time would matter, as long as it is less than 5ms. Most monitors have >2ms response times, but the sound coming from your computer has much less than 1ms. Yet, when you watch a movie or play games, you cannot tell that you are hearing the sound just before the video is displayed. So I don't think that the response time is a big deal.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by u238 View Post
No, you did not disagree in your post. You stated that a keyboard is more important than a mouse because you can carry out the functions of the mouse with the keyboard. For one, you can also perform the keyboard's function with a mouse by using the on screen keyboard. Secondly, your statement is utterly irrelevant because we are talking about what is more important for gaming.
try installing windows without a keyboard

- Christine
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
try installing windows without a keyboard
Read.

Read more.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
I don't use vista and you are missing the point you need a keyboard to boot. are you going to access the bios with the wings of imagination?

- Christine
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I don't use vista and you are missing the point you need a keyboard to boot.
Unattended installs has been around since windows 95. I'm sure you are using an OS more recent than 95, right?
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
I don't use vista and you are missing the point you need a keyboard to boot. are you going to access the bios with the wings of imagination?
Missing the point? Good god, you are missing more than the point. Stop arguing about something completely unrelated to the topic.

As for gaming mice, I highly recommend one. They are really a must for high sensitivity use. The difference is certainly noticeable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in