[eTeknix]Nvidia ‘Super’ GPU Shortages May Spark Huge Price Hikes - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[eTeknix]Nvidia ‘Super’ GPU Shortages May Spark Huge Price Hikes

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:07 PM
‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Rep: 477 (Unique: 191)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayleyne View Post
I wanted to buy the 5700 but it doesn't do crossfire, And now i see this and im like, "I wanted to build a rig, Got money to build a rig... prices went up again, Guess i wont build a rig"
SLIFire is long dead. I used to run a 970 SLI setup ages ago and dumped that for a 980 Ti as soon as it came out. Not a huge difference when framerates were good, but as soon as it started tanking into the low 60s region, the (micro)stutter on the SLI setup became very jarring.

Also, listen to this guy:
|
|
|
V

Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
The universe is trying to prevent you from making the mistake of running a multi gpu setup, you should listen to it.

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
lol

a second GPU is only worth adding these days once you've already had the first one, n there's nothing else to upgrade to.
Negative. A second GPU is only worth adding if you're doing surround setups, and only because out of necessity. A second GPU is never worth adding to a single monitor even if you've maxed out your GPU. In that case, just save that money and put it towards the next upgrade.

- 4930K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus X79-Deluxe
- MSi 980 Ti Gaming @ 1500/8000
- 4x4 GB Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz
- 2x 850 Pro 2TB
- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850W
- Phanteks Enthoo Primo
- Custom watercooling (420+360+240)
- XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:43 PM
mfw

Rep: 368 (Unique: 193)
Indeed. Microstutter and bad framerate consistency completely ruin the experience. Dishonored is one of my favorite games ever, and I still haven't finished Dishonored 2 because of that crap. To spend money to get that in more games than absolutely necessary seems like the worst possible investment.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'd be more concerned about the rising bitcoin. The used prices of Radeon vii are higher then the 2080. The Vega prices are not budging despite the new Navi. Although nvidias used prices have gone down. I don't know the best mining cards but I suspect it's the radeon vii? Facebook announcing crypto probably rose bitcoin, then the government announcing it's looking into the currency has made it level off for now. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Freeze it

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by magnek View Post
SLIFire is long dead. I used to run a 970 SLI setup ages ago and dumped that for a 980 Ti as soon as it came out. Not a huge difference when framerates were good, but as soon as it started tanking into the low 60s region, the (micro)stutter on the SLI setup became very jarring.

Also, listen to this guy:
|
|
|
V

Negative. A second GPU is only worth adding if you're doing surround setups, and only because out of necessity. A second GPU is never worth adding to a single monitor even if you've maxed out your GPU. In that case, just save that money and put it towards the next upgrade.

Well I guess messed up than because I'm running two 2080ti on a single Asus 4K HDR 144hz monitor mind you the only triple A title game that the two cards scaled well with was Black ops 4. Every other triple A game that I have come across didn't scale at all and they where recent release titles. I don't know how well it would do with 3 4K monitors?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in