[Videocardz] ASUS and ASRock AMD X570 Chipset Motherboards Listed , also Gigabyte + MSI - Page 52 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Videocardz] ASUS and ASRock AMD X570 Chipset Motherboards Listed , also Gigabyte + MSI

post #511 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 05:39 AM
Mining the DB

Rep: 116 (Unique: 100)
Quote: Originally Posted by reqq View Post
https://www.msi.com/Promotion/I-Love-You-3000-AMD/

Free water cooler if you buy MSI x570 board
Are they struggling to sell X570 boards....WOW

Free cooler with most X570 boards:
A review gets you a $25 Steam voucher
A special review gets you a 250GB Western Digital M.2 SSD
And you can get RGB wall tiles

Seriously, are they struggling to sell their boards?

The virtualizer
(11 items)
Intertwined Desk
(13 items)
Sufrfacing
(4 items)
CPU
E5-2670
CPU
E5-2670
Motherboard
Dell PowerEdge R720
RAM
Dell Default
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 256GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 5TB Barracuda(ST5000LM000)
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Case
Dell PowerEdge R720
Operating System
Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
CPU
Ryzen 3700X or 3800X
Motherboard
X570 Motherboard.
GPU
AMD VEGA 64
RAM
GSKILL Trident Z Royal
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 PRO
Hard Drive
Crucial BX100 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G3
Cooling
EK custom Watercooling
Case
My Desk
Monitor
Acer XR341ck
Keyboard
Logitech G410
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Roccat Taito 3mm
CPU
i7 6850U
GPU
Gtx 1060
RAM
Standard
Hard Drive
nVME SSD
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
⤷ αC

Rep: 871 (Unique: 575)
MSI probably has a rough time because all their boards under $270 are underwhelming when compared to last gen and the Pro carbon is debatable so maybe even all <$350. Competition has heated up from all vendors and they're just throwing discounts out to blunt the X570 premium.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #513 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:29 AM
mfw

Rep: 368 (Unique: 193)
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemTech View Post
Are they struggling to sell X570 boards....WOW

Free cooler with most X570 boards:
A review gets you a $25 Steam voucher
A special review gets you a 250GB Western Digital M.2 SSD
And you can get RGB wall tiles

Seriously, are they struggling to sell their boards?
If your cheaper mobos from previous gens can still run modern hardware, it's hard to convince people to buy your new stuff.

One would guess, anyway.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
This bios/software/driver nonsense has put me off of getting an x570 board for a little while. I am going to wait until enough of them are in users hands before I figure out which one to get, or if I should even get one. I was going to get a 3600x for my work computer but microcenter is selling the 2700x for $30 less ($220) so I am going to get another 2700x instead.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

post #515 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 79 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
This bios/software/driver nonsense has put me off of getting an x570 board for a little while. I am going to wait until enough of them are in users hands before I figure out which one to get, or if I should even get one. I was going to get a 3600x for my work computer but microcenter is selling the 2700x for $30 less ($220) so I am going to get another 2700x instead.
Their $120 2600 seems to be the sweetspot honestly. This launch is really going to stir up the used/new last gen stuff.
post #516 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 10)
Hello,

I hope this is a good place to get some advice, I haven't posted anything on OC.net for almost 2 years, so I hope I am not breaking any rules.

After 5 years running the FM2+ platform, it's time for me to upgrade. I was patiently waiting for developments around RyZen 3000, and I believe now it's a good time for a new PC from the scratch.

With that said: what's the word about ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE ?

To me, it seems to be quite durable, none of that RGB blink that I don't need, power delivery also seems to be quite good, and all in all it looks to be a quite decent motherboard.
I plan to drop in 3800x with 0 intention to overclock, and maybe down the road then drop in 3950x when I move away from games to some serious virtualization work.

I have 2 concerns though (generally about platform):

- AM4 socket - AMD said they will support it till 2020, and I am not sure what that means. Is it that some future RyZen 4000 might get a new socket, and it will the end-of-the-road ?
- RAM layout - I want to go full scale, so I plan to run 64 GB of memory. I already read about details, and I should get motherboard with T-topology if I want to utilize all 4 DIMM sockets, as opposed to daisy-chain which favours only 2 DIMMs to be occupied. Is there any way to determine which topology is used on which motherboard ? I read somewhere else that ASUS motherboard were always T-topology, but I don't know if it holds up also today. I found this 7 years old thread, which discusses this - maybe [email protected] can comment on this ?

Thanks for any answer to my questions.

