[wccftech] Microsoft Rumored to be Working on 4 Different New Xbox Consoles for Release in 2019/2020 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[wccftech] Microsoft Rumored to be Working on 4 Different New Xbox Consoles for Release in 2019/2020

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 03:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
AllenG Level 1
 
AllenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 546
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
That's a pretty ridiculous response. A next gen Xbox with a high and low end model is exactly what Microsoft and Sony are already doing. Why not do it again for the next gen? It's a strategy that is working well for both companies. I swear when people complain about getting more options it makes me so frustrated. How can you be that thick?
Because they are getting greedy with what should be standard features. This is going to be 19, 20... there is no reason to be holding most of these features back. Move forward, and tap the market in a different way already. It's not the fact of getting more options, its the fact that the top of the line option is really what it should be standard, and the rest of the options are downgrades to 2013 technology to fill a price point that is ridiculous still in the first place. I don't understand how people don't complain about getting more "options" that are basically trash in a price point that is what would be considered NORMAL. Make the options actually give some upgrade, more cpu, more ram, better gpu, etc. Not deplete us of normal features. This is just a money grab, everything but the topend console can be matched with an old gen xbox one. That's ridiculous rape any way you look at it.

CPU
i7 990x @ 4.69GHz
Motherboard
Asus Rampage III Extreme
GPU
EVGA GTX780 FTW ACX 2.0 3GB
RAM
12 GB Samsung DDR3L @ 2100Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid0 On LSI 9207
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 512gb
Hard Drive
PSN across 10Gb Fiber
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
Power Supply
Corsair 850HX
Cooling
DTek Fuzion V2 CPU Block w/ Quad Insert
Cooling
Laing D5 pump {2MT}
Cooling
2 x Black Ice Pro 240 Radiators {2MT}
Cooling
EK Full Cover RIIIE Nickel/Acetal Block
Case
Lian Li PC-A10B
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Enterprise X64
Monitor
Monoprice 27in WQHD IPS
Keyboard
Das Keyboard Model S
Audio
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Platinum
Other
LSI 9207-8i SAS6G Raid Controller
Other
Intel XF SR 10Gb Fiber Adapter
CPU
Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard
MSI PC Mate Z97
GPU
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 4GB
RAM
8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
256 GB Plextor M6 SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 640GB Raid0
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 620W
Cooling
Corsair H50
Case
Old Antec
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise x64
Monitor
Changhong 42in 1080p TV
Keyboard
HP Wireless Keyboard & Thumb tracker
Mouse
HP Wireless Keyboard & Thumb tracker
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality
CPU
Intel Xeon x5687 @ 3.6GHZ
CPU
Intel Xeon x5687 @ 3.6GHZ
Motherboard
Supermicro X8DT6-F
GPU
EVGA GT630 2GB
GPU
EVGA GT630 1GB
RAM
24GB Hynix DDR3 1333 2R-X4 ECC
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 620W
Cooling
Intel LGA1366 HDX Cooler for Extreme Edition CPU
Cooling
Intel LGA1366 HDX Cooler for Extreme Edition CPU
Case
CM Stacker
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64
Monitor
Qnix QX2410R DP
▲ hide details ▲
AllenG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie
UltraMega Level 1
 
UltraMega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 445
Quote: Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
Because they are getting greedy with what should be standard features. This is going to be 19, 20... there is no reason to be holding most of these features back. Move forward, and tap the market in a different way already. It's not the fact of getting more options, its the fact that the top of the line option is really what it should be standard, and the rest of the options are downgrades to 2013 technology to fill a price point that is ridiculous still in the first place. I don't understand how people don't complain about getting more "options" that are basically trash in a price point that is what would be considered NORMAL. Make the options actually give some upgrade, more cpu, more ram, better gpu, etc. Not deplete us of normal features. This is just a money grab, everything but the topend console can be matched with an old gen xbox one. That's ridiculous rape any way you look at it.
What features are being lost?

You're not being even remotely logical.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
UltraMega is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net
AllenG Level 1
 
AllenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 546
haha. Just wait till the actual specs and price points drop, "1080p" console that will hold ~ 30fps with no disc reader... Some 2013 stuff right there, redacted at that. We are gonna get jipped, mark my words. I guess I've already said too much apparently, as i cant seem to find anymore info online just yet. What i know can only be considered hear-say at this point... but from what i can tell in the trends of tech it probably will reign true.

