Anyways back on-topic: now that 3950X is a thing, how exactly is AMD going to pitch these Threadrippers? More PCIe lanes? (but 3- and 4-way mGPU have been dead for a few years now) MOAR COARZ? Quad channel memory? It's just with "mainstream" now going up to 16 cores, I can't help but feel the line has been significantly blurred between mainstream and HEDT, and I'm curios to know how AMD is going to segment them and prevent one from cannibalizing the other.
- 4930K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus X79-Deluxe
- MSi 980 Ti Gaming @ 1500/8000
- 4x4 GB Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz
- 2x 850 Pro 2TB
- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850W
- Phanteks Enthoo Primo
- Custom watercooling (420+360+240)
- XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS
Last edited by gonX; 07-11-2019 at 12:42 AM.
Reason: removed inappropriate quote by other member