[Hexus] AMD Radeon RX 3080 XT will rival Nvidia RTX 2070 - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Hexus] AMD Radeon RX 3080 XT will rival Nvidia RTX 2070

post #111 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:58 PM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 767 (Unique: 444)
Quote: Originally Posted by m4fox90 View Post
Some people are just impossible to please. AMD could release a 100W TDP, RTX Titan-performance card for $50 and many of the posters in here would find a way to complain about it.
thats because the drivers will suck!

do i need to point out sarcasm?

"Name as many uses for a brick as you can in one minute." - interview at graphics-chip maker Nvidia for a campaign-manager job
Fermi: it's better to burn out than fade away.
Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
"The more you buy, the more you save." - Jensen Huang GTC 2018
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
I dont expect Navi to reach R7 performance this year, but next year it could exceed it with Navi 20. I guess they trying to buy time for Arcturus.
Funny though that we know less about Arcturus than the dark horse Navi. The AMD roadmap is getting more empty and cryptic each time. We were waiting for years for the promised big bang from RTG. Sadly hasn't happened so far. Another year won't be tolerable for many buyers. They need a pipecleaner to make their new architecture base around. Either Navi or Arcturus hae to be that basis. Otherwise it will take another generation to get things right.

Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
Is it be safe to assume Navi 20 is somewhere between RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti for performance?
No, the codename as basis is very misleading. I remember how we discussed the performance with Polaris 10, 20 and of course Vega 10 and 20. IIRC the majority of them became rebrands with slite overclocks or just some business/pro model. The base design of the Navi chip has to rock or AMD will spend another 2 years fixing the problems.

These days it is gettting really risky to make any performance specualtion at all. The GPU market is no longer predictable.

Some people are just impossible to please. AMD could release a 100W TDP, RTX Titan-performance card for $50 and many of the posters in here would find a way to complain about it.
If that ever happened, we can talk again. The problem of AMD in the GPU-sector so far is, they have way higher TDP and power consumption plus huge compromises in the whole product. Were all of the issues fixed and the prices decent, nodody would complain. Though delivering later than the competition and not even then be on par is a little too much. Noone buys the same product 1-3 years later with compromises.

Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post
Can someone link me info about where AMD has been confirmed to state Navi10 will be released as 3080XT? If not then all of you need to get a reality check and stop arguing about rumours from Adored TV again.
Don't know why, but Adored TV has become the messiah of AMD news. Years ago the same guys hated on him when it was about Fiji or Vega. Now he seems to be some sort of hero, god only knows why?

At least that is what the impression is when everyone is bringing him up in every news as a "golden source". Adored TV is as reliable as WCCFTech - typical yellow press rumor monger with lots of clickbait. I pray to no end this time won't be the same clusterf* like when Vega and Polaris launched. Can we have a normal release once in a while, please?

AMD has confirmed nothing and maybe that is for the best. Another "overclockers dream", "Poor Volta" or "2x RX480 = GTX1080" would kill the rest of their reputation entirely. They better be quiet until they can really show something. To this day I can't forgive Raja Koduri when he showed that busted Vega prototype and tried to claim Vega launch was near. Took another 9+ months for something to show up in stores.

Jim pretty much nailed RTX
Nah, that is a myth. He was just throwing every rumor at the wall and hoped some would stick. I am still waiting for his ominous 5GB RTX/GTX cards he promised. People just remember when he is right, but easily forget when he is 100 times wrong. One reason to hate this stupid person cult we have in PC-Masterrace.
post #113 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:12 AM
News Fiend

AMD are highlighting the 7 in their promo material. It might just be because of 7nm but also might be naming Name:  Annotation 2019-05-15 091331.png
Views: 60
Size:  175.4 KB

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 331 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardware Hoshi View Post
Guys, you hopefully notice that these two quotes here contain 0% facts and 100% ad hominem? It is one thing to do criticism, but outright slander other users is not cool.
Its not slander if its true
There is a difference between criticism and what you wrote. In fact, your entire post was just attacking people and how you believe they are acting, which is exactly the ad hominem you are trying to complain about now.

Last edited by EniGma1987; 05-15-2019 at 07:45 AM.
post #115 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 151 (Unique: 128)
If they drop a 2070 competitor for 330 i'm in.

Quote:Originally Posted by Clinic http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a benchmark thread...if you want pics go look on newegg. Thats what the cards look like. They didn't secretly send me orange ones.
Darkness
(17 items)
CPU
Motherboard
asus z97-ar
GPU
gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaw
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w Platinum
Case
Corsair 600T SE
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
Monitor
Ultrasharp 27"
Monitor
HP W2338H 23"
Keyboard
Black Widow Ultimate
Mouse
Zowie EC2
Mouse
Zowie (Pure exellence)
Audio
dt880
Audio
sound blaster recon3d
Audio
swan m10
▲ hide details ▲

post #116 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 398 (Unique: 205)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
That's what Defoler and Hardware Hoshi do every chance they get. I have them on ignore for a reason. Sometimes I get curious and reveal their comments, and more often than not I regret doing that.

But in any case... Don't expect Navi to reach Radeon VII performance. At least not this year.
There's also a chance of Polaris still being used for the lower end parts and being named the 600 series, while Navi itself gets the 3000 branding, but that would also be extremely confusing. Not that nVidia is any less confusing nowadays.
Ah I see. Yeah he quoted me with something stupid again. I dislike people like that spouting nonsense and being toxic and then trying to deflect with even more useless comments. Maybe I should put him on ignore too, but I am not too big on blocking features.

