[Adoredtv] Ryzen 3000, Radeon 3000 Series LEAKS - It's Game On! - Page 93 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Adoredtv] Ryzen 3000, Radeon 3000 Series LEAKS - It's Game On!

 
Thread Tools
post #921 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:35 PM
MegaTechPC
 
Majin SSJ Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saint Simons Island, GA
Posts: 19,208
Rep: 1092 (Unique: 517)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
After looking at current prices, I think I'm going for the R7 1700. At $160 that's simply too good a deal to pass up, even if it is an older CPU. I will get either an X470 Taichi or an X470 ROG Strix. That way, I can (hopefully) at a later date update to the most powerful CPU available on the socket. If that's the 3000 series, so be it. If it's the 4000 series, even better. I'll be stuck with DDR4 for a while, but I can live with that. And PCI-E 5.0 won't likely give me any performance boosts anyway.
Dude, you're coming from an 8320; that 1700 is going to absolutely light your hair on fire, regardless of how old it is!! Ryzen 1 was a revolutionary leap forward for AMD's CPU division and if you don't care much about high OC's should provide you with all the performance you could possibly need, especially at the kind of price you are getting it for. An OC'd 1700 will basically net you performance parity with something like a 5960X which is still insanely great performance for all applications even today...


3DMark11 - P25138
3DMark Firestrike - P20998

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res


Majin SSJ Eric is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #922 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:17 AM
mfw
 
ToTheSun!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Terra
Posts: 6,997
Rep: 392 (Unique: 204)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
That's a pretty amazing accomplishment. What's left to shoot for once you've been tweeted directly?
The sky's the limit!

I mean literally - let's shoot Jim into open space and leave him there.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
ToTheSun! is offline  
post #923 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 01:26 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
SpacemanSpliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: "...somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert..."
Posts: 835
Rep: 41 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
After looking at current prices, I think I'm going for the R7 1700. At $160 that's simply too good a deal to pass up, even if it is an older CPU. I will get either an X470 Taichi or an X470 ROG Strix. That way, I can (hopefully) at a later date update to the most powerful CPU available on the socket. If that's the 3000 series, so be it. If it's the 4000 series, even better. I'll be stuck with DDR4 for a while, but I can live with that. And PCI-E 5.0 won't likely give me any performance boosts anyway.
If you live reasonably close to a MicroCenter, they have the 1700X for $149.99 right now. One catch, if you're running a Version of Windows 7 or 8, and you don't want to upgrade to 10 yet, you should anticipate having to do some extra legwork with your existing OS install and ensure that you have the latest AMD USB 3.0 drivers in advance of installing the new CPU and motherboard. Ultimately, you'll still eventually need to upgrade to 10, as it will not allow you to do further Windows updates on the older versions once you install a Ryzen CPU and motherboard. That and it has officially been announced that after January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7.

Also, don't rule out a B450 motherboard. The only real reason I have seen for getting the X-x70 series boards is if you intend to use 5 or more SATA devices AND want to have an NVMe boot drive, or if you want to run an SLI rig. B450 supports Crossfire, but not SLI. Yet with multi-GPU configs now entirely at the mercy of each individual title's development teams, Crossfire and SLI are essentially obsolete. As fas as NVMe support, the X series boards tend to only sacrifice one SATA port per NVMe device, while the B series boards usually sacrifice 2 ports per device. Outside of that, the B series boards still handle overclocking very well given your case has reasonable air flow.

Likely reasons we're going to see the release of and push for X570 boards will be for more streamlined native PCIe4.0 support and beefed up power delivery as it seems all but certain that there will be 12 and/or 16 core variants of Ryzen 3000 series. In all honestly, I think we'll likely see the Zen 2 refresh (Ryzen 4000 series) and the 600 series motherboards announced and released about the same time as PCIe 4.0 GPUs, so that's really seems like an entirely subjective upgrade, at least based off of what AMD has confirmed so far.

Quote: Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post
Dude, you're coming from an 8320; that 1700 is going to absolutely light your hair on fire, regardless of how old it is!! Ryzen 1 was a revolutionary leap forward for AMD's CPU division and if you don't care much about high OC's should provide you with all the performance you could possibly need, especially at the kind of price you are getting it for. An OC'd 1700 will basically net you performance parity with something like a 5960X which is still insanely great performance for all applications even today...
What Majin said for sure. As a stop gap upgrade (and it's what will eventually be the guts of my NAS tower, so why not buy it and enjoy a short term boost till my 4K build this fall lol?) I went from a Haswell i5 to a Ryzen 5-1600 and gained an average of 25 fps in more modern titles like AC Odyssey, Battlefield V, and Far Cry 5... and that Haswell stomped my old FX-8120 into the dirt.

