[Videocardz] ASUS and ASRock AMD X570 Chipset Motherboards Listed , also Gigabyte + MSI - Page 29 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Videocardz] ASUS and ASRock AMD X570 Chipset Motherboards Listed , also Gigabyte + MSI

post #281 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 335 (Unique: 245)
Quote: Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
Directly from AMD's E3 conference. For low res/high FPS gaming the 9700K is still faster in most games but the 3800X would still be the better choice for streaming, media creation, synthetic benchmarks, security, etc.

Honestly either processor is perfectly fine because it gets above 144fps with the exception of Civ, in which both processors fail at it. Very few people have 1080p/240 monitors so anything above the typical max of 144hz is essentially the same from the end user perspective.
Do we know what GPU they were using? I assume Radeon 7?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
Taichi is probably going to be ~$260-300 I think (in line with Prime Pro / STRIX / Aorus Pro or Ultra). The things they physically changed that I can spot are the covering over the M.2s , PCIE 4.0, wifi 6, backplate (don't know if it is thermal or just aesthetic), retained power/reset button on the base Taichi, and 50A DrMOs instead of 40A TI NexFET.

X470 Taichi Ultimate was $300ish but dropped to ~ $250.

MSI Ace is supposedly 429 Euro but computerbase didn't mention if it was with VAT. If it was with VAT it makes more sense since 20% VAT for Germany would mean ~ $360 base price which is what the Crosshair VIII Hero and Aorus Master are rumored to be around.

My guess:
X570 Creator = $400-450ish (it has Thunderbolt 3 + 10G LAN) , there's cost savings from less RGB , reused VRM, and dropping the flashy shrouds + IO cover otherwise I'd think probably be $500+
---> top board that isn't the $999 Aqua that is limited run of 999 boards
--> Unless Asrock is feeling extremely generous with pricing I doubt it is cheaper than $400 as X470 Taichi Ultimate with 10G LAN was ~ $300 and the z390 Taichi Ultimate was ~$300 without Thunderbolt
---> worst case is likely $550 in line with the rumored MSI Creation which has more phases and more USB ports (once again if the price was including VAT it would be ~ $450 base)
X570 Phantom Gaming X = $280-330ish (2.5G LAN added to x570 Taichi more or less , this typically has a "gamer" premium for no reason I think because Phantom Gaming has a separate marketing budget possibly shared with their AMD GPU division)
---> Gamer-styled Taichi with 2.5G LAN , competes mainly with STRIX line
X570 Taichi = $260-300 (Taichi Ultimate + $50 minus 10G LAN , or Taichi + $50 for PCIE 4.0 as baseline) , would be surprised if it is <$250 as it's at least as good as a Prime X570 Pro and that backplate costs money and so do the buttons and coverings
--> X399 Taichi = $330 MSRP
X570 Phantom ITX = $250-350 --- much R&D went into this and it shows (even going as far as using LGA1151 mount), also it has ThunderBolt3 and 8x powerstages so it's midrange level at the least in terms of pricepoint
---> Z390 Phantom ITX was $190 amazingly but that used five $7 ISL99227B Powerstages
---
X570 Steel Legend = $180ish (see TUF / Aorus Elite / MSI Edge) , basically drops heatpipe, drops debug LED , loses power/reset, loses 4 additional VCORE powerstages from the Taichi (8 vs 12) , also drops backplate obviously
--> Still retains ALC1220 and Intel LAN so I could see this initially priced above TUF despite 4 fewer powerstages if they're gutsy
X570 Extreme4 = ~$170-180 (see TUF) --- mainstream offering per Asrock slides
--> it's below Steel Legend in the product stack so it's going to be within $10-20 as there isn't any "phantom gaming" marketing budget involved , for example Phantom Gaming 6 isn't usually discounted as heavily as Extreme4
(their midrange boards are likely to be oriented to Ryzen 7 CPUs / octocores)
---
X570 Phantom Gaming 4 = $150-170? --- budget offering per Asrock slides ; drops USB-C output , B450 level VRM although retains Intel LAN + ALC1220
X570 Pro4 = $150-170? --- this is their budget offering per Asrock slides ; B450 level VRM and not much that is special other than the PCIE 4.0 upgrade , amazingly still retains Intel LAN + ALC1220
(these budget boards are only meant for Ryzen 5 CPUs)
Isnt the Asrock Steel Legend board pretty much the same board they are using for AQUA?
post #283 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post
A 12 core would have done me , just not worth the cost of a motherboard ( claimed to have upto a 30% price increase ) suitable ram , and CPU also significantly increased price .
AMD money grab ( while they can ) with a weakened Intel .
I will keep my Aussie micro Dollars thanks .
5 ghz on a stock CPU was always a pipe dream - overclocked some might make it .
16 core is held back for marketing reasons - apparently .
Time and unbiased benchmarks will tell .
My gear is good enough for another year - They would have sold 2 systems if they did not get so greedy .
I have multiple systems , some are upgraded annually others only when needed .
AMD isn't being greedy you really need to take a long step back and review Intel pricing scheme for the last 7 years. How is AMD going to recoup costs and additional money for R&D to continue to battle Intel if they aren't rewarded handsomely for there efforts. We always see this, AMD releases a product superior to Intel and everyone expects it to be dirt cheap. AMD's prices are still superior to when Intel had the lead.

