[WCCF]Nvidia's Super GPUs, Unleashing Monsters [Updated] - Page 18 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[WCCF]Nvidia's Super GPUs, Unleashing Monsters [Updated]

post #171 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 99 (Unique: 72)
Quote: Originally Posted by Woundingchaney View Post
Yeah Im not arguing the notion that this recent line of cards has been popular with consumers, though for enthusiasts and some of the professional market there simply isnt anything else competitive on the market. Anyone outside of these markets and even some of those currently in them simply cant justify the RTX line as it stands today.

AMD has blown most of the R&D and production budget on their cpu line/s (which of course was a wise solution) and the gpu market is not exactly easy to break in to. Best thing consumers can hope for is Intel having a strong initial showing, which doesnt seem likely right now.
I agreed, but when you see nvidia trying to price gouge a 2060 call it super or not is a damn xx60 gpu after all and trying to put a msrb $429 we should know the future dont seems good...
Why you think the pc gaming bloomed the last couple of yrs? bcuz of good prices.. You have company's selling you mainstream cpus at hedt prices you see nvidia charging $429 msrb for a xx60 chip....

where we going to end at at this point?

im sorry but a console its looking very appealing at this point XD 30 fps or not lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Portgas D. Ace

Rep: 311 (Unique: 238)
Yeah Im not arguing the notion that this recent line of cards has been popular with consumers, though for enthusiasts and some of the professional market there simply isnt anything else competitive on the market. Anyone outside of these markets and even some of those currently in them simply cant justify the RTX line as it stands today.

AMD has blown most of the R&D and production budget on their cpu line/s (which of course was a wise solution) and the gpu market is not exactly easy to break in to. Best thing consumers can hope for is Intel having a strong initial showing, which doesnt seem likely right now.
Other than abandoning PCMR and getting a console, shop entry level. That is where the $/performance is decent, otherwise with higher end cards companies make more of a profit. Nothing here is new given the current duolpoy climate. Choice is an illusion. The more astounding revelation is Nivida managed to 'lead' the entire gaming industry to RT. Hats off.

PCMR
(18 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
ASROCK RX 570
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 2TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Joystick modded
▲ hide details ▲
post #173 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:15 AM
sudo apt install sl

Rep: 176 (Unique: 123)
Quote: Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post
Given his statement, he is referring to consumers that arent in the gaming market or really even the enthusiast market.
well, his statement which usually is the case if you havent read him before which defends this type of behavior..
seen him numerous times defending it like is worth it..

trust me people who are actually thinking of doing just that they will just do it its the same as apple 50k machine they will just buy it and the discussion is over XD

But, it dont fit what i said at all... Nvidia is the laughing stock right now believe it or not and is not me saying it. You can go read users comments on wccftech, twitter, facebooks ads etc....
same pattern..
Sure I agree when it comes to the cards gaming performance compared to last generation it can be funny. When you look at the cards compute and content creation abilities you can see the value.

After seeing Love Death and Robots I can't hate on the RTX series.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 119 (Unique: 95)
I agreed, but when you see nvidia trying to price gouge a 2060 call it super or not is a damn xx60 gpu after all and trying to put a msrb $429 we should know the future dont seems good...
Why you think the pc gaming bloomed the last couple of yrs? bcuz of good prices.. You have company's selling you mainstream cpus at hedt prices you see nvidia charging $429 msrb for a xx60 chip....

where we going to end at at this point?

im sorry but a console its looking very appealing at this point XD 30 fps or not lol
I dont really think PC gaming boomed because of good prices. If anything I think the streaming and professional gaming scene was a huge uplift for pc gaming, simply because it became a viable option for millions of consumers. Its also important to note that the current generation of consoles was so underpowered that the PC platform was much more inticing, the next generation looks to be the same particularly after we get past all the marketing hoopla.

Realistically its been quite awhile since people would say Nvidia had good prices, maybe since what the 8800 line?

If anything there really isnt any reason for the typical consumer to upgrade, at least not until we see the next line of consoles and bottom line development takes a couple steps up. I dont think that there is any doubt that the 2k line up isnt a great option for gamers, but I dont look for this trend to continue. Eventually, there will be competition in the market or Nvidia will need to start offering more viable upgrade paths to consumers. Nvidia is a public company and they cant afford too many poor sales cycles for their most visible product/s.

post #175 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 20)
I'm still waiting for a solid version from Redshift that isn't on a beta engine, but so far there have been decent gains in render times utilizing RT cores. In some areas as much as 40% speed increase when compared to non-RT gpus rendering the same scenes from beta testers. I was holding off until the next gen due to the crazy price hike this time around, but if these super cards get the 2080ti price down a little bit, it might be worth swapping out what I currently have while my 1080tis still hold value. Getting both cards vram via nvlink will be nice as well, even if the performance goes down slightly. They haven't gotten nvlink active yet, but it's in the process and they seem fairly confident it will work out for memory pooling on 2080/ti. A 40% improvement and nearly double the vram is looking pretty nice to me for my purposes.

