[Tweaktown] Corsair In Talks With Francisco Partners Over Buyout - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Tweaktown] Corsair In Talks With Francisco Partners Over Buyout

post #91 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 11:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBruce View Post

This photo, Corsair original cables on the left, Corsair Generation2 on the right. Thanks George, love the improved cables.thumb.gif

thinner fiber provides more strength(because more are packed in) than thicker fibers, gen 1 is technically better..gen 2 is easier to manufacture

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 454 (Unique: 351)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratesh View Post

I hope Corsair doesn't become money hungry and sell out on its emphasis on quality.

All of our new products will be carved out of styrofoam and painted to look like actual parts. And we will be tripling the price on everything. And closing customer service and tech support. Our new corporate motto will be "Too Bad, Jerks."
post #93 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 66)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

All of our new products will be carved out of styrofoam and painted to look like actual parts. And we will be tripling the price on everything. And closing customer service and tech support. Our new corporate motto will be "Too Bad, Jerks."

If you were an EA rep I would think you were completely serious. Thankfully, you're not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Old and Crochity

Rep: 271 (Unique: 200)
Quote:

your sense of humor is impeccable.

Quote:Originally Posted by Deadboy90 https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif

You want true privacy? Go live in the woods with no electronics like in the early 19th century. Otherwise stop complaining.

In God we trust, all others we monitor - NSA motto
post #95 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 10:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 66)
Quote:

Do it. Go into the lab and carve a 600T out of Styorofoam and don't post again in this thread until it's finished. Also, your next post will be useless without pics. biggrin.gif

Excuse me sir and/or ma'am, do you have a moment to spare to hear about our Lord Titan Z?
Build Logs! (Click to show)teh lulz! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle go_quote.gif

If loving you is ROM, then I don't want to read write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose go_quote.gif

Over at Red camp, AMD managed to duct tape a decent GPU and CPU together with their APU, and are... improving the tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros go_quote.gif

So an iOS 6 user walks into a bar. Or a restaurant. Or a river... I don't even know. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_2001 go_quote.gif

Make sure the hospital updates their drivers...Might get the baby out 17% quicker...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonshorty go_quote.gif

What's next, tweeting the fire brigade?

@LocalFireDep My house is on fire LOL #yolo

post #96 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

If they do get bought out, I hope they stay awesome like they are now.
been trying to get replacement fans for the crappy h100i since i bought it in november and they finally sent it but ups delivered to wrong house and whom ever they delivered too still signed for it so no replacement fans for me
corsair is some bs garbage

NVIDIA > AMD People told me a 7970 to a 770 would be a side grade but after seeing the difference here I believe a 660 wold have been an upgrade over the 7970 . So much smoother no more dropped frames or stutter.
2600K @ 7.61GHZ say what?
As of October 27 2013 I have had 9 news articles on the homepage at once. For the first time in my life I feel I have accomplished something and am actually happy about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcEsSalvation go_quote.gif

Hilarious, and OP... It's 9 news articles on the front page.
post #97 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Data Recovery Engineer

Rep: 1343 (Unique: 999)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuchler View Post

this is one of the funniest threads I have read on OCN.

I don't see this being a bad thing for Corsair. The
PC component industry is extremely competitive.
If Corsair wants to be around for another 20 years
they need to do something now. considering that
memory IC are going up in cost because mfg are
cutting back in supply.

OCZ was a good example of what not to do. Depending
on only a few third-party manufacturers basically doomed
them.

Thank you for being a voice of reason.

Like I said earlier, if you guys think our quality goes down or our products suck or something, that's one thing. But complaining about the names on the board of directors or whatever shouldn't concern you. We've had numerous rounds of private equity interest over the years. It hasn't affected our products one bit. I've been here 9 years and our CEO is still the same guy he's always been - and he's primarily concerned with out-engineering our competition. Marketing (my job) and sales are important, but if your product doesn't WORK better than the competition, it's almost always back to the drawing board here.

smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

I can drink to that. As long as Corsair still keeps their kick ass products and customer service, then that is all I care about.

Only fools do not BACKUP their DATA!

"Everyone is an expert in something. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others ignorant in your ream of expertise."
Hsvkinyodh
(15 items)
CPU
3770k @ 4.5 1.384v
Motherboard
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
GPU
GTX 1070 Gaming 2126/2249 w/ Hybrid cooler
RAM
TridentX 16GB 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic X 760W
Cooling
H105
Case
CM 690 II Adv
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Asus MG279Q - 24" 144Hz 1080p
Keyboard
Filco Majestic II w/ Cherry Reds
Audio
AKG A701
Audio
JDS Labs Objective 2
Audio
JDS Labs ODAC
▲ hide details ▲

post #98 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Prince of all Saiyans

Rep: 318 (Unique: 281)
At least my Corsair gear was pre-buyout, should keep its value. tongue.gif
post #99 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 11:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaython View Post

been trying to get replacement fans for the crappy h100i since i bought it in november and they finally sent it but ups delivered to wrong house and whom ever they delivered too still signed for it so no replacement fans for me

Why not file a claim through Ups saying i didn't sign for it, they should verify last names and see they delivered it to the wrong person. That's not corsairs fault for a misdelivery...waiting that long sure but not the delivery

post #100 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 03:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 66)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaython View Post

The H100i has already been proven to be an excellent unit with much improved fans over the last model. I don't see how it can be "crappy" as you have so intelligently put it. If it is as you claim, and they took a long time to ship them, yeah, that's on them, but if they were delivered to the wrong house, why did you not contact UPS for the misdelivery? Since you obviously know they were delivered to the wrong place, that means you had a tracking number to check delivery status. When you check the UPS.com and you see the in big green letters "DELIVERED", with someone else's signature on it and it, in fact has not been delivered to your house, that would bring up a red flag in my mind. You can then call 1-800-PICKUPS and ask to speak to a rep to check why the hell it was delivered to the wrong place. That's just me though. I take it you think your 800D is also "bs garbage"?

Excuse me sir and/or ma'am, do you have a moment to spare to hear about our Lord Titan Z?
Build Logs! (Click to show)teh lulz! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle go_quote.gif

If loving you is ROM, then I don't want to read write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose go_quote.gif

Over at Red camp, AMD managed to duct tape a decent GPU and CPU together with their APU, and are... improving the tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros go_quote.gif

So an iOS 6 user walks into a bar. Or a restaurant. Or a river... I don't even know. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_2001 go_quote.gif

Make sure the hospital updates their drivers...Might get the baby out 17% quicker...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonshorty go_quote.gif

What's next, tweeting the fire brigade?

@LocalFireDep My house is on fire LOL #yolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in