Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Adoredtv] Ryzen 3000, Radeon 3000 Series LEAKS - It's Game On!

126K views 1K replies 202 participants last post by  delboy67 
#1 · (Edited)

Ryzen with navi gpus, pinch of salt etc he was right about rtx

#3 · (Edited)
$130 6 core 12 thread with 4GHz turbo... that's crazy. I would expect $150ish.

~$180 8c/16t 4.4GHz turbo isn't as amazing though. R7 2700X is already 4.35GHz. The $230 4.8GHz turbo variant looks to be the chip to buy.

~$300 for 12cores / 16 threads are another highlight , especially with 5GHz.

~$450-500 16cores/32 threads is roughly TR 1950X pricing with a large speed bump to ~5GHz
--->You need a B550 or X570 motherboard for Ryzen 9

The main competitor is the 8c/16t with IGPU that has 20CU for $200. You can't beat that on value. Even an i5 costs you $200ish already.

---------------

GPU wise:

RX 3060 4GB GDDR6 (Navi12) , 75W with RX 580 performance for $130 vs GTX 2050 / GTX 1060 <--- a major OEM win for all weak PSU desktops

RX 3070 8GB GDDR6 (Navi12) , 120W with VEGA 56 performance for $200 vs GTX 2060 / GTX 1070

RX 3080 8GB GDDR6 (Navi10), 150W with VEGA 64 +15% for $250 vs GTX 2070 / GTX 1080

#6 ·
~$300 for 12cores / 16 threads are another highlight , especially with 5GHz.

The main competitor is the 8c/16t with IGPU that has 20CU for $200. You can't beat that on value. Even an i5 costs you $200ish already.

---------------

GPU wise: RX 3070 8GB GDDR6 (Navi12) , 120W with VEGA 56 performance for $200 vs GTX 2060 / GTX 1070

my interests are piqued.
good CPU with a good clock speed, but i doubt it'd be all-core 5Ghz.
the APU has potential to be completely stand-alone, if the 20CU IGP can at least match up to their RX560.

#5 ·
If true AMD could take a good chunk of the market seeing Intel has crap all and might not have crap all till 2020.

But... AMD need to kick the motherboard manufactures in the ass, we have a handful of semi decent boards, most of them are the stupidly expensive high end ATX, mATX and ITX don't really have much, sure some have nice features but the power delivery and cooling of that power delivery on most boards is laughable.

#7 ·
But... AMD need to kick the motherboard manufactures in the ass, we have a handful of semi decent boards, most of them are the stupidly expensive high end ATX, mATX and ITX don't really have much, sure some have nice features but the power delivery and cooling of that power delivery on most boards is laughable.
What AMD needs is to make reference motherboards.

#9 · (Edited)
AMD!
AMD!
AMD!
AMD!
AMD!
AMD!

I wonder what the IPC increase will be on top of all the other cherries.

and boy do I want one of these R9 3080s!

#42 ·
13% from AMD themselves at the epyc reveal. Haven't been this excited about hardware in a long time.

#12 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Until it's officially announced i won't hope for a core count bump this gen. I'll take those clock speeds though.

Agreed. The core counts were gravy. I want the clock speed. If the cores counts in this leak aren't accurate, but the clock speeds are, or close; with a nice lil bump in IPC, I would be very happy.

#16 ·
Well the 2600x is like a slower 8700k...in some stuff yeah it probably is threaded like that and close...and for that deal. Make 3rd a little faster.

#18 ·
I didn't see anything that was too far fetched, except maybe clocks speeds.

AMD have already shown chiplets on their EPYC line, so we know they have that. It just makes sense to use it also on Ryzen. I can definitely see them binning the chiplets for clocks speed and core count. They're already binning current Ryzen chips, as seen in Ryzen Master which shows you your best cores. Clock speeds are almost guaranteed to get a bump due to the die shrink and improved processes.

One thing that did concern me was his speculation that a x500 series board will be required for the high end parts. I just bought a CH7 just because of the ridiculous VRM in anticipation of upgrading to a 16 core in the future. I don't want to be limited arbitrarily just because some manufacturers are cheaping out on the VRM. Though it might be handled similarly to the 9900k where they limit the TDP of the chip if the VRM on the board sucks.

I'm also curious if the core and the chiplets will have independent clock control. Could make for a more interesting overclocking situation.

#20 ·
Ill keep some salt handy, but those clocks look a bit on the high side. Alot of cores though at still competitive pricing, Intel may have to take a back seat for next year but time will tell.

7nm yields could be working out good for AMD who knows, CES will have some buzz for once this year maybe.

#21 ·
I think AMD will push the lead with Ryzen 9. Its a given. They can't leave it on the table. That rumour 10 Core Intel is there for a reason. Can't wait to finally upgrade my 3770K. I have jumped from 1 Core to 4 Core and now 16C.

#23 ·
This is the cpu I've been waiting for... can't wait until we get confirmation. Until then, salt is on hand.

#44 ·
NOW WHO SAID THAT 16C/32T WONT COME TO MAINSTREAM! WHO?
Me. :p

I think 16C may be too much for AM4 or at least be heavily crippled compared to Threadripper. Chiplets + I/O (with heavy caching) may alleviate some of it, but with dual-channel memory the CPU is going to be memory-starved. Apart from Prime 95, how many desktop workloads are out there which require huge multi-core CPU performance but not decent memory bandwidth? I can see 16C on AM5 because DDR5 will have the bandwidth for it to be worthwhile. In light of Intel's rumoured 10-core plus the fact of the 1950X being the best selling Threadripper, I think AM4 may see 12C, but not 16C.

I think AMD will push the lead with Ryzen 9. Its a given. They can't leave it on the table. That rumour 10 Core Intel is there for a reason. Can't wait to finally upgrade my 3770K. I have jumped from 1 Core to 4 Core and now 16C.
Quick question for those who may remember: when the original Threadripper rumours started, was it ever referred to as Ryzen 9?

#26 ·
With Chiplets coming to mainstream CPUs this could also be big news for consoles.
There's going to be tons of low binned chips readily available to slap into mass produced boxes.
For the first time ever we could see consoles actually share real desktop hardware.

I still expect 8 cores on PS5 but now I'd guess that's using two binned 6 core chiplets.

#28 ·
Hopefully we are close to these and we have a huge winner. Loving AMD these days.

#29 ·
Just wish there gpu's would return too. But I'll take one competitive front over none.

#31 ·
Who's glad they don't have a 9900k? Lol

#34 ·
I am going to sit in a corner and sulk !
I just bought a new motherboard and CPU for my gaming rig ( only a couple of days ago ) - X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI / R5 2600x.
It will get slaughtered by this new stuff - With any luck being AMD not intel I may be able to re-use the mobo.
The video says all but the r9 will be backwards compatible but we will see

#37 ·
Yay!
2019 looks like a good year to build a pc rig!

#39 ·
Genuinely curious and somewhat excited to know if the Ryzen 3 CPUs are truly going to be the core-count kings from here on. Would be an interesting thing if Ryzen 3 would then go toe to toe against Core i5s on a value proposition... Like... there is no way that Intel can compete.

#41 ·
Looks like I'll be upgrading in 2019.

#50 ·
There wouldn't be much reason to spin three dies for that. We already know the 7 nm 8C die is absolutely tiny based on the pictures of the Rome sample we were shown.

I would expect that parts calling for 4, 6, or 12 cores would still use 8C dies but have cores disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.