[TomsHardware] Intel Gen11 Reportedly Takes iGPU Performance To Another Level - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TomsHardware] Intel Gen11 Reportedly Takes iGPU Performance To Another Level

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
battlenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Posts: 1,534
Rep: 58 (Unique: 52)
Quote: Originally Posted by Asterox View Post
Competition yeah right, maybe when Intel IGP product will be in same price class as AMD APU or no way.One example, let say Intel GPU is 20% faster in games but Intel CPU with iGPU cost 100% more $, hm blah.

Synthetic GPU benchmark is never direct related to real gaming performance+Intel GPU drivers are "made in dumpster".
Agree this chip would have to be less than $160 to make it worth it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Processor
Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi
VGA: Asrock Phantom Gaming Radeon VII
RAM: G-Skill 3200 RipJaws F4-3200C16-16GVK
Storage: Samsung M.2 850 EVO 1TB
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 Platinum
Cooling: HeatKiller For CPU & Bykski for GPU


battlenut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Official Luddite of OCN
 
SoloCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 5,412
Rep: 416 (Unique: 216)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post
Uh... today you can get the Dell Inspiron 7559 for around $400 used. It'll annihilate that laptop without trying. i5 6300HQ and a 960M. Not the best combination for gaming, but leagues ahead of what that A8 can manage.
Ok, so let's take a realistic look at this.

My laptop was bought new in 2014 for under $300. You are comparing a laptop that has a msrp of $750 to it from years later.

Again, I'm hard pressed to find anything in the $350 or under range that can offer a 240gb ssd, 8gb ddr1866 (or faster) and a half decent true quad core in a 15w tdp package. Remove the SSD and 8gb of ram and it still came with a 1tb drive and 6gb ddr3 1600 for $275.

Sure, used? But that can be applied to any laptop and wasn't the point. I personally wouldn't touch a used laptop but that's just me.


4k box
(23 items)
Oculus Box
(6 items)
CPU
4790k at 4.6ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
GPU
Sapphire Vega 64 1667mhz core / 1100 mem (reference air cooler)
RAM
G.Skill Trident X 16gb DDR3 2400mhz (2x8gb)
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX100 256gb
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 480gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 500gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 120gb
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray RW
Power Supply
NZXT Hale82 850w
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S
Case
Rosewill Thor V2 (Black)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
ASUS PB287Q (4k)
Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp 1908FP
Keyboard
Corsair K55 RGB
Mouse
Fenek Swift Gaming Mouse - PMW 3360 Sensor
Mousepad
Steelseries QCK+
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Z
Audio
Logitech Z-623
Audio
Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
CPU
FX-9590
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
GPU
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 1590core/945mem
RAM
16gb DDR3 1866 cas9 (two dimms)
Cooling
AMD FX Watercooler (came with 9590)
Operating System
Win10 pro 64bit
CPU
Xeon E5450
CPU
Xeon E5450
Motherboard
Dell T7400 stock
GPU
XFX DD 7970Ghz Edition
RAM
32gb DDR2 667mhz Quad Channel (4gb x8)
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb SSD
Power Supply
Dell T7400 stock 1000w PSU
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by SoloCamo; 03-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.
SoloCamo is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:07 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
TheHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 660
Rep: 20 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post
Uh... today you can get the Dell Inspiron 7559 for around $400 used. It'll annihilate that laptop without trying. i5 6300HQ and a 960M. Not the best combination for gaming, but leagues ahead of what that A8 can manage.
XD NEW THINGS COST MORE THAN USED THINGS! Who knew?

Do people think before they talk anymore or do they just smash their keyboards until they're satisfied?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	listen_to_yourself.png
Views:	8
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	257752  

TheHorse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:24 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
TheBDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 599
Rep: 20 (Unique: 16)
lol and the 9900k was the best gaming cpu ever. Intel is full of crap.
TheBDK is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:26 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
white owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The land of Nod
Posts: 5,374
Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
XD NEW THINGS COST MORE THAN USED THINGS! Who knew?

Do people think before they talk anymore or do they just smash their keyboards until they're satisfied?
Also...

Spoiler!


Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
white owl is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:30 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
TheHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 660
Rep: 20 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
Also...