ZMT watercool setup -- Phanteks Enthoo Elite -- hwlabs gtr 420 x 2 -- -- xspc tx360 crossflow -- noctua A14 PWM x9 -- 9900x -- x299 TUF Mk1
Corsair Hydro X XC9 -- 64gb 3200 tridentZ Royal CL14 -- AX1500i -- 2x 7600p on hyper m.2 VROC 4TB -- EK ZMT Tubing -- Ek Fittings -- dual Aorus Waterforce xtreme 2080ti -- asus PG279UZ monitors x3 7680x1440 surround
Bertha5.5
(21 items)
CPU
9900x
Motherboard
X2399 TUF Mk1
GPU
Aorus 2080ti Waterforce Xtreme
GPU
Aorus 2080ti Waterforce Xtreme
RAM
TridentZ Royal 3200 CL14
Hard Drive
VROC 7600P x2
Power Supply
Ax1500i
Cooling
HWL GTR 420 x2
Cooling
XSPC TX360 Crossflow
Cooling
EK ZMT 10/16
Cooling
Corsair XC9
Cooling
Corsair XD5
Cooling
EK 10/16 Fittings
Cooling
Noctua A14 PWM x9
Cooling
Noctua NF-P12 PWM redux x3
Case
Enthoo Elite
Operating System
Win 10 Pro 64
Monitor
Asus PG279QZ x3
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
Mouse
Corsair Nightsword
Mousepad
Corsair MM800
▲ hide details ▲
post #176 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:05 PM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 219 (Unique: 136)
I didn't realize PC gaming was going through a boom. I tend to stay as far away from streaming and e-sports as possible so it makes sense to me for them to be the source of a boom I didn't see.

Gaming Rig
(12 items)
Couch Gaming Rig
(10 items)
Work rig
(11 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Master
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
HP EX920 m.2
Hard Drive
Intel SSD6 m.2
Hard Drive
Intel SSD6 m.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Win 10 Home
Monitor
LG 32GK650G
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard
Asus x470i
GPU
Radeon VII
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 evo
Power Supply
InWin A1
Cooling
NZXT M22
Case
InWin A1
Operating System
Win10 Home
Monitor
Vizio 4k TV
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
GTX 750
RAM
Patriot Viper
Hard Drive
HP EX920 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
NZXT Source 210
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
BenQ PD3200Q
Monitor
LG 32UD59
▲ hide details ▲

post #177 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:39 PM
sudo apt install sl

Rep: 176 (Unique: 123)
Mind you 2060 @ 400+ MSRB

$430 bucks lol

thats the bargain of the century hahahahhaa
Again depends on the use case because I'm sure it will be a bargain for deep learning.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...compute&num=10

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
post #178 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 171 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
I didn't realize PC gaming was going through a boom. I tend to stay as far away from streaming and e-sports as possible so it makes sense to me for them to be the source of a boom I didn't see.
PC gaming is on the uptick, but it's in the low end spec range of PC's. the Fortnite type games that can run on a potato.

What I would refer to as PC gaming and likely you as well (getting the newest AAA release on PC instead of a console) if anything has been on the downturn lately based on the downturn in custom PC parts sales like GPU's etc. etc.

With the costs of PC getting inflated to the moon between mining booms, collusion (DDR4), and just plain greed, it seems to me that critical mass has been hit and the added benefits of PC gaming just isn't worth the costs anymore.

post #179 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 119 (Unique: 95)
Quote: Originally Posted by DNMock View Post
PC gaming is on the uptick, but it's in the low end spec range of PC's. the Fortnite type games that can run on a potato.

What I would refer to as PC gaming and likely you as well (getting the newest AAA release on PC instead of a console) if anything has been on the downturn lately based on the downturn in custom PC parts sales like GPU's etc. etc.

With the costs of PC getting inflated to the moon between mining booms, collusion (DDR4), and just plain greed, it seems to me that critical mass has been hit and the added benefits of PC gaming just isn't worth the costs anymore.
The problem is that you cant relate software releases to hardware releases particularly when there simply isnt a relevant reason for your typical PC gamer to upgrade.

The platform as a whole is very hard to gauge as far a sales figures, but there is more than enough anecdotal evidence and statements from publishers to suggest that PC is a larger portion of their sales than it has been in the past. I havent seen anything to suggest that there has been a downturn in AAA title sales.

Generally speaking the market for higher end gaming (AAA) should swing back to consoles around the release of the next generation, but then level off a year or two after they have been released. This seems to have become a relative norm in the industry. Ultimately I cant see the PC platform not being a mainstay in the gaming market at whatever segment, simply because the consumer base is too large to ignore and game development is considerably easier to port/transfer these days with consoles not being overly exotic anymore.

Having said this, with the looming introduction of service based gaming Im not sure where the market will ultimately end up. I can easily see this having both positive and negative impact on the PC platform.
post #180 of 458 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:51 PM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 219 (Unique: 136)
I have had a couple of friends make the jump into pc gaming in the last six months. I thought it was more of an anomaly than a trend because I can't recall anyone else I know "getting into" pc gaming since the early 2000's.

Gaming Rig
(12 items)
Couch Gaming Rig
(10 items)
Work rig
(11 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Master
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
HP EX920 m.2
Hard Drive
Intel SSD6 m.2
Hard Drive
Intel SSD6 m.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Win 10 Home
Monitor
LG 32GK650G
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard
Asus x470i
GPU
Radeon VII
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 evo
Power Supply
InWin A1
Cooling
NZXT M22
Case
InWin A1
Operating System
Win10 Home
Monitor
Vizio 4k TV
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
GTX 750
RAM
Patriot Viper
Hard Drive
HP EX920 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
NZXT Source 210
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
BenQ PD3200Q
Monitor
LG 32UD59
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in