CPU
i7 990x @ 4.69GHz
Motherboard
Asus Rampage III Extreme
GPU
EVGA GTX780 FTW ACX 2.0 3GB
RAM
12 GB Samsung DDR3L @ 2100Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid0 On LSI 9207
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 512gb
Hard Drive
PSN across 10Gb Fiber
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
Power Supply
Corsair 850HX
Cooling
DTek Fuzion V2 CPU Block w/ Quad Insert
Cooling
Laing D5 pump {2MT}
Cooling
2 x Black Ice Pro 240 Radiators {2MT}
Cooling
EK Full Cover RIIIE Nickel/Acetal Block
Case
Lian Li PC-A10B
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Enterprise X64
Monitor
Monoprice 27in WQHD IPS
Keyboard
Das Keyboard Model S
Audio
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Platinum
Other
LSI 9207-8i SAS6G Raid Controller
Other
Intel XF SR 10Gb Fiber Adapter
CPU
Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard
MSI PC Mate Z97
GPU
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 4GB
RAM
8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
256 GB Plextor M6 SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 640GB Raid0
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 620W
Cooling
Corsair H50
Case
Old Antec
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise x64
Monitor
Changhong 42in 1080p TV
Keyboard
HP Wireless Keyboard & Thumb tracker
Mouse
HP Wireless Keyboard & Thumb tracker
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality
CPU
Intel Xeon x5687 @ 3.6GHZ
CPU
Intel Xeon x5687 @ 3.6GHZ
Motherboard
Supermicro X8DT6-F
GPU
EVGA GT630 2GB
GPU
EVGA GT630 1GB
RAM
24GB Hynix DDR3 1333 2R-X4 ECC
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 620W
Cooling
Intel LGA1366 HDX Cooler for Extreme Edition CPU
Cooling
Intel LGA1366 HDX Cooler for Extreme Edition CPU
Case
CM Stacker
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64
Monitor
Qnix QX2410R DP
▲ hide details ▲
AllenG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie
UltraMega Level 1
 
UltraMega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 445
Quote: Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
haha. Just wait till the actual specs and price points drop, "1080p" console that will hold ~ 30fps with no disc reader... Some 2013 stuff right there, redacted at that. We are gonna get jipped, mark my words. I guess I've already said too much apparently, as i cant seem to find anymore info online just yet. What i know can only be considered hear-say at this point... but from what i can tell in the trends of tech it probably will reign true.
There is literally no basis for this kind of thinking. Video game consoles have been loss leaders (meaning sold for less than they cost to make) for most of the last two decades. 4 consoles to choose from and you're still worried about getting skimped. This is just proof that some people are never happy with certain things.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
UltraMega is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:25 PM
New to Overclock.net
AllenG Level 1
 
AllenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 546
No basis for that kind of thinking? What do you even mean? Who are you to decide what the basis of someones thinking is? I've applied logic, reason, and some minor knowledge... more than i can say for your posts so far. All i've read so far from you is a parroting of an article, and some random idea that console industry takes a loss... which i and the world know for a fact is not true.

If you think that is true, even for one second... i don't even know what to say or tell you. These companies are not doing this for a loss, or even a marginal profit... if that were the case we would have been pushed out of consoles years ago. Yes, as a matter of fact i am worried about paying for trash. It's a trend, and not a good one at that. Ran a first gen x58 till 2017 because of paying again for 10% more, that doesn't even work right and is trash is plain freaking stupid. Same thing here. It's the people who think like you currently are that are letting all of our tech come up short when it shouldn't be. No one should be happy with the state of things, the fact that people are is what is allowing inflated prices on things that aren't up to snuff, or even ready for market for that matter. Just gobble it up, because it's new... forget the fact that it didn't really change anything, and is probably riddled with more problems. Bust out that wallet anyways.

