[OFFICIAL] Steam Controller Owners club - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OFFICIAL] Steam Controller Owners club

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
OFFICIAL STEAM CONTROLLER OWNERS CLUB

Club made for owners of this great piece of hardware made by valve.

________________________________________________________________________________
Useful links:

________________________________________________________________________________
Personal opinion on Steam Controller:

Hi, torvi here and welcome to my personal thoughts about steam controller.

Steam controller (SC for short) is in my opinion great piece of hardware that is by no means your standard controller and here is where most of it's pros and cons lies. Overall community of gamers is unsure if they would like to buy SC because of it's unique build and features it brings, but fear not as it's not so bad as most reviewers says, mind it's my personal thoughts and experience with it so it might or might not be biased.

I've been using SC for about a week now and I have to say I'm very pleased with how it works and looks, definitely the best peripheral I could have added to my man cave as of now. On the review that has been posted above you can see actual quality of box it's coming with so I'll save preaching about how nice the box was to me and I'll jump straight to the point of my experience with it.

So far I have been playing games like Assetto Corsa, Insurgency, Civ5 and Rome Total War 2, I have more games but currently I'm focusing on these 4 as they are the games I play most frequently and I have to say... damn, where have you been all my life Steam Controller?!

In Assetto Corsa after using community settings that are aviable in steam controller options after 20 minutes of playing the first day I got it I've managed to clock the time "just" 12 seconds below world record on rsr world records. I have been playing assetto corsa previously with normal wheel and the only difference in driving experience was that on wheel I have a force feedback making the experience more realistic while on controller we have just your typical controller force feedback (that is after you turn on experimental mode which works great). Overall very pleased with how it works in this particular game.

Civ5 and RTW2 are really easy to work around with SC, it's just an ultimate lazy mode for a gamer, You can just chill out while gaming on couch or bed

Now towards Insurgency, well here I haven't yet tested SC much, overall controls are nice but I still haven't gained enough of experience to be able to play it well with SC, what I have to say though is that I have a tendency to get stiff during playing emotional games like fps or racing games thus my control gets impaired while rapidly moving and shooting with kb/mouse combo I often find myself I can not into recoil control because of being too stiff, with steam controller on the other hand I don't have that problem! I can just tilt the weapon down with my thumb softly sliding on right hand d-pad which have improved my recoil control greatly.

Onto using it outside of games. You can use your SC just as you use your mouse, can switch around sites, I can just carry it with me to my bed and watch anime and switch around with it, one big down for me though is that there is no on screen keyboard for Steam Controller outside big picture mode, somehow I couldn't even use windows on screen keyboard which is a big minus, otherwise I could almost ditch my keyboard and mouse away and just use SC for pretty much everything. Overall using it outside of games is a great thing for me as I'm a very lazy person so "the less the better", as I'm typing it now, my keyboard feels so uncomfortable that id wish my key caps were made out of rubber, my mouse (mionix naos) feels uncomfortable for the first time ever and I have it since 2 years so
it's not like "You just have a wrong mouse man".

Finishing thoughts: If You have a money to spare and wonder about getting a pad for Your pc, give it a try. If You find it not appealing to You, You can easily just sell it to someone, market is under supplied with them so selling SC to somebody won't be a problem. I rate it 8.5 out of 10, it needs minor improvement like on screen keyboard outside big picture mode but other than that, all it takes it's just getting to used to it and... it was so easy for me. thumb.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________

Owners signature

Code:
[URL=https://www.overclock.net/t/1598257/official-steam-controller-owners-club][B]Steam Controller Owners club[/B][/URL]

http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/doh.gifStock Cooler Clubhttp://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/doh.gif i5-4590 prime95 tested max temp 61c after 2 hours of stress test.
Steam Controller Owners club

rig:
i5-2500s
16gb ddr3 ram
gtx1050ti 4gb
240gb micron ssd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in