Wireless for gaming - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Wireless for gaming

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
So it's pretty clear that a select few wireless mice are as good as wired. But can anyone who's had at least 3+ wireless devices running at the same time chime in? My big concern is interference, and no one has been able to address this.

Current mATX Rig (since I can't get my rig to show up for some reason like everyone else)

Case: Fractal Arc Mini R2 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.6GHZ @ 1.228v RAM: G.SKILL Trident X 16GB (2x8) DDR3 2400 CL 10
Thermal Paste: Arctic MX-4 CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
HDD: Western Digital Black 5TB GPU: AMD R9 280x (Waiting for Vega...) PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 650W
Wireless Card: TP-Link N4800 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G500 Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 46)
Has anybody ever bought the Razer Naga Epic? It's on their online store for pre-order.

Whatever goes up, must come down. True and False.

Why? Clouds come down as rain, airplanes come down by landing @ an airport or crash because it was shot down or lost all of it's fuel.

Whatever goes down, must come up. True and False.

Why? Anything with oxygen in it is less dense so it will eventually go up. Anything without more dense than water will sink. You can't fight gravity.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 59)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle View Post
The mamba is far from the best, I doubt you are anything close to a "hardcore gamer". I have a preference for wired myself, but each to their own.
Can you describe a better mouse than the Mamba for what it overall offers? Wire/wireless mode - Aesthetics, Great brand name (if that counts)

The wireless mode has a 0.1ms response time. Which is that as a Wired.... I've had it for over a month and have never had a problem out of it, I've never had a problem out of ANY Razer product at that

By the way, re read about me being a hardcore gamer. I said at times. Some games I get really big into and play hours upon hours on end. Then I go to a dead zone and not play that much aka getting burnt out.

But yeah.. w/e to each and their own

"My PC is a work of art, it shall never be disrespected placed on the floor. If anything it would be placed on a pedestal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 05:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 145 (Unique: 117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post
Can you describe a better mouse than the Mamba for what it overall offers? Wire/wireless mode - Aesthetics, Great brand name (if that counts)

The wireless mode has a 0.1ms response time. Which is that as a Wired.... I've had it for over a month and have never had a problem out of it, I've never had a problem out of ANY Razer product at that

By the way, re read about me being a hardcore gamer. I said at times. Some games I get really big into and play hours upon hours on end. Then I go to a dead zone and not play that much aka getting burnt out.

But yeah.. w/e to each and their own
The next top wireless mouse I can think of is the new G700, it looks really promising, and its both wire and wireless
Its shaped just like g500, which I love!

Steam:the deaf kid gunner2.gif PSN: ßßaseßallßoy1234 sneaky.gifAMD 4GHz Club
Games Currently Playing: cs1.6
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 26)
if money isnt an issue i recommend the MAMBA ive had plenty of different mice wired&wireless and i can tell you now that after years of playing counterstrike it is the best mouse ive used to date.. Razer make quality products and i only buy from them, theyre packaging is flawless and creative (plus its never getting thrown out lol).

"This is OCN, it's not what u need it's what u want!"
PROJECT CARBON
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
2.4 Ghz frequency can easily handle the data. The problem would be interference. What devices are in range that could potentially interfere. The heaviest users of the 2.4 Ghz frequency are cordless phones and microwaves. As long as the microwave is a room or two apart, you'll probably be ok. Just don't haul the microwave into your room so you never have to leave your PC to eat.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 80 (Unique: 72)
Same goes for a wireless router in your room. Do not use the mouse in the same room as the router. That Razer Naga Epic looks pretty slick, but the price tag reminds of when the Mamba first came out. I sure hope Razer got rid of the issues with the original Naga and the Mamba.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 99 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Same goes for a wireless router in your room. Do not use the mouse in the same room as the router. That Razer Naga Epic looks pretty slick, but the price tag reminds of when the Mamba first came out. I sure hope Razer got rid of the issues with the original Naga and the Mamba.
what issues ?

.-[SandyBridge]-.
.5ghz Pl+s Club.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in