I agree that Radeon VII performance is nearly impossible to reach with the upcoming Navi products. atleast for those that come out this year.

Quote: Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post
Its not slander if its true
There is a difference between criticism and what you wrote. In fact, your entire post was just attacking people and how you believe they are acting, which is exactly the ad hominem you are trying to complain about now.

+1 REP. Thank you true. It was purely attacking people in a toxic way.

post #117 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by b.walker36 View Post
If they drop a 2070 competitor for 330 i'm in.
Sounds good on paper, but in reality it will be business as usual. Remember the rumor about Radeon VII at $499 at launch? Did not happen and VII is still far away from that price mark today. I also wonder if the VAT is already included or not. In my country Germany you can add roughly another 20% on top. Then this card is way above 400 + extra costs of shipping to Europe and profit margin of the resellers. Maybe $450-500 final in Euros here? Suddenly doesn't sound as attractive as before. Hm....

If you think about it, the RTX2070 is around the old GTX1080 in raw performance with out the new features and gimmicks. This was the biggest criticism at launch. In AMD terms maybe an OC Vega 64. Having another Vega-class card for almost the same price is not that big of a deal. AMD seems to replace Polaris and Vega at once like they promised. The new chps will be cheaper to produce.

Question is how their RTG GPU-line-up will finally look like. Hopefully not another round of rebrands in between.

Quote: Originally Posted by zealord View Post
I agree that Radeon VII performance is nearly impossible to reach with the upcoming Navi products. atleast for those that come out this year.
Radeon VII is likely impossible because Navi seems to be a double sized Polaris with GDDR6, higher clocks and some tweaks. I am sure AMD will reach Vega 64 performance with better termals, smaller chip-size a.s.o., maybe even add some percent performance extra on top. In case AMD really wants to reach Radeon VII and the RTX2080 they might go beyond the sweet spot and ruin the power balance and heat consumption again.

I pray they don't go that route once more. The only good thing is the cost driver HBM2 is not longer onboard. Therefore the chips should not be that expensive in comparison to the Vega predecessors.

+1 REP. Thank you true. It was purely attacking people in a toxic way.
Pick your own nose and then reflect on what you do yourself. You were accusing others of lying and spewing hate is surely a personal attack and of course toxic, that is why I quoted you in my lost post. BTW a REP is not a like button on Facebook!
post #118 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 398 (Unique: 205)
Quote: Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
AMD are highlighting the 7 in their promo material. It might just be because of 7nm but also might be naming Attachment 269666

Yeah I noticed that too. Actually they are talking about 7nm products at Computex, E3 and Hot Chips (in August).
I hope we don't need to wait until late August or September for Navi graphics cards to release. I would prefer if they release roughly at the same time as Zen2 does so I don't need to wait for months

post #119 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 151 (Unique: 128)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardware Hoshi View Post
Sounds good on paper, but in reality it will be business as usual. Remember the rumor about Radeon VII at $499 at launch? Did not happen and VII is still far away from that price mark today. I also wonder if the VAT is already included or not. In my country Germany you can add roughly another 20% on top. Then this card is way above 400 + extra costs of shipping to Europe and profit margin of the resellers. Maybe $450-500 final in Euros here? Suddenly doesn't sound as attractive as before. Hm....

If you think about it, the RTX2070 is around the old GTX1080 in raw performance with out the new features and gimmicks. This was the biggest criticism at launch. In AMD terms maybe an OC Vega 64. Having another Vega-class card for almost the same price is not that big of a deal. AMD seems to replace Polaris and Vega at once like they promised. The new chps will be cheaper to produce.

Question is how their RTG GPU-line-up will finally look like. Hopefully not another round of rebrands in between.
I'm on a 980Ti which is starting to show its age in some newer games at 1440p. Assuming it can be had for 350 or less for me in the states I'll get it as a stepping stone for some more juice until either company launches the next 1080Ti type card. 6-700 is my ideal spot to pay for top of the line card. Obviously I want it cheaper but I'm okay with that range as the technology is getting more expensive.

Quote:Originally Posted by Clinic http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a benchmark thread...if you want pics go look on newegg. Thats what the cards look like. They didn't secretly send me orange ones.
Darkness
(17 items)
CPU
Motherboard
asus z97-ar
GPU
gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaw
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w Platinum
Case
Corsair 600T SE
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
Monitor
Ultrasharp 27"
Monitor
HP W2338H 23"
Keyboard
Black Widow Ultimate
Mouse
Zowie EC2
Mouse
Zowie (Pure exellence)
Audio
dt880
Audio
sound blaster recon3d
Audio
swan m10
▲ hide details ▲

post #120 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:25 AM
News Fiend

Quote: Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
AMD are highlighting the 7 in their promo material. It might just be because of 7nm but also might be naming Attachment 269666

Yeah I noticed that too. Actually they are talking about 7nm products at Computex, E3 and Hot Chips (in August).
I hope we don't need to wait until late August or September for Navi graphics cards to release. I would prefer if they release roughly at the same time as Zen2 does so I don't need to wait for months
That's what I thought about them highlighting VII last time then they went with that for the product name. Maybe this time everything gets a 7. Rx 7xx, ryzen 7 7X00x, 7hreadripper, etc... Only half joking.

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in