[Benchmark.pl] AMDRadeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 review leaks - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Benchmark.pl] AMDRadeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 review leaks

Closed Thread

post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Vandelay Industries

Rep: 78 (Unique: 59)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Yet you can play fully path traced on a 2070 at 1080p.

In EU AMD prices have been atrocious whole GCN. They may announce a $449 reference card... and then what happens? Those cards never appear in shops at all beside few units in western EU for 6 months after launch. At which point partner cards are arriving instead at higher prices of $500+ etc.
Don't compare these blower trash cards almost no one will buy or even be able to. Similar with NV's founder edition. Look at major partner brands and then compare value.

An RTX 2070 sold around 500 EUR with tax, custom card, doesn't go over 65C under full load. No coupons or American like magic discounts, rebates and what not. Dunno where you're getting 550 EUR for it. Nowadays that card costs 480 EUR and there are cheaper options at 450 EUR and due to refresh even below pops up. Or you can get the 2070S in a few weeks at similar prices around 500 EUR with a bit more punch. Or wait months to no end for AMD partner cards = autumn at 500 EUR as well.
I'm not sure about the rest of the EU, but in the UK prices of AMD cards simply followed the mining trend. Since the mining decline prices have gone back down...105 quid for a rx 570, 130 for a rx 580...etc...Nvidia wasn't immune to mining prices either. I had a card die on me and I ended up having to pay 163 quid for a 1050ti.

That said, in the UK solar is a much better power option than in the US due to regulation. Not only that but there is actually competition in the utility space and I can freely and easily switch between providers. In the US most of us only have one option for utilities so we get screwed.

That all said VAT sucks, but if I have to choose between VAT and the NHS and other social care, I'll pay the VAT everyday of the week. I recently had the unfortunate circumstance to get hospitalized in the US. I could have paid for almost 50 RTX Titans for the same price as my 3 day stay. I'd trade 20% VAT ten fold to not have to worry about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 8)
More RadeonSI Navi Improvements Are Pending.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...i-Perf-Pending
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 08:06 AM
Vandelay Industries

Quote: Originally Posted by Hale59 View Post
More RadeonSI Navi Improvements Are Pending.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...i-Perf-Pending
For those not wanting to go to the article:
Quote:
This latest work includes enabling primitive binning by default, image stores support for delta color compression (DCC), utilizing a new scan converter, no longer needing to flush the L2 cache, pixel shaders without exports, enabling late export memory allocation for NGG, and vertex/geometry shader improvements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 319 (Unique: 231)
Quote: Originally Posted by maltamonk View Post
I'm not sure about the rest of the EU, but in the UK prices of AMD cards simply followed the mining trend. Since the mining decline prices have gone back down...105 quid for a rx 570, 130 for a rx 580...etc...Nvidia wasn't immune to mining prices either. I had a card die on me and I ended up having to pay 163 quid for a 1050ti.

That said, in the UK solar is a much better power option than in the US due to regulation. Not only that but there is actually competition in the utility space and I can freely and easily switch between providers. In the US most of us only have one option for utilities so we get screwed.

That all said VAT sucks, but if I have to choose between VAT and the NHS and other social care, I'll pay the VAT everyday of the week. I recently had the unfortunate circumstance to get hospitalized in the US. I could have paid for almost 50 RTX Titans for the same price as my 3 day stay. I'd trade 20% VAT ten fold to not have to worry about that.
UK should have been out of EU at least twice by now but they can't make up their minds or rather politicians want nothing to do with the Brexit that 51% votes were for.
VAT has nothing to do with healthcare insurance they are separate at least in EU and in US you can buy it too can't you. Same as tourists/travelers buy insurance too or can even within EU let alone going to US and such.
Of course in US they complain about healthcare costs but don't bother to pay for insurance because they are not forced to by their government like we are in EU.

Yes the US hospitals are well known to be a $10k+ a night hotels. They gotta rip the people off somehow, capitalism/consumerism they call it, private sector healthcare as in charge what ever you can, they either die or they pay or both. Taking advantage of people in dangerous situations, "great" business.

Last edited by JackCY; 07-06-2019 at 11:56 AM.
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:14 PM
Vandelay Industries

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
UK should have been out of EU at least twice by now but they can't make up their minds or rather politicians want nothing to do with the Brexit that 51% votes were for.
VAT has nothing to do with healthcare insurance they are separate at least in EU and in US you can buy it too can't you. Same as tourists/travelers buy insurance too or can even within EU let alone going to US and such.
Of course in US they complain about healthcare costs but don't bother to pay for insurance because they are not forced to by their government like we are in EU.

Yes the US hospitals are well known to be a $10k+ a night hotels. They gotta rip the people off somehow, capitalism/consumerism they call it, private sector healthcare as in charge what ever you can, they either die or they pay or both. Taking advantage of people in dangerous situations, "great" business.
I'm not saying vat and nhs are linked. I'm just noting differences between what there is there and what there is here.
We actually had a fine that was imposed if we chose not to pay for health insurance until it was repealed a few years back.
So my option in the US for insurance is $756 a month with a $7,300 deductible. My travel insurance to the UK is $230 for 3 months with $0 deductible. Theses are for me alone.

All that said....My apologies for bringing it up as this is not the place for it. I'm just bitter I got sick here.
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:20 AM
News Junkie

Rep: 298 (Unique: 232)
I got rid of my vega 64 in anticipation of picking up something new (and whilst it was still worth something)

I'm leaning towards a 2070 super for main rig and I might put a 5700xt in a small node 202 build I'm almost finished.
(all amd)

Really not getting all that more performance for the money with a new gpu. I have resisted the 2080ti so far but it really is the only product with interesting performance.

Main PC
(15 items)
CPU
3770k @ 5.0ghz
Motherboard
Asus Maximus V Formula
GPU
EKFC Sapphire RX VEGA 64
RAM
32GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2400mhz
Hard Drive
OCZ vertex 2 120GB SSD & Kingston 120GB SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung 2TB 5400rpm
Hard Drive
Toshiba 3TB 7200rpm
Hard Drive
Samsung 750GB 7200rpm
Power Supply
Corsair AX 860w Platinum
Cooling
XSPC RX360 & EK240
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm
Cooling
EK FCVEGA
Case
NZXT Switch 810
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
2 x Dell 30" 1600p
▲ hide details ▲
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:49 AM
The Challenger

Rep: 284 (Unique: 123)
Leaving this here...

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in