Spoiler!

You shouldn't have released that information, you should have kept it secret and sold it for millions.
TheHorse is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
white owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The land of Nod
Posts: 5,374
Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
I hadn't read the full article until now:
"If we look at the average result, Gen11 outperforms AMD Vega 11 by around 1.69 percent. Once again, the Manhattan test boosts Gen11's total score. Discarding the Manhattan result actually puts AMD Vega 11 back on top with a 9 percent advantage."


So what really happened is Intel has caught up to AMDs 12nm APU graphics, to take it to "another level" you'd need to outperform what's currently available by a large margin. I'm not interested in buying one but I really can't wait to see what AMD's next APUs are like.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
white owl is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:29 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
7850K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 951
Rep: 91 (Unique: 58)
Quote: Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post
Ok, so let's take a realistic look at this.

My laptop was bought new in 2014 for under $300. You are comparing a laptop that has a msrp of $750 to it from years later.

Again, I'm hard pressed to find anything in the $350 or under range that can offer a 240gb ssd, 8gb ddr1866 (or faster) and a half decent true quad core in a 15w tdp package. Remove the SSD and 8gb of ram and it still came with a 1tb drive and 6gb ddr3 1600 for $275.

Sure, used? But that can be applied to any laptop and wasn't the point. I personally wouldn't touch a used laptop but that's just me.
This last December I spent $420 for a brand new lenovo ideapad equipped with a Ryzen 2500U 15w, 120GB SSD, 8GB dual channel 2400 DDR4, and a 15" 1080p IPS. It was 20% more expensive than your $350 machine and lacks the larger SSD or HDD but the raw performance in games or any applications will be much higher. 4 zen cores, Vega 8 and dual channel 2400. To me it's a much better value for performance, but if you are more concerned with that specific $350 or less price range than I concur.

Last edited by 7850K; 03-08-2019 at 09:35 AM.
7850K is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Official Luddite of OCN
 
SoloCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 5,412
Rep: 416 (Unique: 216)
Quote: Originally Posted by 7850K View Post
This last December I spent $420 for a brand new lenovo ideapad equipped with a Ryzen 2500U 15w, 120GB SSD, 8GB dual channel 2400 DDR4, and a 15" 1080p IPS. It was 20% more expensive than your $350 machine and lacks the larger SSD or HDD but the raw performance in games or any applications will be much higher. 4 zen cores, Vega 8 and dual channel 2400. To me it's a much better value for performance, but if you are more concerned with that specific $350 or less price range than I concur.
I've been eying a Ryzen 2500u system. Seems like they dropped in price for some models as I remember mosty being $500+ which is more than I'm willing to drop on a laptop.

$350 is just the cost of my laptop with the 8gb ddr3 1866 and ssd I added to it. It came factory at $275 with a 1tb drive and 6gb ddr3 1600mhz. I'd really like to get my hands on a 2700u but those are just too much for what they offer.


4k box
(23 items)
Oculus Box
(6 items)
CPU
4790k at 4.6ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
GPU
Sapphire Vega 64 1667mhz core / 1100 mem (reference air cooler)
RAM
G.Skill Trident X 16gb DDR3 2400mhz (2x8gb)
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX100 256gb
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 480gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 500gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 120gb
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray RW
Power Supply
NZXT Hale82 850w
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S
Case
Rosewill Thor V2 (Black)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
ASUS PB287Q (4k)
Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp 1908FP
Keyboard
Corsair K55 RGB
Mouse
Fenek Swift Gaming Mouse - PMW 3360 Sensor
Mousepad
Steelseries QCK+
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Z
Audio
Logitech Z-623
Audio
Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
CPU
FX-9590
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
GPU
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 1590core/945mem
RAM
16gb DDR3 1866 cas9 (two dimms)
Cooling
AMD FX Watercooler (came with 9590)
Operating System
Win10 pro 64bit
CPU
Xeon E5450
CPU
Xeon E5450
Motherboard
Dell T7400 stock
GPU
XFX DD 7970Ghz Edition
RAM
32gb DDR2 667mhz Quad Channel (4gb x8)
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb SSD
Power Supply
Dell T7400 stock 1000w PSU
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
SoloCamo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off