[Forbes] AMD In Shock Intel-Smashing Performance Claim: Is Cinebench Score Really True? - Page 16 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Forbes] AMD In Shock Intel-Smashing Performance Claim: Is Cinebench Score Really True?

post #151 of 156 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 06:54 PM
Untitled.jpg

Rep: 35 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
maybe your content will find more appreciation over here:

[GamersNexus] Ryzen 3000 release date

somewhere adoredTV's video is not in the OP or source article.
Tbf though, at the time I posted that it probably should have gone in rumors.

NotGoodEnough
(15 items)
CPU
R7 3700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi
GPU
MSI Gaming GTX 1080ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 860 Evo
Power Supply
Corsair HX750 Platinum
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15 w/ Chromax
Case
NZXT H700
Monitor
Acer XB271U 27" 1440p 165hz Gsync IPS
Monitor
Samsung LU32H850 32" 4k Freesync QLED
Monitor
55" LG C9 OLED
Keyboard
CoolerMaster Pro S TKL
Mouse
Logitech G703
Audio
M50X & M50Xbt
Audio
Edifier S880DB
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by zealord View Post
The weekend will fly by and then we will know. I think the keynote is late sunday for americans and early monday morning for Europe if I am not mistaken.

I am in desperate need to upgrade and I hope that Zen2 comes in swinging. I don't even need a 12c or 16c CPU, I would prefer a high clocked 8c/16t CPU !
I'm with you. They could put out a 64-core CPU with all cores at 5Ghz for $299 and I would still not be interested. Now give me a 6C or 8C running at 7 or 8Ghz and I am willing to go $999
post #153 of 156 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 216 (Unique: 139)
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkpriest667 View Post
Well 5 or 6 people are. I made my comment and it was glistened over. My comment was more about the AMD performance and how it effects the market and Intel, but a few folks want to have an internet flame war about some random youtuber. OK.

Yeah, Forbes, a business and investment newspaper.
Maybe click into the article and you can see that Forbes references adoredtv for the cinebench leak.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 156 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:25 AM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
Quote: Originally Posted by coupe View Post
It's amazing how AMD shows an amazing product stack that might just put some fear into Intel and their high priced chips and we're all talking about a youtuber who's leaks didn't turn out..
Saying that AMD showed an amazing product stack might be stretching it a bit. 3 processors (with very little info) and teasing a GPU is not exactly showing off an amazing product stack. I know we are excited, but we still need to try and stay in reality.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

post #155 of 156 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:00 PM
Master of Black Snow

Rep: 700 (Unique: 519)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shatun-Bear View Post
I think he is full of cr*p. A hardware guy on Resetera has leaked the line-up being revealed tomorrow:

R5 3600- 6C 12T
R5 3600X- 6C 12T
R7 3700- 8C 16T
R7 3700X- 8C 16T
R7 3800X- 12C 24T
-Launch in July
-A few months later you'll get the 3200G and 3400G APU's, which will round off the lower end.
-Those have already been announced (albeit their laptop varients), basic 4c/4t and 4c/8t respectively on 12nm
-Prices all around are quite reasonable, however theyre not the miracle works you've heard before
-3800X is priced lower then the OG 1800X, so you don't have to worry about spending $500
-16C 32T unit isnt coming at launch, or even being revealed.
-Ive heard numerous months for that, but the general consensus is Winter

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ryz...#post-21126183

This guy is reliable.

So it looks like Adored's December hype chart was almost entirely wrong, he got the SKUs wrong, the prices wrong, the APU part was all wrong, and I'm willing to bet that nearly all of the clockspeeds are wrong. Adored was either fed fake info, or made the chart up himself. Whatever the case, he created unrealistic hype that AMD couldn't live up to, especially with those silly prices (which I said at the time were pie in the sky stuff, 7nm 6-core Ryzen for $99?!?!?).

Do you guys simply watch Adored vids with the volume off?

I've been watching since before Ryzen and Vega launched. He always prefaces with "Speculation" and "Speculative" based on "leaks" and personal knowledge.

If you can do better, simply put together your own YT channel and let er rip.

Based on his speculation he may be wrong, but he's a lot closer than most. At the end of the day, every rumor is subject to change during the manufacturing process. I am not sticking up for the guy because I think that he's spot on, but because he's willing to put time into the rumors of impending AMD product. I've no idea what his Biases are but given that Intel has been sucking their consumer market dry over less than 5% gains over their previous SKU-lines, it's nice to see content regarding their competition. Even if it is speculative in Nature.

