[WCCF] AMD X570 Chipset Leak - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[WCCF] AMD X570 Chipset Leak

Old 12-18-2018, 08:02 AM
New to Overclock.net
EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about EniGma1987 has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post
Will the X570 support the Ryzen 1700? Hate the X370 I've got now, rubbish to overclock with, VRM's hit 95C easy with the cores at 3.6GHz Can't even overclock my RAM another 200MHz either.

Compatibility with the older processors should be pretty much guaranteed. The VRMs also wont have much to do with the chipset on the board but rather the board itself. Just need to get one with better quality VRM, probably more VRM, and some better cooling around the VRM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2018, 08:46 AM
New to Overclock.net
NightAntilli is on a distinguished road NightAntilli is on a distinguished road NightAntilli is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post
Will the X570 support the Ryzen 1700? Hate the X370 I've got now, rubbish to overclock with, VRM's hit 95C easy with the cores at 3.6GHz Can't even overclock my RAM another 200MHz either.
Which motherboard do you have? Sounds like a cheap motherboard, or you really have a potato CPU.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:52 PM
New to Overclock.net
DNMock is an unknown quantity at this point DNMock is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post
Compatibility with the older processors should be pretty much guaranteed. The VRMs also wont have much to do with the chipset on the board but rather the board itself. Just need to get one with better quality VRM, probably more VRM, and some better cooling around the VRM.
Sounds like most every board from 2017 and 2018. Rushed products favoring style over substance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2018, 05:48 PM
Sexagenarian
pony-tail Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post
Yeah that's definitely user error and not the product's fault. This is why reviews exist.

Intel claimed the 9900k was a 95 watt TDP - yeah kind of , maybe .
If you run it completely within spec. it is not that impressive .
I put it in an ITX build and pretty much had to due to heat - bad choice yes but due to bad information .
The early youtube reviews were running it at 95 watt spec too .
was not till later that the other (hardware unboxed ) reviews came out had already ordered and paid by then .
Risks of early adoption .
Old 12-18-2018, 06:42 PM
Mr.4way SLI
Moparman is an unknown quantity at this point Moparman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post
...what? You hate a superior product because... muh AMD?

Oh yeah... muh AMD + use-case scenario (and to reply to what you're gonna say before you do, no one is saying AMD's Ryzen line-up doesn't have a better priceerf ratio - but the i9-9900k is a superior product).

Yeah that's definitely user error and not the product's fault. This is why reviews exist.

It's the simple fact that I own both and I would never buy at current pricing an intel setup having Ryzen in the market. The performance difference is not enough to justify the insane overpriced Intel chips plain and simple. Yes the 9900k clocks better than the 2700x however it doesn't give enough of a performance gain to justify the $240 cost difference. But it's your money to spend if you feel the need to pay $240 more and not get $240 more worth of performance.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
Ultracarpet is an unknown quantity at this point Ultracarpet is an unknown quantity at this point Ultracarpet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post
I put it in an ITX build and pretty much had to due to heat - bad choice yes but due to bad information .
was not till later that the other (hardware unboxed ) reviews came out had already ordered and paid by then .
I couldn't really find much info on how the z370 itx boards handled 9th gen stuff either. I have the same board and I was contemplating getting a 9700k to tide me over til the next zen stuff drops but I feel like my board wouldn't even be able to hold the turbo clocks on it...

If I put myself into the shoes of a person that doesn't frequent PC forums/isn't an enthusiast, it is even more frustrating... being forced to differentiate between boards that "support" a processor and ones that support the processor, but won't be able to actually fully utilize it because they have weak VRMs. You can watch reviews, but most reviews don't even address VRM capabilities, so now you are forced to find the right reviews... it's exhausting to be honest.

Not to mention stuff like memory speeds lol. There are probably so many people out there that buy fast memory and never enable XMP in the bios, or they do set it, but they have ryzen, so it crashes their computer unless they bought a very specific kit that looks the exact same except it is called "flare"......

User errors tho man, you gotta remember to read the dictionary before buying a book lol..

Old 12-19-2018, 07:17 AM
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about Alex132 has a spectacular aura about

So did you read what parameters Intel or AMD defines their TDP estimates within? Or are you just going off of the YouTube PC reviewer hype videos?

And then on-top of that expect it to keep the same power envelope when going out of spec?

You just ignored any information, and got upset when you did.

Nah, more like the risks of not understanding products and expecting something unrealistic.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
It's the simple fact that I own both and I would never buy at current pricing an intel setup having Ryzen in the market. The performance difference is not enough to justify the insane overpriced Intel chips plain and simple. Yes the 9900k clocks better than the 2700x however it doesn't give enough of a performance gain to justify the $240 cost difference. But it's your money to spend if you feel the need to pay $240 more and not get $240 more worth of performance.

Yeah pretty much, Ryzen does have a better priceer, and the price increase of the 9900k doesn't result in a good scaling of performance (but that's kinda how it always is with high-end products). But I don't mind spending that extra for that little bit more performance to be honest.

| This Cannot Continue | We Are Become As Gods | This Cannot Continue |

Vehicles:
Current: None.
Ex: '07 Fiat Palio, '07 Honda Accord Type-S
Yuki
(19 items)
CPU
Intel 2500K 5Ghz
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67 Pro
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB
Hard Drive
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Red 8TB
Power Supply
EVGA G3 850W
Cooling
Hyper 212
Cooling
EK Vardar fans
Case
Corsair 270R w/TG mod
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Dell u2713hm
Monitor
1200p TN
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow 2013
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Mouse
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL
Audio
Sennheiser HD650
Audio
Schiit Jotunheim Balanced DAC + Amp
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in