What tablet for PC to get? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

What tablet for PC to get?

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
LTC
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 36)
Hi! Didn't know where to post this, however as this is a input device as the mouse, I think this section would be the most appropriate.

Anyway, I have a Design class in school, and using the mouse to design business cards aren't the most effective and precise way to do it, thats why I need som advice...

I've chased it down to the Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch, which is in a pretty friendly price range for me, however I don't know if it's a bad choice? I'm a little worried that when mixing Touch and Pen input, that the Pen input might suffer from the other? I wouldn't like a tablet which is made to be used with the fingers more than the pen...

So any other brands than Wacom or any other product from Wacom that I should look for instead?

Friendly Regards
Jacob

// Ryzen 2700X 4GHz // GSkill 16GB F4-3600 // 256GB 970 Evo NVME // Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC White // NZXT H500i //
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
I have a Wacom intuos4. The only thing I would advise is to make sure you save and get a tablet with a large surface. Small surfaces dont translate to big resolutions so well. However, if all you going to be doing is making business cards im sure you wont have a problem. I dont think I have ever seen a tablet that is touch. I could be wrong.

Manufactured in Atlanta, GA

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
LTC
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerDontPlay View Post
I have a Wacom intuos4. The only thing I would advise is to make sure you save and get a tablet with a large surface. Small surfaces dont translate to big resolutions so well. However, if all you going to be doing is making business cards im sure you wont have a problem. I dont think I have ever seen a tablet that is touch. I could be wrong.
Well the business card thing is just project we are doing at the moment... So the tablet is going to be used for other things too

I was looking at the Intuos4 but they are just sooo expensive! :O I also had a look at this model: http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?pid=294&lang=en&spid=30

// Ryzen 2700X 4GHz // GSkill 16GB F4-3600 // 256GB 970 Evo NVME // Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC White // NZXT H500i //
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
Yeah I figured but there is always the chance that maybe you just love business cards.

I have heard good things about the Bamboo products. My intuos really nice and the software is solid. Their made by the same company so if I were to put that together Im sure you'll be fine. If I were you Id look for the one that provided the biggest dimmensions for the best price. The one you linked looked pretty nice.

I misunderstood your first post I thought you said you were looking for a tablet that you can touch, I didnt realize they actually made them. Thats weird. Seems like it would be awkward.

Manufactured in Atlanta, GA

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
LTC
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerDontPlay View Post
Yeah I figured but there is always the chance that maybe you just love business cards.

I have heard good things about the Bamboo products. My intuos really nice and the software is solid. Their made by the same company so if I were to put that together Im sure you'll be fine. If I were you Id look for the one that provided the biggest dimmensions for the best price. The one you linked looked pretty nice.

I misunderstood your first post I thought you said you were looking for a tablet that you can touch, I didnt realize they actually made them. Thats weird. Seems like it would be awkward.
What do you mean about "Touch"?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
LTC
New to Overclock.net

Any other things I should consider?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in