CPU
i7 990x @ 4.69GHz
Motherboard
Asus Rampage III Extreme
GPU
EVGA GTX780 FTW ACX 2.0 3GB
RAM
12 GB Samsung DDR3L @ 2100Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid0 On LSI 9207
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 512gb
Hard Drive
PSN across 10Gb Fiber
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
Power Supply
Corsair 850HX
Cooling
DTek Fuzion V2 CPU Block w/ Quad Insert
Cooling
Laing D5 pump {2MT}
Cooling
2 x Black Ice Pro 240 Radiators {2MT}
Cooling
EK Full Cover RIIIE Nickel/Acetal Block
Case
Lian Li PC-A10B
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Enterprise X64
Monitor
Monoprice 27in WQHD IPS
Keyboard
Das Keyboard Model S
Audio
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Platinum
Other
LSI 9207-8i SAS6G Raid Controller
Other
Intel XF SR 10Gb Fiber Adapter
CPU
Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard
MSI PC Mate Z97
GPU
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 4GB
RAM
8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
256 GB Plextor M6 SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 640GB Raid0
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 620W
Cooling
Corsair H50
Case
Old Antec
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise x64
Monitor
Changhong 42in 1080p TV
Keyboard
HP Wireless Keyboard & Thumb tracker
Mouse
HP Wireless Keyboard & Thumb tracker
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality
CPU
Intel Xeon x5687 @ 3.6GHZ
CPU
Intel Xeon x5687 @ 3.6GHZ
Motherboard
Supermicro X8DT6-F
GPU
EVGA GT630 2GB
GPU
EVGA GT630 1GB
RAM
24GB Hynix DDR3 1333 2R-X4 ECC
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 620W
Cooling
Intel LGA1366 HDX Cooler for Extreme Edition CPU
Cooling
Intel LGA1366 HDX Cooler for Extreme Edition CPU
Case
CM Stacker
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64
Monitor
Qnix QX2410R DP
▲ hide details ▲
AllenG is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Iconoclast
Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about Blameless has a spectacular aura about
 
Blameless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 29,948
Losing the optical disc makes sense; they are extremely bulky for their storage capacity and a prime point of failure. There should just be a few USB ports and maybe an SD card reader.

However, I think splitting the platform into four different segments is probably unwise, and will certainly not be good for consumers. Two models should suffice: the budget one, and the high-end one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post
More options are not always good. Ever hear of the Steam Machine? How many options were there that only served to confuse the consumer. Mom or dad wants simple and all these options will just complicate things and they'll just go for a simpler option like Playstation.

What it looks like to me is that they want to create different tiers of products where they can charge a premium for what use to be an all inclusive console a la Nvidia. For example instead of the console that had everything for $400 (GTX 580) now it will be $600 and the cut down versions will be priced incrementally lower.
More or less my thoughts on this topic as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
The steam machines didn't work out because steam OS was a terrible, terrible idea made by a company that doesnt listen to its customers and was afraid of the windows store. Comparing it to the Xbox just makes no sense.
I'm afraid of the Windows Store. Steam too.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson
Haswell-E
(15 items)
Broadwell-E
(11 items)
Westmere
(13 items)
CPU
5820K @ 4.25/4.125GHz core/uncore, 1.21/1.2v
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion (F23c + updated microcode)
GPU
Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti (F3P) @ 2025/1485(5940), 1.031v
RAM
4x4GiB Crucial @ 2667, 12-11-12-26-T1, 1.39v
Hard Drive
Plextor M6e 128GB (fw 1.06) M.2 (PCI-E 2.0 2x)
Hard Drive
2x Crucial M4 256GB
Hard Drive
4x WD Scorpio Black 500GB
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Platinum (SSR-850PX)
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S + 2x Thermalright TY-143
Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Monitor
BenQ BL3200PT
Keyboard
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless (MX Brown)
Mouse
Logitech G402
Audio
Realtek ALC1150 + M-Audio AV40
CPU
i7-6800K @ 4.2(4.1)/3.4GHz core(AVX)/uncore, 1.345/1.15v
Motherboard
ASRock X99 OC Formula (P3.40)
GPU
MSI GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC @ 1950/1485MHz, 1.043v
RAM
4x4GiB Crucial DDR4-2400 @ 11-13-12-28-T2, 1.33v
Hard Drive
Intel 600p 256GB NVMe
Hard Drive
2x HGST Travelstar 7k1000 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000x
Cooling
Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct + TY-143
Case
Fractal Design Define R4
Operating System
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX
CPU
X5670 @ 4.3/3.7GHz core/uncore, 1.36 vcore, 1.35 qpi/vtt
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 r2.0 w/FF3mod10 BIOS
GPU
Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+ @ 1080/545, 1.275vGPU/1.394vHBM
RAM
2x Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US @ 2050, 10-11-11-30-T1, 1.52v
RAM
1x Crucial BLT4G3D1608ET3LX0 @ 2050, 10-11-11-30-T1, 1.52v
Hard Drive
OCZ (Toshiba) Trion 150 120GB
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 120GB
Hard Drive
3x Hitachi Deskstar 7k1000.C 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-860XP2
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Fractal Design Define R5
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
Audio
ASUS Xonar DS
▲ hide details ▲
Blameless is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 02:41 AM
mfw
ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about
 
ToTheSun!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Terra
Posts: 5,958
Quote: Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
Ran a first gen x58 till 2017 because of paying again for 10% more, that doesn't even work right and is trash is plain freaking stupid.
Depending on specific use case, the newest CPU's from Intel and AMD handily beat the 990X. However, since we're talking about consoles, I'm going to assume you meant gaming.