The Spaceman abides... thumb.gif

A right understanding that death is nothing to us makes the mortality of life enjoyable, not because it adds to it an infinite span of time, but because it takes away the craving for immortality. For there is nothing terrible in life for the man who has truly comprehended that there is nothing terrible in not living. ~Epicurus
SpacemanSpliff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #924 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:47 AM
News Fiend
 
ryan92084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: 'merica
Posts: 2,067
Quote: Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post
AMD has said they will support AM4 until 2020. So the socket is over halfway through its life already. Many people assume that means they are promised "Zen3" support on the socket but that isnt necessarily true. AMD could release this Zen2/Ryzen3000 series and then next year follow it up with a Zen2+ built on the new EUV enhanced 7nm node, or even not release a node updated design and just go straight with a 16 core model sometime next year. So just be aware that this may *possibly* be the last arch generation available on the AM4 socket, even if a 7nm+ design does bring small speed improvements.



2020 is when we should be getting "AM5" socket if everything stays on track, which will have DDR5 memory and probably upgraded to PCI-E 5.0 as well. The release of this socket will probably have more to do with if the memory vendors are on track or not, rather than if AMD is on track. DDR5 was supposed to release last year, and it was delayed until this year. Now there is talk of delays till 2020. Which with DDR5 being pushed back so much, AMD may be forced to make a Zen3 design and support AM4 through 2021-2022
Zen3 is still "on track" to be done before the end of 2020 with no sign of any + between. Of course they could still pull an am4+ and have it work on old boards except xxx features or save the ryzen version of zen3 for 2021, we'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AMD-Zen-CPU-roadmap.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	250120  


Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲


ryan92084 is offline  
post #925 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:53 AM
The Challenger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,169
Rep: 286 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post
Dude, you're coming from an 8320; that 1700 is going to absolutely light your hair on fire, regardless of how old it is!! Ryzen 1 was a revolutionary leap forward for AMD's CPU division and if you don't care much about high OC's should provide you with all the performance you could possibly need, especially at the kind of price you are getting it for. An OC'd 1700 will basically net you performance parity with something like a 5960X which is still insanely great performance for all applications even today...
I tend to avoid getting overly exited when I'm making my purchases, simply in order to try and make as rational a decision as possible. I'm not really interested in OC'ing this time though. I OC'd my FX because I really needed to. I will be getting fast RAM though, in order to get the most out of the CPU out of the box.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpacemanSpliff View Post
If you live reasonably close to a MicroCenter, they have the 1700X for $149.99 right now. One catch, if you're running a Version of Windows 7 or 8, and you don't want to upgrade to 10 yet, you should anticipate having to do some extra legwork with your existing OS install and ensure that you have the latest AMD USB 3.0 drivers in advance of installing the new CPU and motherboard. Ultimately, you'll still eventually need to upgrade to 10, as it will not allow you to do further Windows updates on the older versions once you install a Ryzen CPU and motherboard. That and it has officially been announced that after January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7.
I run Windows 10, so that won't be an issue. I don't live anywhere near a MicroCenter considering I live in Curaçao lol. But I generally order from the US and have it shipped to my country. But obviously I'm limited to online shopping & shipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpacemanSpliff View Post
Also, don't rule out a B450 motherboard. The only real reason I have seen for getting the X-x70 series boards is if you intend to use 5 or more SATA devices AND want to have an NVMe boot drive, or if you want to run an SLI rig. B450 supports Crossfire, but not SLI. Yet with multi-GPU configs now entirely at the mercy of each individual title's development teams, Crossfire and SLI are essentially obsolete. As fas as NVMe support, the X series boards tend to only sacrifice one SATA port per NVMe device, while the B series boards usually sacrifice 2 ports per device. Outside of that, the B series boards still handle overclocking very well given your case has reasonable air flow.
Actually, I'm simply trying to get a board with an extremely good VRM, which will increase the chances of it having better compatibility with newer CPUs on the AM4 socket. There's no B450 board that has a VRM quality equivalent to the X470 Taichi, or X470-F ROG Strix, or Gigabyte Gaming 7. I think it's going to be the Taichi. It costs a bit, but it should be fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpacemanSpliff View Post
Likely reasons we're going to see the release of and push for X570 boards will be for more streamlined native PCIe4.0 support and beefed up power delivery as it seems all but certain that there will be 12 and/or 16 core variants of Ryzen 3000 series. In all honestly, I think we'll likely see the Zen 2 refresh (Ryzen 4000 series) and the 600 series motherboards announced and released about the same time as PCIe 4.0 GPUs, so that's really seems like an entirely subjective upgrade, at least based off of what AMD has confirmed so far.
Those features don't really interest me that much at this point. I think AMD will include something else to keep motherboard makers happy though, because why would anyone by a 500 series chipset instead of the 400 series if those are the only upgraded features? StoreMI is something that could push some people to get a 400 series over the 300 series, for example.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpacemanSpliff View Post
What Majin said for sure. As a stop gap upgrade (and it's what will eventually be the guts of my NAS tower, so why not buy it and enjoy a short term boost till my 4K build this fall lol?) I went from a Haswell i5 to a Ryzen 5-1600 and gained an average of 25 fps in more modern titles like AC Odyssey, Battlefield V, and Far Cry 5... and that Haswell stomped my old FX-8120 into the dirt.
Are you planning to upgrade to a 3000 series CPU? Or is the 1600 more than sufficient for you at this point? I'm actually in doubt if I should go for the 1700 or the 2600. They're practically the same price.

