DeathAdder Mouse Wheel Problem - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

DeathAdder Mouse Wheel Problem

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 105 (Unique: 100)
Tonight while I was playing MW2, I got a little frustrated like I always do, and I slammed my mouse on the pad. I didn't slam it hard, but it seemly messed up the scroll wheel. It is now loose and sunken down into the mouse a little lower.

Since I bought it awhile ago, I decided to take it apart rather than bother contacting Razers atrocious support to try and get a replacement. Anyways, there was nothing rattling inside the mouse, which led me to believe that something just got dislodged.

I got the entire thing apart and separated, only to not find anything wrong. Nothing is physically broken inside of the mouse. The wheel didn't have any parts broken off, the little well that it sits in is fine, etc...

I wound up taking the entire thing apart, cleaning it, and re-assembling it, but it's still messed up (the wheel click works, but it doesn't scroll). I'm completely clueless as to what the issue is. If anyone can help in any way, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd rather get this thing fixed instead of dropping another $50 or so on a mouse.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 414 (Unique: 348)
Guess you wont be slamming your mouse anymore, now will you.
Personally, I think its fubar. I doubt you'll get it working again. I love to be proven wrong tho

Keeping the Overclock in OCN

♫The♪Official♪Car♪Stereo♪Club♫

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
Guess you wont be slamming your mouse anymore, now will you.
Personally, I think its fubar. I doubt you'll get it working again. I love to be proven wrong tho
I always say I'm going to stop slamming my mouse, but I never do. This is probably my fourth of fifth mouse that I've screwed over by slamming it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well, I got it fixed...for now. turns out a piece of the mouse wheel did break off, it was just stuck in the little spot it fits into. So, I super-glued it back to the mouse wheel and put everything back together. Everything is working fine now. I have a feeling though this will wind up breaking by tomorrow. Wound up just ordering the newer DeathAdder from Amazon.

Just figured I'd update the situation.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2585 (Unique: 1242)

August 13th, 2011 sad-smiley-002.gif Happy trails, may we meet again.

CyberDruidPC is History

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in