[Techradar] Next Xbox alleged specs point to 2020 release date and disc-less console - Page 16 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Techradar] Next Xbox alleged specs point to 2020 release date and disc-less console

post #151 of 154 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 46)
Quote: Originally Posted by NTTD View Post
Anyone else think 1TB of storage sounds too small for next gen?
Currently the 500GB console is a joke like the 360 20GB one was.

With games approaching and exceeding 100GB (GOW4) 1TB is already feeling small.

It won't be more than a couple years until 1TB is way too small.
Probably but I see them doing it like they did in the past. I don't expect 1TB NVME imo that's bordering impossible, majority of the budget on that might be better spent somewhere else like CPU/GPU/RAM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 154 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Not a linux lobbyist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by tubers View Post
That's actually interesting. I just saw that there's an 8 Core atom for a phone and using old architecture even though it was only released last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvermont

Then there's Goldmont, Goldmont Plus. All have 4 cores at 6 watts TDP from more than a year ago with the N5000 while AMD at 2019 only has 2 core A6-9220C at 6 watts TDP.

I guess this is one reason they skipped the N5000 in their recent slides in the mobile briefing.

AMD keeps comparing their 2019 A series to 2016 Atoms.

AMD seems that they currently have no direct competitor for the 2017 N5000 atom and it might not be long for its successor to arrive while AMD has nothing yet.

AMD skips A6 to 300U and the jump is 6 watts to 15 watts TDP. Quite a gap in there.

I do wonder if AMD is really trying to do a different approach. Is AMD putting more effort into the tiny iGPUs for ultra low power? The AMD A6 and A4 low power APUs seem to do much better for "games" in their slide but I'm not sure if that's really a feat since they're comparing 2017 atoms to 2019 A series.

I guess it's all about the pricing for AMD like I was thinking earlier. They can't compete in pure efficiency but in the real world, prices can matter more. If AMD won't price these below Intel's atoms, feels somewhat pointless.
Atom is a whole different archtecture than core. It is made to run well at both lower power and performance and cost to make than core or Ryzen. It's made to compete with arm, not steal sales from the core line.
Even if AMD could make Ryzen run in the low cost/low power area of atom and arm, they wouldn't make money at it. Ryzen is a bigger chip that is much faster than what is needed for an impressive boost in console cpu performance. But it may go in there anyways and be as overkill as a downclocked TitanV.

I'll only complain if it costs too much, and the games basically look the same graphically

L5
(17 items)
Lea2
(11 items)
L7
(11 items)
CPU
5775c
Motherboard
Maximus VII Hero
GPU
Aorus 1080ti Waterforce
RAM
16 Gb Gskill Trident @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
RAM
8 Gb Gskill Trident @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
Hard Drive
1Tb Team ssd
Hard Drive
seagate barracuda 3T
Hard Drive
Optane 900p 480G OS
Optical Drive
Asus BW-16D1HT
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
Cooling
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 120 (cpu)
Cooling
2 140mm case fans, 2 120mm
Case
Fractal Design R4 (no window)
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
panasonic TC-58AX800U
Audio
Focal Elear, Nova 40, 598se, HE4xx, DT990pro w b.boost earpads
Audio
SoundbasterX AE-5, onboard
CPU
Motherboard
Asus Z87 Deluxe
GPU
Fury Nitro
RAM
8Gb klevv urbane 2133
Hard Drive
ROG Raidr 240Gb pcie
Hard Drive
1Tb WD blue
Power Supply
Pc Power&Cooling silencer Mk2 950w
Cooling
Deepcool Lucifer V2
Case
DIYPC P48-W
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
40"tv
CPU
4980hq
Motherboard
Asus H81T/CSM
RAM
8Gb 1600 samsung
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 evo 120gb
Power Supply
Skyvast 90w brick for hp pavilion something
Cooling
SilverStone Tek Super Slim
Case
SilverStone Tek PT13B
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
24" samsung 1080p
Keyboard
Logitech K400+
Other
Intel wifi ac card and noname antennas
▲ hide details ▲
post #153 of 154 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 46)
Quote: Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post
Atom is a whole different archtecture than core. It is made to run well at both lower power and performance and cost to make than core or Ryzen. It's made to compete with arm, not steal sales from the core line.
Even if AMD could make Ryzen run in the low cost/low power area of atom and arm, they wouldn't make money at it. Ryzen is a bigger chip that is much faster than what is needed for an impressive boost in console cpu performance. But it may go in there anyways and be as overkill as a downclocked TitanV.

I'll only complain if it costs too much, and the games basically look the same graphically
That's interesting.

I'd so LOVE to see a $ 299 8 core ATOM cheap, fat, actively cooled laptop/netbook. Wonder if it'll make core M irrelevant. Don't even know if there's still core m lol.

Wait, wait. Sorry you lost me with a downclocked TitanV. What does that mean? xD

Yeah, they'll probably put zen next gen or the next gen A series which might finally be a zen.

Have a feeling it'll have the least jump, worse than PS3 to PS4 at least on stills. Can't wait for all those downgrades from PS5/XB2 reveals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 154 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 AM
Portgas D. Ace

Rep: 318 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post

Hopefully we can push moar frames with the new gen consoles. Graphic parody will remain.

PCMR
(18 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC2 ULTRA
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 2TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Joystick modded
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in