Intellimouse skips at rapid swipes - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Intellimouse skips at rapid swipes

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
Alright, 3.1 in game is waaaaaaaay more than enough as far as perfect control and malfunction rate go.

The only thing I can think of is that your 1000hz overclock might not be completely stable.

Try bumping it down to 500hz.
500HZ is too much delay, but thank you for suggesting. I already disassembled Intellimouse for examination purposes.

I will most likely solve the issue by using deathadder and fixing its friction issue.

I will be using DA because it apparently either has a malfunction point at an either significantly higher point or a nonexistent one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genkaz92 View Post
I already disassembled Intellimouse for examination purposes.
With Enotus Mouse Test you could have checked if your Intelli works as it should.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullveyr View Post
With Enotus Mouse Test you could have checked if your Intelli works as it should.
The download appears to be malfunctioning. I could put it back together, install new hyperglides on it, and test it again if you insist.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 240 (Unique: 217)
Quote:
500HZ is too much delay, but thank you for suggesting. I already disassembled Intellimouse for examination purposes.

I will most likely solve the issue by using deathadder and fixing its friction issue.

I will be using DA because it apparently either has a malfunction point at an either significantly higher point or a nonexistent one.
If you can tell the difference between 1000hz and 500hz your like a superhuman because were literally talking about 1ms vs 2ms.. 125hz is 8ms and i agree that is noticeable...

intellimouse 1.1 was my mouse of choice for almost 9 years... really shines w/ good teflon mouse feet. I would definitely try 500hz, that is what I found to be best, even though I do not recall skipping issues at 1000hz... I would try another cloth pad to be sure and make sure nothing is in the way of the sensor like lint or anything.

I tried the mx518 and DA first... hated both of them... used a Xai for cs 1.6 for the last season i played and liked it alot due to shape and fact that i could go to low dpi and it worked well, but didnt like the laser sensor on my cloth pad as much... Ended up picking up a zowie ec-2... and i love this mouse... only one that I can say for sure I would use over an intellimouse 1.1

Quote:
Trend, MSLE, and everything else ive tried says do not download this lol.

Current Audio: Gustard U12 > Gustard X12 > Gustard H10 / Matrix M-Stage / Schiit Lyr (Cryo'd Gold Lions) / Presonus Eris E4.5 Monitors
|| HE-400i w/ AlphaPads || Oppo PM-3 || Fostex TH-X00 || AKG K701 || HD 650 ||
Current Mouse/Keyboard => cm novatouch w/ pbt caps || g403

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

In this case I do feel a little bit bad for disassembling it so soon, even though the only thing that I lost were the teflon feet due to the screws being under them to open the mouse itself. I do absolutely love everything about it, and the skipping problem was indeed a ripoff to me.

I could always order new teflon feet for it and put it back together again, I would use it over DA any day.

Zowie ec-2 appeared to have had questionable reviews from various locations.

And also, I absolutely can notice the difference of one millisecond, I am a member of the official superman mouse testing league.

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 28)
Quote:
The download appears to be malfunctioning. I could put it back together, install new hyperglides on it, and test it again if you insist.
Works for me (direct DL-Link)

I insist on nothing, you are the one with an issue with his mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp459 View Post
Trend, MSLE, and everything else ive tried says do not download this lol.
Enotus never caused a problem for me and I used it often enough, so no need to worry.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Works for me (direct DL-Link)

I insist on nothing, you are the one with an issue with his mouse.

Enotus never caused a problem for me and I used it often enough, so no need to worry.
For some reason it still does not work for me, I would highly appreciate if you re-uploaded it somewhere.

And if you want to insist, you are more then welcome to insist. I would really have no problems putting that thing together and performing a test on it, even though it would perfectly efficient efficient considering the mouse's current absence of teflon feet.

post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Gone

Rep: 541 (Unique: 328)
Polling rate is motherboard limited. There are boards here and there that can't hold a stable rate.

As for the Talent, I didn't have a problem paired w/ the 3.0.

post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 240 (Unique: 217)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
Polling rate is motherboard limited. There are boards here and there that can't hold a stable rate.

As for the Talent, I didn't have a problem paired w/ the 3.0.
yea my buddy uses a talent with a 1.1. no problems there for sure...

chances are the people giving the ec-2 a bad review are the same ones buying 5000 DPI mice w/ 800 buttons.. lol Most of the cs 1.6 / cs:s community that I pay attention to has given it great reviews/feedback.

Its a quality unit that really stands out imo b/c of the driverless install and the 500/1000/2000 dpi switching from the bottom of the mouse. Nothing revolutionary, but the simplicity and build quality makes it for me. I have tried probably 6-8 difference mice for extended periods over the past year and have to say that the xai and the ec-2 are the only two that I would consider over a 1.1/3.0

I hate to say it but the mouse is relatively inexpensive. If it is causing a problem and 500hz/using it on another pc doesnt make a difference, might be time for a new one or a different model may it rip =)

Current Audio: Gustard U12 > Gustard X12 > Gustard H10 / Matrix M-Stage / Schiit Lyr (Cryo'd Gold Lions) / Presonus Eris E4.5 Monitors
|| HE-400i w/ AlphaPads || Oppo PM-3 || Fostex TH-X00 || AKG K701 || HD 650 ||
Current Mouse/Keyboard => cm novatouch w/ pbt caps || g403

post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Gone

Rep: 541 (Unique: 328)
The only reason why I suspect it to be the polling rate is because I believe sweetlow's program has trouble holding 1000hz. There's also a chance that a problem exist between both the software and motherboard itself.

I would at least try 500hz to root out problems. All USB ports should be qualified for that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in