Bobi

Think twice. /// Always opened for normal argumenting, manufacturers-independent... yeah, that's me.
post #517 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:19 AM
I <3 narcissists

Quote: Originally Posted by BobiBolivia View Post
Hello,

I hope this is a good place to get some advice, I haven't posted anything on OC.net for almost 2 years, so I hope I am not breaking any rules.

After 5 years running the FM2+ platform, it's time for me to upgrade. I was patiently waiting for developments around RyZen 3000, and I believe now it's a good time for a new PC from the scratch.

To me, it seems to be quite durable, none of that RGB blink that I don't need, power delivery also seems to be quite good, and all in all it looks to be a quite decent motherboard.
I plan to drop in 3800x with 0 intention to overclock, and maybe down the road then drop in 3950x when I move away from games to some serious virtualization work.

- AM4 socket - AMD said they will support it till 2020, and I am not sure what that means. Is it that some future RyZen 4000 might get a new socket, and it will the end-of-the-road ?
- RAM layout - I want to go full scale, so I plan to run 64 GB of memory. I already read about details, and I should get motherboard with T-topology if I want to utilize all 4 DIMM sockets, as opposed to daisy-chain which favours only 2 DIMMs to be occupied. Is there any way to determine which topology is used on which motherboard ? I read somewhere else that ASUS motherboard were always T-topology, but I don't know if it holds up also today. I found this 7 years old thread, which discusses this - maybe [email protected] can comment on this ?

Bobi
I can't comment specifically on the ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE, but I have been told by multiple sources that the topology of the memory traces is only a factor if you are trying to achieve high memory speeds. If you are planning to run all 4 slots with 3200-3600mhz memory it shouldn't really be a problem on either topology. I would double check for reviews where they test 16gb sticks because they tend to be less compatible.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
▲ hide details ▲

post #518 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
⤷ αC

Rep: 871 (Unique: 575)
Quote: Originally Posted by BobiBolivia View Post
Hello,

Bobi
Honestly I feel it's probably worth it to wait for the X570 Creator board pricing from Asrock if you're using it for workstation purposes as that will have Thunderbolt 3 and 10G LAN. (https://www.anandtech.com/show/14461...erbolt-10g-lan) WS Ace simply has X470-E STRIX power delivery and a 1G Realtek LAN tacked on , along with some extra PCIE4.0 bandwidth (3x PCIE 4.0 x16 , up to 3-way x8/x8/x8) and ECC RAM support. Output USB ports and such are fewer in number.

MSI Creation is also worth looking at, though it is another $100 more roughly ($500). There's 10G LAN, M.2 expansion card, 3x PCIE 4.0 slots (x8/x8 and x4 from chipset per https://www.vortez.net/articles_page..._review,6.html).

The Asrock Taichi supports PCIE 4.0 x8/x8 and x4 from chipset as well so I would expect the X570 Creator to have that.

Daisy chain doesn't matter much if you aren't pushing insane memory clocks over 3733 divider. T-topology on Asrock Taichi and maybe Creator.

AM4 support just means AM4 socket will be used. We're already seeing older CPU support being dropped on X570 (mainly the APUs and pre-zen Athlons).

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #519 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Untitled.jpg

Rep: 35 (Unique: 27)

Which of these would be most recommended. I assume they're all overkill for a 3700X but "cheaper" boards only save $50-$100 and downgrade or cut basically everything useful to me.
I don't need it, but I'd rather spend the money than wait for bios fixes and besides that I just don't like this board or its constantly buggy software so i'm just ready to try something else.

NotGoodEnough
(15 items)
CPU
R7 3700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi
GPU
MSI Gaming GTX 1080ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 860 Evo
Power Supply
Corsair HX750 Platinum
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15 w/ Chromax
Case
NZXT H700
Monitor
Acer XB271U 27" 1440p 165hz Gsync IPS
Monitor
Samsung LU32H850 32" 4k Freesync QLED
Monitor
55" LG C9 OLED
Keyboard
CoolerMaster Pro S TKL
Mouse
Logitech G703
Audio
M50X & M50Xbt
Audio
Edifier S880DB
▲ hide details ▲
post #520 of 543 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:35 AM
I <3 narcissists

I was taken aback by the prices but then I noticed you're in Australia, they are a little more expensive than they are here in the states (converted) but not too bad. Most of the boards lean to the overkill side, no matter which 3000 series processor you have, but I think I would choose based on features. If they all have the features you want then I would try to find info on the bios and see which one you prefer. If you're not going to be spending a lot of time in the bios, they all have the features you want, they all fall in your price range, then I would pick the one you think looks best. If you're really into aesthetics and lighting then it may be worth looking into the lighting software for each one them and decide based on that.

Performance seems like it is going to come down to the chip you ended up with (and your cooling solution) more than the board you are using, like the previous generation.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in