My understanding is 16 core was held back to build yields.

Motherboard prices could be a little cheaper, that I agree with.

Last edited by Nightingale; 06-12-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
⤷ αC

Rep: 838 (Unique: 558)
Quote: Originally Posted by agatong55 View Post
Isnt the Asrock Steel Legend board pretty much the same board they are using for AQUA?
It's definitely not.

There's only 10 chokes total, with 8 on the left of the socket and 2 on top meaning highly likely 8 phases sharing the left CPU VRM heatsink.

https://www.coolaler.com/threads/asr...legend.355636/
https://www.eteknix.com/asrock-x570-...computex-2019/

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...erkuehler.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/255972/a...g-steel-legend
https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/20...ntom-gaming-x/

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #285 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
Oh. Everything I said was regarding Asrock. I didn't mention anything regarding Gigabyte. The main issue of Asrock's BIOS is that it feels cluttered. It does have a lot of features though... One good thing about Asrock is that they live up to long term support of their products, even though they are generally slower with updates than other vendors. And they definitely listen to feedback and update issues in their BIOS.

Gigabyte actually has good BIOS for their motherboards. Most of the time, the issues with their BIOS are with the updates... The more updates there are the more issues pop up...

I personally don't have experience with MSI. I have avoided them due to other people's experiences with them.

I never have had issues with Asus BIOS... But if the internet is to be believed, that is also changing now.
My own experiences with MSI over the years whether it was for my own builds or someone elses I've built have been a mixed bag. Asus and Gigabyte have always been solid. Though as you said, opinions change, but I recall people bagging on either board maker years ago. Is there a way to see a photo outline of the BIOS pages of any chipset or does that not exist? I remember having to dig into BIOS pages on a Gigabyte mobo several years ago but found the board to be solid and reliable, based on research and component breakdowns I'd read. I currently use an Asus Rampage for my workstation and it's a brilliant board. I recall getting it $100 off on sale which made it all the better, IMO.

post #286 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Sexagenarian

Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
AMD isn't being greedy you really need to take a long step back and review Intel pricing scheme for the last 7 years. How is AMD going to recoup costs and additional money for R&D to continue to battle Intel if they aren't rewarded handsomely for there efforts. We always see this, AMD releases a product superior to Intel and everyone expects it to be dirt cheap. AMD's prices are still superior to when Intel had the lead.

My understanding is 16 core was held back to build yields.

Motherboard prices could be a little cheaper, that I agree with.
Regardless ,I totally disagree but you are entitled to you opinion I have mine and I am acting on it ! I am voting with my wallet . I recently bought a case PSU , a cooler an M.2 and 2 spinning rust drives . to do a build but now just keeping my current gear another year or two .
And convincing family friends and people I have sway with to do the same .
If you want to get gouged that is your right , go for it - enjoy .
I have better things to do with my money !
post #287 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
AMD X590

AMD X590 and more possibilities coming soon ...
Attached Images

post #288 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Mining the DB

Rep: 116 (Unique: 100)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hale59 View Post
AMD X590 and more possibilities coming soon ...
Source?
I somehow dont trust this, given the feature-rich, high end, range-topping boards we already have in X570... and X590 would not be TR so..I'm calling this a fake.

The virtualizer
(11 items)
Intertwined Desk
(13 items)
Sufrfacing
(4 items)
CPU
E5-2670
CPU
E5-2670
Motherboard
Dell PowerEdge R720
RAM
Dell Default
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 256GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 5TB Barracuda(ST5000LM000)
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Case
Dell PowerEdge R720
Operating System
Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
CPU
Ryzen 3700X or 3800X
Motherboard
X570 Motherboard.
GPU
AMD VEGA 64
RAM
GSKILL Trident Z Royal
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 PRO
Hard Drive
Crucial BX100 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G3
Cooling
EK custom Watercooling
Case
My Desk
Monitor
Acer XR341ck
Keyboard
Logitech G410
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Roccat Taito 3mm
CPU
i7 6850U
GPU
Gtx 1060
RAM
Standard
Hard Drive
nVME SSD
▲ hide details ▲

post #289 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemTech View Post
Source?
I somehow dont trust this, given the feature-rich, high end, range-topping boards we already have in X570... and X590 would not be TR so..I'm calling this a fake.
X590 - TR4
post #290 of 391 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Mining the DB

Rep: 116 (Unique: 100)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hale59 View Post
X590 - TR4
Nope, they would not do that.
Threadripper would be X599, not 590.

The virtualizer
(11 items)
Intertwined Desk
(13 items)
Sufrfacing
(4 items)
CPU
E5-2670
CPU
E5-2670
Motherboard
Dell PowerEdge R720
RAM
Dell Default
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 256GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 5TB Barracuda(ST5000LM000)
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Case
Dell PowerEdge R720
Operating System
Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
CPU
Ryzen 3700X or 3800X
Motherboard
X570 Motherboard.
GPU
AMD VEGA 64
RAM
GSKILL Trident Z Royal
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 PRO
Hard Drive
Crucial BX100 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G3
Cooling
EK custom Watercooling
Case
My Desk
Monitor
Acer XR341ck
Keyboard
Logitech G410
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Roccat Taito 3mm
CPU
i7 6850U
GPU
Gtx 1060
RAM
Standard
Hard Drive
nVME SSD
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in