One thing you cannot predict where CPUs are concerned is how memory will play with them. Nobody saw RAM issues pre-reviewer samples. Then we found out after launch that any old RAM is not just any old RAM. I guess AMD should have accounted for the egregious Intel Love from the Memory Manufacturing side of things and that their new architecture may not play nice with RAM that was geared toward Intel processors.

I went all in with my R7 1800x purchase at Launch. $500. I learned from that and won't be going all in on future purchases, because it ate up 2 years of warranty coverage sitting in the box and waiting on Motherboard and RAM. I woulda gone with the CVIHero had there been no issues with RAM. But since there were I sat out til the market stabilized and had a better understanding of what was actually going on.

My next upgrade will wait for a bit as I have some time left on this CPU. When I get everything the way I want it, then I will likely Lapp the CPU and keep using it on another platform while I put an R9 on this board and ride it out til CVIIIIHero releases. Change to that board and rinse and repeat.

I just find it laughable how many people are quick to tear someone (who is at the least insightful) down, when they aren't willing to put themselves out there to do the same. You may not agree with him but don't whiz on his method if he's not 100%. If he were 100% every time, then his sources would stop updating him as their NDA would land them in hot water.

~Ceadder

I am really starting to feel my Oats as a long time member of OCN. Why did we go back to this system again?

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/w8cbvb-6.png
Black snow
(17 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1800x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z370 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZSK
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 750 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Adata m.2
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova
Cooling
EKWB Crosshair VI Acetyl Monoblock
Case
Lian Li O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64bit USB
Monitor
Samsung NU6900
Keyboard
Corsair K55
Mouse
Corsair M65
Other
Xbox Wireless Controller: Winter Forces Special Edition - Xbox One/Xbox One S/Windows 10
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard
Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
Corsair Dominator
Hard Drive
x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0
Hard Drive
Samsun 750 EVO
Power Supply
EVGA
Cooling
EK D5 Vario
Cooling
EK x3 250 RGB
Cooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silent Fans
Cooling
EK Supreme HF Classified
Cooling
Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing.
Cooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings
Cooling
EK x3 CSQ Clean Acrylic
Cooling
EK RX 480 Copper/Acetyl
Case
HAF 932
Operating System
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM
Monitor
Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen
Keyboard
Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know what I'm going to replace it with.
Mouse
Logitech g9x
Mouse
COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad
Audio
Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers
Other
Creative X-Fi
Other
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3
▲ hide details ▲

post #156 of 156 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 52)
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

Do you guys simply watch Adored vids with the volume off?

I've been watching since before Ryzen and Vega launched. He always prefaces with "Speculation" and "Speculative" based on "leaks" and personal knowledge.

If you can do better, simply put together your own YT channel and let er rip.

Based on his speculation he may be wrong, but he's a lot closer than most. At the end of the day, every rumor is subject to change during the manufacturing process. I am not sticking up for the guy because I think that he's spot on, but because he's willing to put time into the rumors of impending AMD product. I've no idea what his Biases are but given that Intel has been sucking their consumer market dry over less than 5% gains over their previous SKU-lines, it's nice to see content regarding their competition. Even if it is speculative in Nature.

One thing you cannot predict where CPUs are concerned is how memory will play with them. Nobody saw RAM issues pre-reviewer samples. Then we found out after launch that any old RAM is not just any old RAM. I guess AMD should have accounted for the egregious Intel Love from the Memory Manufacturing side of things and that their new architecture may not play nice with RAM that was geared toward Intel processors.

I went all in with my R7 1800x purchase at Launch. $500. I learned from that and won't be going all in on future purchases, because it ate up 2 years of warranty coverage sitting in the box and waiting on Motherboard and RAM. I woulda gone with the CVIHero had there been no issues with RAM. But since there were I sat out til the market stabilized and had a better understanding of what was actually going on.

My next upgrade will wait for a bit as I have some time left on this CPU. When I get everything the way I want it, then I will likely Lapp the CPU and keep using it on another platform while I put an R9 on this board and ride it out til CVIIIIHero releases. Change to that board and rinse and repeat.

I just find it laughable how many people are quick to tear someone (who is at the least insightful) down, when they aren't willing to put themselves out there to do the same. You may not agree with him but don't whiz on his method if he's not 100%. If he were 100% every time, then his sources would stop updating him as their NDA would land them in hot water.

~Ceadder
I believe they do watch with system muted. Because he clearly states in the videos I watch to take these with a grain of salt.

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Processor
Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi
VGA: Asrock Phantom Gaming Radeon VII
RAM: G-Skill 3200 RipJaws F4-3200C16-16GVK
Storage: Samsung M.2 850 EVO 1TB
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 Platinum
Cooling: HeatKiller For CPU & Bykski for GPU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in