Overclock.net banner

Quest for a BIOS programmer for X470 Taichi

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SaccoSVD 
#1 ·
This is the continuation from a discussion we had in the Modded BIOS forum, so in order to stop hijacking that thread we decided to open a new one.

So far:

I got a EVC2 from ElmorLabs and a SOP16 clip.

Seems I need a "SOP16 to SOP8 converter"

How does that look like? :)

#2 ·

Exactly that thing :)
I forgot, like mentioned in
I forgot you get a set of single cable plugs with it and 8 single pluggable pins
You can use them to connect the 8 pins from the SOP16 to 8 adapter that go out, into the EVC
It's funky but that should work as a resolve, maybe we should switch the location and not spam into the OPs topic , with an offtopic part :)
Just will need @elmor 's help for the pinning description , which pin 1 to 8 belongs to where on the EVC2
That you get some more cable/clips with it

We just need the pinout of the EVC2 and the pinout of 1 to 8 from the SOP16 to SOP8 converter
It's by far not the most elegant way, but the 16 pin is bigger then the pin header on the EVC which is top right next to the 4 pin OLED display header :eek:

#3 ·
Cool. :) I don't mind bridging with cables. Yes I noticed the adapter wouldn't fit anywhere in the programmer. (pins against pins)

The more I dig into the info the less I know. i guess I'll have to wait and see when the parts arrive.

I surely appreciate your help mate :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.