[MacRumors] Apple Said to Release 31.6-Inch 6K Display With Mini LED-Like Backlight Design in 2019 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[MacRumors] Apple Said to Release 31.6-Inch 6K Display With Mini LED-Like Backlight Design in 2019

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
Always remember before buying apple products, apple is the company that tries to sue repair shops because apple designs everything to have planned obsolescence and hates when people try to get around that. This is why their nvme slots are apple only slots even though they are functionally identical. Just little changes to make it impossible for you to upgrade/repair your own hardware.

As far as I'm concerned, no one should support this very anti-consumer tech company.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 28)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
Always remember before buying apple products, apple is the company that tries to sue repair shops because apple designs everything to have planned obsolescence and hates when people try to get around that. This is why their nvme slots are apple only slots even though they are functionally identical. Just little changes to make it impossible for you to upgrade/repair your own hardware.

As far as I'm concerned, no one should support this very anti-consumer tech company.
Totally agree with this

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:52 AM
Performance is the bible

Rep: 437 (Unique: 301)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post

No.

Please be more accurate when you throw hate toward something, justified or not. You are only empowering those who think you are wrong, by pointing out where you are wrong, and hence why your point is invalid.

Apple sued a repair shop in norway (which is what you refer, not "shops"), because he imported aftermarket parts which had the apple logo on them. Not because they didn't want him to repair their products out of warranty.
Apple claimed the markings of apple on unauthorised parts were infringe trademarks. They claimed that using their logo, he was acting as an authorised repair shop even though he wasn't.
They didn't sue him because he repaired their products, they sued based on him using their logo on the products he sold.

The shop owner claimed that without using those logos coming from his vendors, he can't work in the market environment.
The courts in norway agreed that he can keep importing those parts as long as it understood between him and the client that the parts are not apple authenticated parts.
Apple also appealed.

So what you claim isn't exactly right.
Yes, apple work against the right to repair. As a business I understand them. They don't want someone who replaced a screen and by that had other issues because his repair shop did not do a good job, and now demand them to fix a problem under warranty. And they want to sell overpriced parts, of course, just like every vendor.
Many companies do that. Even those that you think are "good" vs apple's "evil".
You as a customer, should lobby the opposite through your representatives.

All that, doesn't mean I disagree with you, and I think that right to repair should apply.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 175 (Unique: 160)
bring back the tall aspect ratio monitors?

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 05:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 181 (Unique: 144)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hwgeek View Post
IMO- new Mac Pro will be based on:

*AMD ROME based 32C/64T, 48V/96T, 64C/128T CPU (Special variant for APPLE -something between EPYC and ThreadRipper).
*8Ch Memory
*Radeon VII 16GB/32GB GPU
*PCIe Gen4 support
*Blazing fast VNMe storage on PCIe Gen4.
*Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card.

Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Cards already working on Threadrippers motherboards with simple driver mod.

You think apple will go AMD...?

What makes you believe that??? I'm sure Intel and them have something more than just a friendship..

edit: included the quote
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
Main reason that I think about it is that with such close relationship between APPLE and AMD, I feel like AMD already gave them the info about 7nm CPU linupe when firs ryzen came out and they should have known about 64C/128T is possible for 2019 if they choose so, while on Intel side they saw maybe "28C 5GHZ!!!".
So, If the MAC PRO is coming this year, which CPU you think APPLE could put inside MAC PRO that will make it much more powerful then 18C XEON iMac PRO and Workstation oriented?
1)i9-9980XE -still just 18C @ $2000.
2)i9-9990XE - 14c ,very limited supply -not possible
3)W-3175X -limited supply 28C @ $3000 + $1800 MB that needs X360 AIO with high noise.
4)Dual Socket Xeon/48-Core Cascade Lake-AP - very expansive and less Margins for Apple
5)AMD's new 7nm with upto 64C/128T, PCIE Gen4 @ cheaper price=Higher Margins + long platform support.

Intel's 10nm parts for HEDT not coming soon.

Also who will buy MAC PRO if there will be 48C/96T, 64C/128T Threadripper HEDT PC's?
Also if APPLE will use 64C/128T AMD CPU then they will claim to be World's First and most Powerful workstation and thus AMD will release only 48C/96T TR3 as top Threadripper and will release 64C/128T only 1~3 quarters later to give APPLE the head-start with their partnership

Last edited by Hwgeek; 02-21-2019 at 02:20 AM.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 12:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
AMD Market Cap: $24B
APPL Cash on hand 2018: $25B

Hmmmm....

( I'm kidding of course xD )

Last edited by Folderol; 02-21-2019 at 01:01 PM.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 133 (Unique: 84)
At this point I’m more tempted to get a Samsung 8K TV than a new Apple monitor.
It’s entirely posssible that Samsung’s AI Upscaling outperforms Nvidia DLSS by a wide margin (could be a more useful implementation from the start, plus it’s 8K upscaling not just 4K).

We just need someone to give in and either GPU makers add HDMI 2.1 or TV makers add DP1.4.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:09 AM
Performance is the bible

Rep: 437 (Unique: 301)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hwgeek View Post
Also who will buy MAC PRO if there will be 48C/96T, 64C/128T Threadripper HEDT PC's?
Considering those are server grade CPUs, unless you want a mini oven in your room disguised as a workstation desktop, most likely you won't see HEDT PCs with 64/128 on the mac pro or its competitors. Those are mention for naples systems (servers, not desktops). So I'm not sure we will see any TR with 64/128 considering TR are not compatible with epyc (as AMD locked them out).

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Amazing monitor, if that's true, I will change my monitor before the supply ended. But I know, such monitor will be expensive so better prepare our wallet to get burned. It's worth it through.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in