Last edited by NightAntilli; 01-29-2019 at 05:46 AM.
NightAntilli is offline  
post #926 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 05:26 AM
Indentified! On the Way!!
 
LancerVI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,596
Rep: 153 (Unique: 114)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
Are you planning to upgrade to a 3000 series CPU? Or is the 1600 more than sufficient for you at this point? I'm actually in doubt if I should go for the 1700 or the 2600. They're practically the same price.
I believe memory support is better with 2600. My 2700x can get my 3600 kit to 3400 with no problems. 1st gen Ryzen had more extensive problems with highspeed kits, IIRC.
LancerVI is offline  
post #927 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 05:58 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 31
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
My R7 1800X works great with gskill ripjaws v [email protected]@[email protected] from September 2017. Before from March to September I had Corsair 3000 kit with Hynix chips and in first two months was problem to get it higher than 2933 but after August it works at 3200. First Corsair kit was with MFR chips and after 2 months one stick died. After RMA got another kit with AFR chips and that was better and worked at [email protected]@1.38V.

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
nesham is offline  
post #928 of 1013 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 12:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
SpacemanSpliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: "...somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert..."
Posts: 835
Rep: 41 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
Are you planning to upgrade to a 3000 series CPU? Or is the 1600 more than sufficient for you at this point? I'm actually in doubt if I should go for the 1700 or the 2600. They're practically the same price.
I will be getting a Ryzen 7-3000 series for the 4K build I'm doing later this year. I had already planned on doing a 65w Ryzen 5 platform for my data storage server / photo-editing tower which is why I went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting my 1600 when the Christmas deals were going on. The Haswell i5 was really showing how long in the teeth it's getting for gaming by strugglling to even push mid 50s for FPS in AAA titles. For 1080p, the Ryzen 5s do just great, but it you are considering moving up to 1440p or 4K, or even high refresh rate on 1080p in the future, I think the Ryzen 7 will give you a stronger base to upgrade from.

In regards to memory performance, even on 1st gen Ryzen, the BIOS and chipset driver support for memory controllers has greatly improved. That being said, lots of folks are able to hit the 3400-3600 range with 2nd Gen Ryzen. I plugged my kit in, and only had to enable the SPD profile and it ran at rated speeds on 1.35v with no adjustments needed. I think I hit the upper end of the silicon lottery for a first gen chip though. My 1600 will run stable 4025 MHz @ 1.375v, and with a 240mm AIO it peaks at ~68C at full load. I have it dialed back to 3.9GHz on 1.325v for everyday use and gaming and it never gets above 60C. I was also able to achieve and decent RAM OC and tighten up the timings some. The memory was factory profiled to run at 16-18-18-38 at 3000 and it's stable at 15-15-15-30 at 3333, but it took bumping the voltage up from 1.35 to 1.45.

The Spaceman abides... thumb.gif

A right understanding that death is nothing to us makes the mortality of life enjoyable, not because it adds to it an infinite span of time, but because it takes away the craving for immortality. For there is nothing terrible in life for the man who has truly comprehended that there is nothing terrible in not living. ~Epicurus

Last edited by SpacemanSpliff; 01-30-2019 at 12:17 AM.
SpacemanSpliff is offline  
post #929 of 1013 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:04 AM
Manual breath enabled
 
Streetdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In my celler
Posts: 1,195
Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Is in German, so maybe you need a translator:
https://www.pcbuildersclub.com/en/20...50x-costs-560/

Tldr.:


A list of 10 Ryzen 3000 Cpus got "leaked" on a Singapore side. More or less are the same informations as AdoredTV said. Maybe the side just copied the informations. Dont know, but would be nice if its true

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Streetdragon is offline  
post #930 of 1013 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 72
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Streetdragon View Post
Is in German, so maybe you need a translator:
https://www.pcbuildersclub.com/en/20...50x-costs-560/

Tldr.:


A list of 10 Ryzen 3000 Cpus got "leaked" on a Singapore side. More or less are the same informations as AdoredTV said. Maybe the side just copied the informations. Dont know, but would be nice if its true
I would still take everything with a grain of salt, but doesn't AMD have a press conference sometime this month dedicated to the new ryzen chip? I forgot the dates of it, but I am sure we will get all the info them, but if the leaks are true and the 3700x can do what it actually says for that price point that would be major.

Here are the prices translated into USD.
Price:$99 $129 $129 $178 $229 $199 $299 $329 $449
agatong55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off