my mouse dilemma >.< - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

my mouse dilemma >.<

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 19)
Today I was going over the mice I own and comparing them and trying to figure out why im go unhappy.
MS3.0- I love it to me its perfect ergo and sensor. In-game i aim better and control recoil better too. My main issue with it and the reason im not going to use it is the mouse wheel. I bind mwheeldown to jump in order to bunnyhop and the MS3.0 wheel doesnt set in right thus making me jump at random times(when i dont want to). To me its real annoying and ive tried modding it with no avail. P.S some ppl say that this mouse has neg accel at high speeds and ive test it on my Qck Heavy and its true but it didnt effect me or i dont notice it, ever thou i play at slow sens. also another minor issue is that lots of people say its build poorly and tends to break in a couple years if not less. I notice that its build kinda cheap with simple plastic and nothing is really well build. So i dont think this mouse would last too long.

DA- Well this mouse is perfect too. I was really happy with it for a year. When I got it, i owned the MX518 and I compare it against the MX518 and it was a close match and the result was a tie only to be broken by preference. I felt that the DA felt better so I continue to use it to this day with no problems. However i noticed when using my DA after a couple hours, the sides would get sticky, greasy and sweaty from my finger being there. You can see that the shiny plastic on the side of the DA attracts a lot of gunk on to the mouse. This same plastic is also on the Razer Lycosa and many people say that it attract lots of fingerprints. You can see the plastic here: http://images.ncix.com/forumimages/1...536B45B006.jpg
I fixed this problem this Steelseries Grip and it has worked to this say without any problems of peeling off at all. However the reason I'm leaving the DA now after a really good year this it. Is because I felt I was missing out on shots due to the MS3.0 and MX518 seems to hit. After doing side by side comparisons, I hit more shot and headshots with my MS3.0 then my MX518 then my DA. This is certainly not true with a lot of people who use and love their DA.

P.S I use my DA @ 450 DPI 6/11 1000Hz; I also tried out 1800 DPI 3/11 1000Hz and it felt more precise and aim more like the MS3.0 does. But still not enough.

MX518- Well this mouse was my first gaming mouse and it was perfect too. LOL. An issue I found very annoying and was a major downfall was the plastic on top caused my hand to get wet and it interrupted my game. It had the same effect the DA side have but on top of the mouse which more annoying than the DA sides. I managed to fix this problem very well with Steelseries Grip. I had used this mouse for a year untill the DA was on sale and I decided to try it out(i heard great things and they were true). My MX518 barely lost out to my DA due to preference. This sweat problem didnt seem to stop a lot of people from using this mouse.

I didnt mention my IME1.1 because its basically the same sensor as the MS.30 and its ergo is really good too.

------------
ergo-
ms3.0
da
mx518

sensor
ms3.0
mx518
da

wheel
da
mx518
ms3.0
-------------
Major Issues

MS3.0
+ great ergo, great sensor
- that damn wheel

DA
+ well built, good ergo
- the damn sides, doesnt perform as well as the mx518 or ms3.0 do

MX518
+ ever better build, great sensor
- the damn plastic top, the ergo is turning me off
--------------
Minor Issues (some dont effect me as much but might affect you)

MS3.0
+ plug in play, price real good
- neg accel at high speed, known for breaking down, only 450dpi for those who need more

DA
+ DPI: 450, 900, 1800; saves polling rate, well built
- some features dont save to the mem like the lights and macros

MX518
+ DPI: get any dpi from 400-1800 by 50; shape(not for me but thats pref)
- left click dies for some ppl, angle snapping(i dont notice it)
----------------
I just order the Xai from ESEA.net for $95 after shipping and tax. I really don't know whats wrong with me. I was happy with my DA for such a long time and suddenly i notice its giving me a harder time at aim at hs's.

P.S I would pay any price for a mouse like the MS3.0 with a DA wheel and well-built like the MX518(lasts for years). Hint Hint Mouse Manufacturers.

Mice: Steelseries Xai @ 450DPI 1000hz (i also owned MS3.0, MX518, MS1.1 and a Deathadder 3G)
Mouse Pads: 9HD (i also owned SX, Col Pad, Qck Heavy)
Keyboards: HHKB Pro 2 w/Blank Black Keycaps and typing in colemak
Headphones: ATH-AD700 w/ Zalman Clip-On Mic
Sound Card: Auzentech Prelude w/ CMSS off
Display: Samsung 2233RZ @ 100Hz
Extra: Gunnar Rocket (Gaming Glasses)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

i forgot to mention my theory of why for me ms3.0>da sensor wise. I think its because of the increase in FPS has over the DA. 9000(MS3.0)>6400(DA). idk if there is truth in this.

Mice: Steelseries Xai @ 450DPI 1000hz (i also owned MS3.0, MX518, MS1.1 and a Deathadder 3G)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

i kinda know why i was sucking recently with my da. now its fixed and im owning, but the xai is already ordered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 47)
Xai > DA any day.

Should be easy to sell, but I would keep it.

Steelseries Xai
Poker X KBC (Red)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfart View Post
Xai > DA any day.

Should be easy to sell, but I would keep it.
I can't wait to get it. I've never been so anxious to get a product. I have to wait quite sometime since my i paid by echeck.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I got a xai today. Made an unboxing video. Ive used it for about 7 hours so far. Im not impress with the ergonomics. I feel as thou my pinky and ring finger dont have a place to go. Also the side buttons on the side feel in the way but i never accidentally click them. If steelseries asked me to fix the ergo to me liking I would raise it up to the level of height of the ime1.1 and add a smooth bump for your ring finger and pinky to rest on. I felt this with my mx518 but only for the ring finger. The skates are kinda thin but acceptable glide. At one point during a dm i switched to my da for 3 min and I immediately felt my whote hand just float in the air on a cloud and I was about to pull of some awesome frags(4 one clicks in a row). However the xai is ok on performance. The wheel jumped on my twice over 7 hours which is good but not prefect. I think ill get used to it cuz im not going to own a $90 and not use it. On a good note, my recoil is better and some part of me aiming seems improved. I expected perfection from the Xai($90 mouse jeez) and got a balance which isnt to bad because thats what I got with my DA. So far id say im half way through judging the mouse.

P.S atm im fretin over dpi and how much i should use.
Its seems to be between
1170dpi(old 450 * 2.6) 6/11 1in-game
450dpi 6/11 2.6in-game (same settings as da and ms3.0 ive used)
ive also tried
1800dpi(450 * 4) 3/11 (.25 ratio) 2.6 in-game
and it felt good but not using 6/11 windows has me worried.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

i rant alot.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 47)
You just got to get used to it. It was really weird for me too. Not sure about the mouse wheel problem, it might just need to break it. For the DPI make sure you use steps of 90, it's how the sensor was designed. Use w/e is comfortable.

Steelseries Xai
Poker X KBC (Red)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in