WAY before 2017, Intel's platforms more modern than x58 were obliterating the latter in games. I'm not really sure where you got the 10% from, unless you've only been looking at VERY GPU bound benchmarks on 60 Hz monitors.

As for the "doesn't even work right" comment, I'm not sure what you mean. Seemed fine all the way from here, with the obvious exception being the 9900K, which had some problems with motherboard settings running it beyond spec by default.

Regarding your "paying more for X% [...] is plain freaking stupid" remark, I disagree. This is a hobby, and it contributes a fair amount to an enthusiast's happiness. Investing in one's happiness, I think, is important.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Cooler Master Quickfire TK
Mouse
Corepadded Logitech G703
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP510
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by ToTheSun!; 12-20-2018 at 02:45 AM.
ToTheSun! is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 03:27 AM
New to Overclock.net
white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about white owl has a spectacular aura about
 
white owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The land of Nod
Posts: 4,772
Quote: Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
No basis for that kind of thinking? What do you even mean? Who are you to decide what the basis of someones thinking is? I've applied logic, reason, and some minor knowledge... more than i can say for your posts so far. All i've read so far from you is a parroting of an article, and some random idea that console industry takes a loss... which i and the world know for a fact is not true.
Fact huh?

https://www.investopedia.com/article...g-consoles.asp
Quote:
One reason why companies sell the consoles at a loss initially is to lure customers into buying them and then try to make up for the losses through each game sold, as well as online subscriptions.

While you're wrong, Mega is also wrong but only about this one little part.
Consoles are sold at a loss initially...for a long time usually. They have to be just like everything else that's mass produced. To be able to build these things you need custom parts which must be bought in bulk. The more you buy the more you save plus there is also your own assembly requirements involving large purchases to get up and running. The longer you make and sell consoles the more you're able to profit in the long run.
As for why there are two performance tiers of consoles...wow I can't believe this needs to be explained...some people want to spend less money and play the new games they want and others are fine paying a bit more and getting a better experience. Saying that a 4k/60fps capable box should be "the standard" is just preposterous especially at the reasonable price point consoles are sold at. If you only offer the highest tier many people aren't going to want to pay for performance they don't need and xbox is in no place to turn down customers. Can anyone think of a single reason you'd prefer an xbox? They have what, 3 exclusives? What can you get from them that you can't get from Sony (who will also sell you an entry level console).
And to assume that their entry level console will equate to their current entry level console is also silly. Why blow millions on new hardware that isn't faster than the last? And how do you sell it with no exclusives?


4 different consoles is a bit much though, the only reason the disc drive is an issue is because gamers want to sell their used games or simply like having half the game on a disc for some reason. We (PC) haven't relied on discs for about a decade now lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
white owl is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 04:00 AM
mfw
ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about ToTheSun! has a spectacular aura about
 
ToTheSun!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Terra
Posts: 5,958
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
The more you buy the more you save
Jensen, is that you?

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Cooler Master Quickfire TK
Mouse
Corepadded Logitech G703
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP510
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
ToTheSun! is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 11:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
Pendulum Level 1
 
Pendulum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,195
The decision to make a digital only console and a cloud console separate devices is a bit weird. A low-end and high-end system is also a good idea for those who are in a tight budget or can't take advantage of 4K or high refresh rates.

I'm really curious what Microsoft's roadmap looks like throughout the 2020s. In the end everything will be digital only and MS will merge XBL and Windows gaming completely and all their games will be fully cross-platform.

Perpetual 21:9
(13 items)
CPU
i7 6700K 4.4GHz
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 ACX SC 2050MHz
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ 16GB 3000MHz CAS-15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W
Cooling
Corsair H115i
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic
Monitor
LG 34UC79G-B 34" 144Hz w/ ULMB
Keyboard
Corsair K65 RGB
Mouse
Zowie FK2
Mouse
Steelseries QcK Mass
Audio
ATH M50x
▲ hide details ▲
Pendulum is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off